PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest choice of wespons?

Galuf
07-09-2015, 07:31 PM
So we all know that you can give any wespon to any character. But which is the stupidest choice for each character? Also no one can have the same. For me it is:
Vaan: guns
Balthier: bow
Fran: bomb
Basch: dagger/ninja swords
Ashe: spear
Penelo: greatswords

to be honest this isnt the dumbest but it is dumb enough to still be playable. I am actualky using this team in my current playthrough of FFXII

Fynn
07-10-2015, 05:16 PM
You know, from an efficiency standpoint, it's the dumbest to give Fran a bow and Balthier a gun, because their unique animations with them cause a delay :p

Galuf
07-10-2015, 05:27 PM
You know, from an efficiency standpoint, it's the dumbest to give Fran a bow and Balthier a gun, because their unique animations with them cause a delay :p

Lol never noticed that. But the choices are for what would be stupid for the character to hold, not how efficient they are. Its funny how Ashe does not look stupid holding any weapon.

Fynn
07-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Because Ashe is a queen.

Pumpkin
07-10-2015, 05:55 PM
We've given Penelo a greatsword in our game ironically. She's our tank

Karifean
07-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Vaan: Rod
Balthier: Crossbow
Fran: Gun
Basch: Staff
Ashe: Bomb
Penelo: Greatsword

Even though Balthier and Fran have animation delays, the efficiency loss is so insignificant that I still give them guns and bows respectively if I can, just cause it fits them so well ^^

Fynn
07-10-2015, 07:39 PM
Vaan: Rod
Balthier: Crossbow
Fran: Gun
Basch: Staff
Ashe: Bomb
Penelo: Greatsword

Even though Balthier and Fran have animation delays, the efficiency loss is so insignificant that I still give them guns and bows respectively if I can, just cause it fits them so well ^^
Oh, of course, me too.

But it's frustrating for the min-maxers :p

Galuf
07-10-2015, 08:48 PM
Its is funny because Ashe uses bombs in the DS sequel, Revenant wings. Which i find random, though i think they needed another flying character in that game.

Anzai
07-11-2015, 12:42 AM
Admittedly I haven't experimented much in recent memory, but from personal experience stuff that never seemed to work would be...

Vaan: Hand Bombs
Balthier: Spear
Fran: Axes
Basch: Ninja Sword
Ashe: Dagger
Penelo: Rod

Fun fact: Whenever I used Penelo in a Boss Fight she always ends up tanking for at least half the fight. Maybe I still haven't figured out how to properly utilize Decoy, but she deals too much Magick damage to keep the agro off of her. The funny part is she tanks well, even without a Main Gauche and Shield combo to bolster her block rates. This had always made her an amusing choice of party leader to have the Black Mage kiting a Wyrm or Esper around the arena letting the rest of the party backstab it with impunity.

Fynn
07-11-2015, 01:32 PM

I actually kinda like this mental image! Uh... I-I mean, n-n-not in THAT way of course, don't be silly! Aha, ha... :shifty:

Formalhaut
07-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Hand Bombs > Anyone
Measures > Anyone
Crossbows > Anyone

I never really saw much point using any of these three weapon types with anyone, frankly. Hand bombs are basically inferior axes and hammers, measures are just... odd, and with a crossbow you may as well just use a bow or a gun.

Actually, come that I think of it, offensive magick is of limited use as well given the game's system of queuing actions. It's much faster and efficient to just use regular attacks once you get good weapons.

Vermachtnis
07-13-2015, 04:23 PM
Admittedly I haven't experimented much in recent memory, but from personal experience stuff that never seemed to work would be...

Vaan: Hand Bombs
Balthier: Spear
Basch: Ninja Sword
Ashe: Dagger
Penelo: Rod

Fun fact: Whenever I used Penelo in a Boss Fight she always ends up tanking for at least half the fight. Maybe I still haven't figured out how to properly utilize Decoy, but she deals too much Magick damage to keep the agro off of her. The funny part is she tanks well, even without a Main Gauche and Shield combo to bolster her block rates. This had always made her an amusing choice of party leader to have the Black Mage kiting a Wyrm or Esper around the arena letting the rest of the party backstab it with impunity.

I gave Balthier a spear the last time I played because I thought it matched his personality and it was so funny watching him use it. He just kind of thwacked things with it.

Formalhaut
07-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Balthier uses it like a club. It's really rather quite funny.

Galuf
07-13-2015, 04:48 PM
My first team was
Vaan: swords
Balthier:spear
Fran: Bow
Basch: greatswords
Ashe: swords
Penelo: ninja swords

Forsaken Lover
07-13-2015, 05:01 PM
The Sword of Kings is a Greatsword, isn't it? i just remember how Ashe 'oomphs" it about in cutscenes. Guess she's not too good with those.