PDA

View Full Version : So... about the new Dissidia.

Wolf Kanno
07-14-2015, 06:25 PM
Though we don't know much besides the new developer, it's team based, summons are reworked, and Ramza is a confirmed new character besides the one from XIV; what are you hoping to see? What do you hope was changed?

Formalhaut
07-14-2015, 06:35 PM
There's a new Dissidia? Crikey, I'm behind the times. Apparently it is set to be much different from previous installments.

Wolf Kanno
07-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Well it is being developed by a different team since it actually is an arcade game.

Here's a trailer showcasing the first batch of characters.
cZ86C89O9xw

Ayen
07-14-2015, 07:10 PM
It's being worked on by Team Ninja. Shows promise. I like the team dynamic and want to form a team of Aerith, Vivi, and Irvine, but I get the feeling the latter two won't be in the game. Don't ask me why I went to those three, they've been a part of my fantasy party for some time now. Terra's gonna be my go-to gal unless Yuna shows up. Then she'll be my second go-to gal.

Gameplay doesn't look too different from the first two games. An improvement upon them, more than anything.

Mirage
07-15-2015, 04:54 AM
i'm just glad it's finally not just a portable game, so i might actually seriously try to play it

Fynn
07-15-2015, 05:10 AM
i'm just glad it's finally not just a portable game, so i might actually seriously try to play it

:stare:

Pumpkin
07-15-2015, 05:25 AM
I didn't really like the Dissidia games even though I wanted to. So I dunno I want this one to be one I like xD

VeloZer0
07-15-2015, 06:16 AM
Not to syched about the multiple opponents deal. I liked the polar based navigation mode of being locked on, I'm not a fan of the free 3D motion at all.

Super stoked about having Ramza.

Wolf Kanno
07-15-2015, 06:29 AM
I'm really hoping FFII, III, VI, and IX get a new representative along with the old ones. I'm still kind of pissed off that Duodecim neglected them. Hell I still don't think Gilgamesh should count for FFV either since he's in everything now.

Happy that Cornelia and Midgard are new arenas to fight in. I'm hoping Narshe gets chosen for FFVI and Balamb gets chosen for FFVIII.

Kind of liking what I'm seeing with character changes. Terra gets a few quick new moves to keep opponents off her and Holy Combo seems to have a slower start-up time but seems to pack more of a punch. I really hope they get rid of that annoying dash deflects magic rule. Cloud seems to have finally been nerfed a bit since he seems significantly slower than his PSP counterpart but I'm sure he does way more damage now. I'm not sure how I feel about Warrior of Light getting a useful projectile. He was pretty BS as a mid-range fighter as it was. Really hope they release the video showing Squall and Bartz in action. I find it funny their battle arena from the screenshots was the highway in Cocoon used in the concept trailer for FFXIII.

black orb
08-08-2015, 05:13 AM
>>> Good luck on traveling to japan to play this game.:D

Mirage
08-08-2015, 05:44 AM
Why would I do that?

Fynn
08-08-2015, 05:46 AM
It's an arcade game, Mirage.

Mirage
08-08-2015, 05:49 AM
Yeah it is. So is Tekken 7.

Fynn
08-08-2015, 05:54 AM
What I mean to say is, unless it gets ported to the PS4 (which would probably help it get released in the West), I seriously doubt play-asia would let you import an arcade machine :p

NeoCracker
08-08-2015, 07:12 AM
What I mean to say is, unless it gets ported to the PS4 (which would probably help it get released in the West), I seriously doubt play-asia would let you import an arcade machine :p

Its Final fantasy. I'm sure it's getting a Console release. :p

Mirage
08-08-2015, 06:32 PM

I don't see a PS4 port unlikely at all, so I'm not too worried. After all, it's basically the only way for SE to make this game earn them money from the europe and american regions, and these regions are pretty big.