PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball/Final Fantasy connection- Ki=Holy element?

Lazerface
07-14-2015, 05:42 PM
This is related to both Dragon Ball and Final Fantasy. I remember making a topic on asking if Goku would win a fight against Kefka. To which many said that Kefka would win, because of status effecting magic and instant death magic. To which the rebuttal was the Dragon Ball universe (especially the Z fighters) doesn't use magic on the scale of the FFverse. But I've came up to a theory here. The Z fighters do use magic, but it's associated with the Holy element considering it comes from the Spirit, just like ki. Which makes me think that Ki and Holy are basically the same thing coming from the same place. To which I say the Z fighters use only one type of magic and that magic is Holy. To which Holy attributed enemies or allies don't have any elemental weakness except for Darkness. Remember how Sabin's Aura blast looked similar to a Kamehameha wave? Well the Aura blast is an elemental attack of Holy nature. So I did draw a conclusion from that. But I'd have to say that if anyone wanted to take down a Z fighter in one shot. All they have to use is Darkness, to which I associate Darkness with the Soul considering the Soul and Spirit are two different things. Soul is the essence of a living things while Spirit is the consciousness and personality of such things. Which explains attacks like the Dark Knights Soul eater. But the problem is that character better make first shot fast before the fighter using Ki hits them. Because you know Darkness and Holy cancel each out, they're both effective against each and they're both weak to each other. So what do you think of my small theory here?

Sephiroth
07-15-2015, 11:50 PM
There are different sorts of magic in Dragon Ball. It cannot be just compared to Holy. And the fact alone that Dragon Ball has reality warpers and magic users like Lord Whis or Gods of Destructions like Beerus who are very resilient against magic and can destroy planets with their fingertip (as seen in the new Anime Dragon Ball Super) make Kefka look like Ronald Mc Donald. Causality aside, Whis can turn back time for 3 minutes. Freeza destroyed Earth in Ressurrection F and Whis was just like "Goku, do you want another chance? Here, finish him off." There are only a few Final Fantasy characters who have a chance against Dragon Ball characters. By the way, Dragon Ball Ki/Chi consists of three different types of sub-Ki, one of them, the Genki, for example is used for the Genki Dama (Spirit Bomb). I might mention that Babidi, one of the most powerful magicians in the universe used mind control magic against Vegeta and Vegeta resisted with his pride alone so he could profit from being corrupted but not be mind controlled. So, there you go with magic in Dragon Ball. Surely Final Fantasy characters have more powerful magic, but Dragon Ball is also overkill and in the end you cannot really compare them anyway. Another example of how different and powerful those worlds are: X-Death needs magical powers of the void to use interdimensional force. Boo and Gotenks and rip dimensions apart by just shouting a Kiai. They are so different and very often Dragon Ball seems way more overpowered but Final Fantasy villains have those powers that make them real gods in what they are doing (well, Goku and Vegeta are also gods now and Beerus and Whis also are but I mean different kinds of of gods of a natural force in case of Final Fantasy).

Lazerface
07-16-2015, 03:40 PM
There are different sorts of magic in Dragon Ball. It cannot be just compared to Holy. And the fact alone that Dragon Ball has reality warpers and magic users like Lord Whis or Gods of Destructions like Beerus who are very resilient against magic and can destroy planets with their fingertip (as seen in the new Anime Dragon Ball Super) make Kefka look like Ronald Mc Donald. Causality aside, Whis can turn back time for 3 minutes. Freeza destroyed Earth in Ressurrection F and Whis was just like "Goku, do you want another chance? Here, finish him off." There are only a few Final Fantasy characters who have a chance against Dragon Ball characters. By the way, Dragon Ball Ki/Chi consists of three different types of sub-Ki, one of them, the Genki, for example is used for the Genki Dama (Spirit Bomb). I might mention that Babidi, one of the most powerful magicians in the universe used mind control magic against Vegeta and Vegeta resisted with his pride alone so he could profit from being corrupted but not be mind controlled. So, there you go with magic in Dragon Ball. Surely Final Fantasy characters have more powerful magic, but Dragon Ball is also overkill and in the end you cannot really compare them anyway. Another example of how different and powerful those worlds are: X-Death needs magical powers of the void to use interdimensional force. Boo and Gotenks and rip dimensions apart by just shouting a Kiai. They are so different and very often Dragon Ball seems way more overpowered but Final Fantasy villains have those powers that make them real gods in what they are doing (well, Goku and Vegeta are also gods now and Beerus and Whis also are but I mean different kinds of of gods of a natural force in case of Final Fantasy). I see. You have a good point there. But if I have to say, I think the magic in the DB universe is far more easier to use or at least to get access to than it is in the FFverse. While Buu was able to tear apart dimensions just by screaming, it was a simple fact he was already a magic based being to begin with. So fighting him would've the equivalent of fighting a final boss or partially god of magic. Though Whis can remind time, Ultimecia can compress and destroy it, along with all of existence itself. Whis may or may not be able to do this. And I think anyone can resist Mind control. It's really not that hard to break it if someone has the willpower and mind to resist it. Even Onion Knight could resist Babidi's mind control if he has that will. Yes, Ex-Death had to get control and use magic to manipulate the Void and use to turn any dimension into a death land but that alone may put him on par with Buu. They just have different means of accessing their powers. When you think about it. Both series intepretation of magic is overkill. But I have say with FF and things such as Gods that eat entire universes, instant death magic, star and galaxy busting magic, and magic that manipulates the very fabric of space time itself and uses it against you may just be a tad more overkill than DB. Though Whis and Beerus may have the potential to do such things too, but I have yet to see them create a black hole from nothingness and use it to destroy everything. If you had to rate any Final Fantasy villain's power level then Ultimecia and Ex-Death are definitely going to be at the top.

Sephiroth
07-16-2015, 06:11 PM
I see. You have a good point there. But if I have to say, I think the magic in the DB universe is far more easier to use or at least to get access to than it is in the FFverse. While Buu was able to tear apart dimensions just by screaming, it was a simple fact he was already a magic based being to begin with.

Boo is not a magic based being. The fact that he has been created through Bibidi's magic has been retconned already. Boo was just an evil force roaming the universe.

So fighting him would've the equivalent of fighting a final boss or partially god of magic. Though Whis can remind time, Ultimecia can compress and destroy it, along with all of existence itself.

Ultimecia cannot do any of this. The mere fact that she is stuck in a loop in which she can never succeed doing more than she was able to in her true form (that means a partial time compression) shows that her powers are very limited. Ultimecia is still bound to causality, even if just to an extent. Whis is not, he lives totally out of the realm bound to logic. Ultimecia's plan was to reunited Hyne's power in her own body to become the equivalent of the Sorcerer God and she failed and is bound to always fail.

Yes, Ex-Death had to get control and use magic to manipulate the Void and use to turn any dimension into a death land but that alone may put him on par with Buu.

But Boo does not do that with magic but mere force alone, expressed by a scream. That is what I am talking about. Dragon Ball does not need any character to get access to some special hidden power. And in the end they are also not actually comparable. When it comes to powerful wills, the only character with a really powerful will that was ever totally fleshed out is Sephiroth.

They just have different means of accessing their powers. When you think about it. Both series intepretation of magic is overkill. But I have say with FF and things such as Gods that eat entire universes, instant death magic, star and galaxy busting magic, and magic that manipulates the very fabric of space time itself and uses it against you may just be a tad more overkill than DB. Though Whis and Beerus may have the potential to do such things too, but I have yet to see them create a black hole from nothingness and use it to destroy everything. If you had to rate any Final Fantasy villain's power level then Ultimecia and Ex-Death are definitely going to be at the top.

Magic is not really interpreted that overkill in Dragon Ball. It just exists and either works or does not. Most of what they use is Chi and that is not the same. There is powerful magic but most of the greatest powers are not magic. X-Death never created a Black Hole (he could do something similiar, though - and that is not impressive for Dragon Ball because the characters can escape from the Event Horizon), he summons a force that imprisons someone in the "Void", something that does not actually erase your existence but is also itself another pseudo-dimension where nothing exists except what you have imprisoned in there. So X-Death imprisons someone somewhere where they can break out. Like Gotenks and Boo did. The only possibility for them to not stand a chance is if they are not immune to a possible time freeze that could be a continuous state in this void. And as said, Ultimecia is just as powerful as she has actually come far. Not very far. The Time Compression could not full work. They are some of the tops but not THE tops. As a matter of fact, the probably cannot even closely compare to an entity like Bhunivelze.

Lazerface
07-18-2015, 10:42 PM
I see. You have a good point there. But if I have to say, I think the magic in the DB universe is far more easier to use or at least to get access to than it is in the FFverse. While Buu was able to tear apart dimensions just by screaming, it was a simple fact he was already a magic based being to begin with.

Boo is not a magic based being. The fact that he has been created through Bibidi's magic has been retconned already. Boo was just an evil force roaming the universe.

So fighting him would've the equivalent of fighting a final boss or partially god of magic. Though Whis can remind time, Ultimecia can compress and destroy it, along with all of existence itself.

Ultimecia cannot do any of this. The mere fact that she is stuck in a loop in which she can never succeed doing more than she was able to in her true form (that means a partial time compression) shows that her powers are very limited. Ultimecia is still bound to causality, even if just to an extent. Whis is not, he lives totally out of the realm bound to logic. Ultimecia's plan was to reunited Hyne's power in her own body to become the equivalent of the Sorcerer God and she failed and is bound to always fail.

Yes, Ex-Death had to get control and use magic to manipulate the Void and use to turn any dimension into a death land but that alone may put him on par with Buu.

But Boo does not do that with magic but mere force alone, expressed by a scream. That is what I am talking about. Dragon Ball does not need any character to get access to some special hidden power. And in the end they are also not actually comparable. When it comes to powerful wills, the only character with a really powerful will that was ever totally fleshed out is Sephiroth.

They just have different means of accessing their powers. When you think about it. Both series intepretation of magic is overkill. But I have say with FF and things such as Gods that eat entire universes, instant death magic, star and galaxy busting magic, and magic that manipulates the very fabric of space time itself and uses it against you may just be a tad more overkill than DB. Though Whis and Beerus may have the potential to do such things too, but I have yet to see them create a black hole from nothingness and use it to destroy everything. If you had to rate any Final Fantasy villain's power level then Ultimecia and Ex-Death are definitely going to be at the top.

Magic is not really interpreted that overkill in Dragon Ball. It just exists and either works or does not. Most of what they use is Chi and that is not the same. There is powerful magic but most of the greatest powers are not magic. X-Death never created a Black Hole (he could do something similiar, though - and that is not impressive for Dragon Ball because the characters can escape from the Event Horizon), he summons a force that imprisons someone in the "Void", something that does not actually erase your existence but is also itself another pseudo-dimension where nothing exists except what you have imprisoned in there. So X-Death imprisons someone somewhere where they can break out. Like Gotenks and Boo did. The only possibility for them to not stand a chance is if they are not immune to a possible time freeze that could be a continuous state in this void. And as said, Ultimecia is just as powerful as she has actually come far. Not very far. The Time Compression could not full work. They are some of the tops but not THE tops. As a matter of fact, the probably cannot even closely compare to an entity like Bhunivelze.

Shoot you have a better point. I guess you're right. So would Bhunivelze ever stand a chance?