PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man's Rogues Gallery

Colonel Angus
08-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Spider-Man probably has the greatest Rogues Gallery right after Batman. They run the gammut from silly (for instance Sandman) to sinister (like Carnage). Which is your favorite?

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/simpsons-spider-man-mashup-large.jpg

Leigh
08-11-2015, 05:43 PM
Well you learn something every day. I'm only just getting into comics, but I was a big fan of animated comic adaptations in the early 1990s.

Now I know the meaning of Rogue Gallery, I can stop saying "baddies" when talking to my comic obsessed colleague in work! :lol:

...aaand
It's gotta be Venom, don't it?

Perducci
08-11-2015, 06:43 PM

Leigh
08-11-2015, 09:41 PM

But MUST be played by J.K Simmons. :love:

Perducci
08-11-2015, 10:52 PM
But MUST be played by J.K Simmons. :love:

Of course! Best casting.

As for actual bad guy villains, I'm quite fond of Mysterio. I'd love to see him in a Spider-Man movie. I've heard Kraven the Hunters name being tossed around a lot recently but I feel like a Chameleon/Mysterio villain combo could make for a great movie.

Colonel Angus
08-11-2015, 10:57 PM
I hope to god in the reboot they get JK Simmons to play him again.

Pike
08-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Doc Ock.

Clearly. :heart:

Colonel Angus
08-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Doc Ock.

I love Doc Ock, but I think Hobgoblin just edges him a bit.

I'm kinda surprised Pumpkin didn't choose Jack O'Lantern. :p

Madame Adequate
08-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Doc Ock.

okay... that sounds fake but okay

Colonel Angus
08-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Doc Ock.

okay... that sounds fake but okay
What, you don't like Hobgoblin? :colbert:

Madame Adequate
08-11-2015, 11:07 PM
Not especially, he's like a cheap foreign knock-off of Green Goblin, who is actually pretty cool.

But the notion that anyone is better than Doc Ock (Except J. Jonah Jameson maybe) is not an opinion that needs much credence.

Colonel Angus
08-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Not especially, he's like a cheap foreign knock-off of Green Goblin, who is actually pretty cool.

But the notion that anyone is better than Doc Ock (Except J. Jonah Jameson maybe) is not an opinion that needs much credence.
Hobgoblin, Doc Ock & JJ are all better than Green Goblin.

Perducci
08-11-2015, 11:44 PM
I love Doc Ock and Green Goblin but I am pretty indifferent about Hobgoblin.
Superior Spider-Man was pretty awesome and Spider-Man 2 is the best Spider-Man movie so far because it had Doctor Octopus in it.

Green Goblin's been pretty overused in the movies so far so I think I could wait a few years before seeing him on screen again but I would not mind Norman Osborn becoming a recurring character throughout the MCU.

Shiny
08-12-2015, 04:18 AM
Backstory wise Carnage and Mysterio have always been my favorites. There would be amazing as the main villains. Venom and Carnage in the same story would also be amazing if they do it right. They fucked yo Venom last time.

I would like to see Shocker in a film only because he is charismatic and easy to pull off as a sub plot to connect to another villain but there is no way he can carry it as the main plot. I would prefer they just stick to one villain.

Perducci
08-12-2015, 07:22 PM
I would like to see Shocker in a film only because he is charismatic and easy to pull off as a sub plot to connect to another villain but there is no way he can carry it as the main plot. I would prefer they just stick to one villain.

They need to do a 5-10 minute opening scene for each movie that focuses on one of the smaller villains. Imagine the opening bank heist scene from The Dark Knight except this time it's Shocker robbing the bank and Spidey bursts in to save the day before the opening credits roll... Shocker, Tombstone, Scorpion, and all the other villains that they'd otherwise never utilize as 'main' villains can all get their chance to shine. :D

G13
08-15-2015, 06:46 PM
Venom is my favorite villain visually. I always liked that his look was a variation of Spider-Man's suit.

After the Ends of the Earth storyline and the soon to follow Superior Spider-Man run I've got to say that Doctor Octopus is hands down the best Spider-Man villain.

Zanmato
08-22-2015, 12:30 PM

JJ is the best! :D