PDA

View Full Version : Strapping EoFFfE Member Dances Like Thunder - game changer

Alive-Cat
07-09-2015, 05:09 PM
the question is one that has been passed down through the aeons just like basketball and sellotape; do you like to dance? how are you with dancing? how is your rhythm, speed, your grace? do you dance in public or secretly in a dark room? is your dance seductive or do you inspire great pride in one's country?

have you heard of the new dance they do where they sit on their legs for a long time and then dance on their numb legs, creating a crazy new dance called the calf breaker?

does dancing in public make you embarrassed? at a club do you touch other people's skin when you dance, or dare not go near?

it is okay, lots of people are scared to dance, as this video will go at lengths to prove to you. hopefully it finds you well, and leaves you feeling more confident and able to enjoy the world of dance with others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_93MklW0mE8

Shorty
07-09-2015, 05:44 PM
I took ballroom for several years and loved it, but I am a terrible impromptu dancer. I did go to a funk club a few weeks ago, though, and let loose after some g&ts. Typical non-club white people bouncing is what it adds up to be :jess:

FFNut
07-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Ie been known to get down after a few G&T's myself.

fire_of_avalon
07-10-2015, 12:18 AM
I dance like I sing: badly and with great enthusiasm. And people love it.

Pheesh
07-10-2015, 01:42 AM
I'm actually not bad at dancing, I feel like if I took a little bit of time to actually practice it I could end up being quite good. It's fun to just dance around like you don't know what the hell you're doing though.

Shiny
07-10-2015, 03:23 AM
If I drink enough I can believe I can dance. It's actually kind of embarrassing but the only dancing I do well is stripper type dancing sans taking clothes off. xD

At least I have a fall-back career. :monster:

noxious.sunshine
07-10-2015, 04:53 AM
Nope.

I don't dance.

I can't dance and I refuse. No matter how drunk I am.

Actually I did get sucked into dancing duranguense once with my ex's uncle's and cousins once during new years eve.. Heh.

I have 2 left feet though

Sephex
07-10-2015, 04:58 AM
This thread title is setting off my bot hunting instinct.

Ayen
07-11-2015, 12:32 AM
I like to dance on occasion, but can't dance for trout. I moon walked on a dance floor at a wedding once and dad took me off thinking it was just for those directly involved with the wedding. It wasn't, though. I got to shake down for five seconds!

Honestly, I think he pulled me off because I was that bad :lol:

starlet
07-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Heavens no, not in front of people! I do dance in my kitchen while making food sometimes, but I live alone so no one has to suffer through watching me. What's even more ironic is I listen to a lot of danceable music (industrial) and I go to places with that theme sometimes. I took belly dancing lessons a few years ago too and I want to do it again when I have time/money to do so.

Alive-Cat
07-12-2015, 09:55 PM
i am slowly learning to dance. one day, i will dance.

Iceglow
07-14-2015, 06:04 PM
I'm known to get on up on the dance floor when I go out. Especially once the alcohol hits me, though that is not an exclusive requirement.

I used to do figure skating as a kid and learnt how to move around an ice rink to music (I also learnt how to play Ice Hockey so was pretty balanced lots of speed and aggression with some grace and fluidity) but obviously dancing outside of that is pretty different.

I learnt to do basic stuff like 2-stepping in college listening to ska punk. As a teen I picked up some good old fashioned rock and roll style dancing, I also even picked up some country line dancing (I'm not even kidding here) I learnt how to do several urban style dance moves from demonstrating games in particular "Just Dance" for the xbox 360 comes to mind here as when Kinnect launched it was one of the more interesting games to demonstrate to people. Kinnect Adventures was just terrible for it haha.

I'm fairly confident on the dance floor and haven't been written off as a complete failure at it either. I always just put it that I have just enough skill to get the girl.

Formalhaut
07-14-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm far too self-conscious to dance impromptu in a club or whatever. I'm the guy who watches other people dance, cheering them on.

Having said that, group dances are the best because there's always going to be people worse than you and make mistakes, just like you! Ceilidh dances are just so much fun. Intense and exhausting, but so much fun.

Shauna
07-14-2015, 06:45 PM
I jump around like a crazy person to the beat of some cool music from time to time.