PDA

View Full Version : Coleslaw

Iceglow
07-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Well this debate raged on Facebook for an hour or so. I figured why not bring it here.

Cobb, if I had just one curse that could be cast upon you... I would curse you so that everything you ate. No matter what, tasted like Coleslaw!

I am the SLAW mother fucker!

Shorty
07-13-2015, 08:44 PM
after the facebook coleslaw war waged steve sent me this very photo of coleslaw below saying "mmmmm coleslaw sarah you're so wrong"

http://www.northamericanbushcraftschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/grubs.jpg

Clearly all of the civilised people can agree that coleslaw should be banished from the earth.

noxious.sunshine
07-13-2015, 09:11 PM
I like coleslaw but it has to be made right.

There are a million different ways to make it! I've gotten the pre-shredded cabbage and carrot bagged mix and did my own dressing with a bit of mayo and an acid of some sort - lemon or lime or even red wine vinegar. And salt and pepper and whatever other seasonings. I've made one with a cajun seasoning and one with match stick apple slices and a tiny bit of blue cheese (I had a pulled pork sandwich at the hotel we stayed at that had that type of slaw on it and it was yuuuuummmm)!

Iceglow
07-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Thats not the image I sent... I don't own tablecloths... hell I don't own a table! (It's true, I really don't!) I'm not that classy.

Shorty
07-13-2015, 09:16 PM
Thats not the image I sent... I don't own tablecloths... hell I don't own a table! (It's true, I really don't!) I'm not that classy.

steve what are you talking about that is exactly the image you sent, that is what coleslaw looks like

Oh alright friend was just trying to save you some embarrassment, here is the actual photo you took and sent to me to try to put me in my place about coleslaw

Iceglow
07-13-2015, 09:29 PM
Haha my friend, embarrassment hasn't touched me in years. Do I really need to remind you?

Shauna
07-13-2015, 09:53 PM
I love a bit of coleslaw.

Pumpkin
07-13-2015, 10:10 PM
I like coleslaw

Mirage
07-13-2015, 10:16 PM
i've never tasted coleslaw

Iceglow
07-13-2015, 11:54 PM

You know not what you miss out on.

Shorty
07-13-2015, 11:59 PM

hint: the death of your tastebuds

Colonel Angus
07-14-2015, 12:15 AM
Coleslaw is the bee's knees fo' shizzle, my nerzzles.

It's a wonderful combination of bitter slaw & creamy goodness.

Iceglow
07-14-2015, 01:55 AM

hint: the death of your tastebuds

I used to be like you. A hater of the Slaw. Then the Slaw changed me. I found the taste of finer foods, foods what are superior. Plus slaw, despite the high mayonaise content is super fucking healthy!

escobert
07-14-2015, 03:46 AM

Colonel Angus
07-14-2015, 05:54 AM
That's what started this whole mess.

escobert
07-14-2015, 06:43 AM
It's the truth!

Bubba
07-14-2015, 04:18 PM
I like carrot. I like cabbage. I like mayo. Put them together and you have culinary abomination that resembles a mouldy pile of vomit and tastes even worse.

Who would have thought that bringing three nice ingredients together would result in such an atrocity?

It's like inviting Jesus, Ghandi and Mother Theresa to a BBQ then watching them all take a giant communal sh** on your lawn.

Formalhaut
07-14-2015, 05:07 PM
I actually used to dislike coleslaw but now I find it quite nice. Just something about it makes me want to go for a serving on the side. Bad coleslaw though is just ​really bad.

FFNut
07-14-2015, 07:47 PM
The Slaw shouldn't be consumed bye anybody. It's awful stuff and Berts right, trash is the inky place to have it.

theundeadhero
07-14-2015, 07:50 PM
You're a monster. I've never met a coleslaw I liked.

Freya
07-14-2015, 08:21 PM
I feel like you have all had troutty coleslaw if you don't like it. It's just cabbage, veggies, and whatever variation of dressing you prefer. And it's usually sweet.

escobert
07-14-2015, 11:17 PM
I feel like you have all had troutty coleslaw if you don't like it. It's just cabbage, veggies, and whatever variation of dressing you prefer. And it's usually sweet.

Doesn't matter if it's home made or store purchased, I don't like it. And I do like the ingredients, but together no.

Vyk
07-16-2015, 04:13 AM
Yeah, I've never had one I've liked either. Something about it reminds me of pasta salad. Which in itself is an abomination. Noodles shouldn't be cold. Maybe if I had warm coleslaw it wouldn't as bad. It just tastes sweet and nasty. Like something that shouldn't be sweet. Like sweet'n'sour chicken. Chicken should not taste like skittles. And neither should a salad

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-16-2015, 06:37 AM
Done well coleslaw is amazing. Done poorly it is nasty ass shit. Sadly, most only know how to do the latter.

Fynn
07-16-2015, 06:43 AM
It's okay, I guess

~*~Celes~*~
07-17-2015, 11:11 PM
I have always loved cole slaw!

MissH
07-20-2015, 04:42 PM
It looks like someone threw up.

Also, it sounds a lot like coldsore and I don't wanna be eating herpes.

Therefore, that in itself is a perfectly good reason to stay away from it.

Mr. Carnelian
07-20-2015, 11:52 PM
Coleslaw is usually very nice, I find. I like cabbage, I like mayonnaise, and I like it when they're put together.

Plus, if you don't like it, no-one's forcing you to eat it.

Not sure what all the fuss is about, really. :spin:

Colonel Angus
07-21-2015, 12:19 AM
Coleslaw is usually very nice, I find. I like cabbage, I like mayonnaise, and I like it when they're put together.

I know you're new, Mr. C., but we here @ Eyeson take our food VERY seriously.

Mr. Carnelian
07-21-2015, 12:38 AM

I know you're new, Mr. C., but we here @ Eyeson take our food VERY seriously.

I know. I was just being light-hearted and jovial. :spin:

In reality, I believe that everyone must be forced to eat coleslaw, under pain of death! I shall not rest until every man, woman and child in the land eats coleslaw with every meal! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :mwahaha:

theundeadhero
07-23-2015, 08:40 AM
C., if I had just one curse that could be cast upon you... I would curse you so that everything you ate. No matter what, tasted like Coleslaw!Yes they are :whimper:

Night Fury
07-23-2015, 08:59 AM
I hate coleslaw, but that probably is more to do with the fact I can't stomach mayo.