PDA

View Full Version : I finally beat Ruby Weapon!

Lazerface
07-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Knights of the Round+MP Turbo, Hades+Quadra Magic, One party member alive, Cloud, Level 93. OH MY GOD!!! I FINALLY BEAT THE RED smurfER! I KICKED HIS ASS LIKE A BAD HABIT! AFTER SPENDING A WHOLE YEAR AND MONTHS WORTH OF LEVELING UP I BEAT HIS ASS!! Now all that's left is Emerald Weapon. I'm coming for you aquatic hulk looking big son of a bitch! Anyone else feel as ecstatic as I do now when you beat one of the stronger weapons?

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Lol. Well dont be too concerned for emerald. I think he is way easier.

fat_moogle
07-08-2015, 08:32 PM
Well done!

I attempted to fight Ruby and Emerald once, but I was wiped in one hit (of course nowhere near levelled enough + I never got any of those summons).

Lazerface
07-08-2015, 09:25 PM
Lol. Well dont be too concerned for emerald. I think he is way easier. How so? Right now I'm fighting Emerald and he's relentless. The only way I'm doing 9999 damage is with KOTR+MP Turbo. I heard you're supposed to use HP Absorb but I haven't leveled up KOTR enough for it to 9999 on its own.

Mirage
07-08-2015, 09:27 PM
You don't have to do 9999 damage every turn. Easy doesn't equal the fastest kill possible :p

Saber
07-08-2015, 11:56 PM
The Brandy Guide said Behamut Zero + Quadra Magic OWNED

Now for Ruby I use KOTD + HP Absorb, Hades + W-Summon

After those two I mime.

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-09-2015, 12:02 AM
Lol. Well dont be too concerned for emerald. I think he is way easier. How so? Right now I'm fighting Emerald and he's relentless. The only way I'm doing 9999 damage is with KOTR+MP Turbo. I heard you're supposed to use HP Absorb but I haven't leveled up KOTR enough for it to 9999 on its own.

You dont need to do max damage every turn. Equip the least amount materia you need cause his air tam storm or whatever its called does more damage the more materia you have equiped. Its been years so as far a strategy I think maybe I had kotr+quadra magic with w-summon on cloud and prob mime on the other two with plenty of megalixers. I just remember Ruby was way more difficult to me than Emerald.

Masamunemaster
07-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Kotr+mp absorb, quadra magic+master summon, w summon+mime

Hits 8 times doing around 240k with all three characters and absorbs mp so you don't have to worry about it.

Ayen
07-09-2015, 03:16 PM
Only optional Weapon I beat was Ultima, so I wouldn't know. Ruby is a mother smurfer, though.

Lazerface
07-09-2015, 03:24 PM
I FINALLY MURDERED FAT BASTARD EMERALD WEAPON!!!! YEAH!!! NOW I'MMA DRINK A BUNCH OF MOUNTAIN AND CELEBRATE BECAUSE I TECHNICALLY DID ALL THAT FFVII HAS HAD TO OFFER ERGGGHH!!!

Bubba
07-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Good effort, man! I've beaten them a few times over the years.

I like to use All Lucky Sevens against them to start with. Make sure your HP is below 7777 then get into fights against weak creatures until the last two digits on one of your characters hits 77. Then you'll be on say 6077 HP or whatever. You can just use potions and hi-potions then to bring you up to 7777 then pick a fight with one of the big bastards :D

It won't kill them outright but it won't take much more of any of the above tactics to finish them off.

Mirage
07-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Also possibly much faster than using slow summons.

Karifean
07-09-2015, 08:46 PM
GJ^^

I've beaten them so many times they're not even remotely challenging anymore. They're real intimidating and tough if you don't know what you're in for, but once you know what they do and how to work against that they end up being pretty easy. Unless you're doing a self-imposed challenge or something.

Fox
07-14-2015, 12:51 AM
Can I just say... I can't do these battles. I did beat Ruby, just the one time but...

...but my game bugged out and the battle never completed :( Technically I have beaten him, but no game save exists where I have done it. I haven't had the heart to try and super boss since.

escobert
07-14-2015, 06:02 AM
I've beat Emerald but never Ruby.

Ixtli
10-14-2015, 08:11 PM
I could never beat Ruby Weapon. I always just ignore his existence as a result. I guess I'm just a sore loser, lol.

Crop
10-14-2015, 10:42 PM
Nice work, always a satisfying feeling beating those two.

They were the only two extra bosses I ever bothered with in FF games, and contrary to the majority of people I always found Emerald harder than Ruby.

Lazerface
10-15-2015, 01:11 AM
Yeah I know, I murdered that fuck so hard that his children are going to have stab wounds across them. Just wait till FFVII remake comes out and it'll be hell reinvented.

Psychotic
10-15-2015, 11:17 AM
Yeah I know, I murdered that fuck so hard that his children are going to have stab wounds across them. Just wait till FFVII remake comes out and it'll be hell reinvented.Is it murder or self-defence?

Ixtli
10-15-2015, 02:43 PM
Yeah I know, I murdered that smurf so hard that his children are going to have stab wounds across them. Just wait till FFVII remake comes out and it'll be hell reinvented. lol, that sounds like something Deadpool would say. XD