PDA

View Full Version : Licensed Games

Wolf Kanno
07-13-2015, 07:24 PM
I'm talking about games about other licensed IP materials. Your American Superhero comic games, your anime games, and the game about the movie you probably just came home from watching. What are some of your faves? Which ones still haunt you?

Ayen
07-13-2015, 07:26 PM
The Ghostbustser Video Game that had the original cast do the voice work was pretty good. I'd recommend it to any fans of the movies.

A Bug's Life still haunt my dreams. I hated that game so much. The rage. ALL OF MY RAGE!

fat_moogle
07-13-2015, 08:33 PM
A Bug's Life still haunt my dreams. I hated that game so much. The rage. ALL OF MY RAGE!
OMG THAT FRICKIN' PART WHERE YOU HAD TO FLY ACROSS THAT RAVINE ON THAT DAMNED DANDELION.

Also Herculeus was extremely stressful!

Colonel Angus
07-14-2015, 12:21 AM
The Disney games on the NES are still the cream of the crop. Alladin & The Lion King were pretty great, too.

The Lego games are fun, the best probably being the Star Wars Saga.

Goonies (Japan only) & Goonies II on the Famicom/NES were underrated.

The various TMNT games were all great, whether it was the NES Ultra game or the various Arcade beat-em-ups.

The Simpsons Arcade game was good.

Ayen
07-14-2015, 12:39 AM
Add the SNES version of Aladdin to my trout list. That game doesn't hold a candle to the Genesis version.

Fox
07-14-2015, 12:57 AM
Obligatory Superman 64 mention so that we can all share the pain together.

Best one? Either Quackshot or GoldenEye

Ayen
07-14-2015, 01:04 AM
Obligatory Superman 64 mention so that we can all share the pain together.

Waterboarding is less painful than that trout.

Pike
07-14-2015, 01:57 AM
Yeah I think Goldeneye 007 was probably the best licensed game period. There were several others that were very good but I can't think of any that would top Goldeneye 007.

Del Murder
07-14-2015, 02:32 AM
Goldeneye was a pioneer. Also I liked the Disney 16 bit games like Aladdin and Lion King and some of the Mickey SNES games. The Magical Quest with Mickey Mouse was great. Recently, the Arkham series has done a phenomenal job with Batman.

Vyk
07-14-2015, 04:26 AM
Alien: Isolation

Knights of the Old Republic

Baldur's Gate

Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Oddly enough, not a lot of bad ones come to mind. I guess I can tell the good from the bad anymore. There's no reason to play an Ironman or Fantastic Four game

Honestly, outside of the Disney Genesis games (which were mostly pretty good), I generally stayed away from crap License games. I think I played a garbage Stargate game on Sega channel once, and that was about it

Bubba
07-14-2015, 05:47 PM
The Hunt for Red October on the SNES.

Yes, it was a thing. Yes, it was quite startlingly bad.

Wolf Kanno
07-14-2015, 06:18 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65304&stc=1

Ayen
07-14-2015, 06:29 PM
Was that game good or bad? Because with Capcom it can go either way.

Wolf Kanno
07-14-2015, 06:37 PM
Good, Capcom did solid games in NES days. They mostly got flak for whoring out Mega Man and Street Fighter back in the day, but their licensed games are all pretty top notch along with Konami.

FFNut
07-14-2015, 09:07 PM
The Jungle Book for SNES was good too

Ayen
07-14-2015, 09:12 PM
Oh, can't believe I forgot, but X-Men 2 Clone Wars for the Sega Genesis was REALLY good. Best X-Men game by far.

The second Ninja Turtle game for the NES and Spider-Man Maximum Carnage were also really good.

10,000 posts!

Vyk
07-14-2015, 09:16 PM
Old school Capcom did good deeds

Wolf Kanno
07-15-2015, 05:16 PM
I'll second the new Batman Arkhum games as well for being good. Also enjoy a lot of the Shonen fighting games like the Naruto Ultimate series on PS2 and of course... do you pose bro?

cgQ_c8ybYK4

Worst?

Spider-man Separation Anxiety.

TfHbOiE5bQ4

Actually scratch that. The X-Men game for NES and the Back to the Future games for the same system are probably some of the worst I've played. E.T. on Atari is also really bad but has so much history for sucking it's actually kind of amusing now.

Pumpkin
07-15-2015, 05:36 PM
Umm I like some Naruto and DragonBall Z games.

My son loves the LEGO games if those count. Especially Pirates of the Caribbean and Harry Potter

Ayen
07-15-2015, 07:43 PM
Worst?

Spider-man Separation Anxiety.

TfHbOiE5bQ4

Actually scratch that. The X-Men game for NES and the Back to the Future games for the same system are probably some of the worst I've played. E.T. on Atari is also really bad but has so much history for sucking it's actually kind of amusing now.

I think I played that. I recognize the symbiotes at least.

I second The Uncanny X-Men game being terrible. It was one of the first games I ever played, too. My brother kinda had a crappy NES library now that I think about it.

DMKA
07-15-2015, 11:48 PM
The Batman: Arkham games are easily the best licensed games I've ever played. They're fantastic.

Telltale's The Walking Dead games are pretty good.

Many of the Disney games from the SNES/Genesis Era, such as Aladdin, The Lion King, Mickey Mania, and Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow were great.

As a kid, I also loved Cool Spot, which was a game based on a 7-Up mascot of the time.

Oh and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time is great too.