PDA

View Full Version : Most difficult boss from each FF.

Wolf Kanno
07-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Who is in your opinion, the toughest boss from each FF game. No Superbosses who are intentionally designed to be badass. Now go!

Karifean
07-14-2015, 07:14 PM
IV - Zeromus
V - Exdeath (First Fight)
VI - Air Force
VII - Carry Armor
VIII - Oilboyles
IX - Kuja (Terra)
X - Seymour Flux Edit: What the hell was I thinking? BFA of course.
X-2 - Magus Sisters
XII - Elder Wyrm
XIII - Barthandelus (First Fight)

Galuf
07-14-2015, 07:30 PM
1: astos i guess.
2: ill just say the medusa thing which looks like hilda.
3: salamander so far
4: bahamut i guess.
5: the 4 crystals
6: magi master
7: hojo disc 2
8: ultimecia form 4
9: marilith
10: yunalesca
12: elder wyrm
13: barthandelus MKII
13-2: caius form 3
Lr13: Noel.
Type-0: golem since he can be defeated when you first fight him.

Vermachtnis
07-14-2015, 08:17 PM
I: Evil Eye
II: Tiamat
III: Scylla
IV: Wall
V: Gargoyles
VI: Atma
VII: Materia Keeper
VIII: NORG
IX: Gizmaluke
X: Defender X
XII: Rafflesia
XIII: Odin

Anzai
07-15-2015, 02:47 AM
Times like this I wish I had a better memory, or more replays...

III: Cloud of Darkness
VIII: Ultimecia form 4
XI: Kuja, but I forget which fight.
X: Yunalesca of Zombification
XII: Rafflessa, and her Merry Malboros.

Galuf
07-15-2015, 02:41 PM
This is just a curiosity question. But what do people find hard about masterNORG. Because i thought he was pretty easy. Even when i was a mega noob who didnt understand junctioning and spammed GFs.

Randy
07-16-2015, 01:05 PM
Oh man, I can't remember with the oldest entries. Haven't played most for ages

6- Atma Weapon
7- Lost Number
8- Ultimecia
9- Necron
10-One of the Seymours (can't remember names)
12- Rafflesia
13- The concept of perseverance

This is just a curiosity question. But what do people find hard about masterNORG. Because i thought he was pretty easy. Even when i was a mega noob who didnt understand junctioning and spammed GFs.

I don't remember having trouble with any FF8 bosses as I think I just accidentally figured how to get overpowered in that game in my first playthrough. Was it something to do with Norg having a few different targets you had to kill off?

Shiva95
07-16-2015, 04:49 PM
IV - Zeromus
VI - Atma Weapon
VII - Lost Number
VII CC - Sephiroth
IX - Necron
X - Seymour Flux
X-2 - Magus Sisters
XIII - The first fight with Barthandelus
XIII-2 - Yomi
XIII: LR - Noel or Bhunivelze

Forsaken Lover
07-17-2015, 06:54 AM
Ahh! The spoilers, they burn! Boss fight with Noel, what?

I guess it's not a huge deal...I already know you fight Snow too in LR...still.... I was wondering where Noel would be after XIII-2. I guess I have a vague idea now. Lightning is just awful, fighting all the good characters.

Anyway....

FFIV: Zeromus

FFVIII: None

FFX: Seymour Flux

FFX: Elder Wyrm

FFXIII: Barthandalus 1 or Sazh's Eidolon. You have no idea how many times I lost to that thing. I'd say conservatively...., well, seeing as I spent over an hour trying to beat it and each fight lasts only a couple minutes or whatever because of Doom, 30 or more.

Wolf Kanno
07-20-2015, 09:21 AM
FFI: Evil Eye - The Ice Cavern is already infamous for being that one dungeon thanks to all the damn Mindflayer enemies but ending it with a boss who will spam instant death magic long before you have any defense against it was just cruel.

FFII: Adamantoise - Not necessarily a difficult fight in the traditional sense, he's just the first boss in the game who will no-sell melee and makes you remember you need to actually use magic. If you prep for him, he's actually pretty easy but I find most modern players stumble with him because most people don't rely on offensive magic very much.

FFIII: Garuda - No questions asked, he's an asshole who can murder you even with the right setup if the turn order comes out wrong too many times.

FFIV: CPU is pretty BS for even a seasoned party. In the DS remake the battle with Golbez and Lugae are easily the two nastiest fights in the game.

FFV: Atamos is tricky but The Crystals are probably the harder boss since they play the annoying "we're all weak to one element and we absorb another element, so smurf you with group attacking spells why we spam them on you" strategy.

FFVI: Ultima Weapon is definitely a kick to the teeth for an unprepared party in one of the game's more frustrating difficulty spikes. He's a cake walk to me now but I remember getting annoyed with him in my early playthroughs since he's pulling out things like Quake and Flare Star. The Storm Dragon doesn't necessarily count since he's optional, but I do consider him to be so obnoxious to deal with that he tended to be the lone exception of the "No Vanish/Doom" rule and I usually saved him for last.

FFVII: Carry Armor - Only non-optional boss who killed me in this game. Not because he hits hard, he just has a cheesy way to win the fight since he can temporarily remove two party members and then just needs to kill the last member.

FFVIII: Ultimecia's Castle Boss Gauntlet - If you just haphazardly wander the castle and stumble on the bosses and don't necessarily unlock the right abilities in the right order of bosses, many of them can be a serious pain in the ass. I still remember a battle with Red Armor (one of the few bosses in the game with high enough defense to resist the "mash X to win" strategy) with no access to magic of GFs and that battle took forever...

FFIX: Gizalmuke - Pretty nasty boss that early in the game.

FFX: Yunalesca, but only because of the cheap "kill everyone who isn't afflicted with Zombie" spell

FFXII: Elder Wyrm due to all the damn status effects making the fight annoying.

FFXIII: Probably the first battle with Barthandalus due to him using Doom to get a cheap Game over if the battle drags on too long. He became significantly easier when I farmed enough cash to raise my active party's weapons because I had neglected this feature since it was introduced.

Electroshock Therapy
07-27-2015, 04:00 AM
I - Probably Tiamat. After the easy bosses so far, that one was a kick to the face.
II - Astaroth. I almost died on my last playthrough because of him!
III - Garuda. We all know why.
IV - I have bad memories of this game. To me, I kinda hated all the game bosses for being too annoying.
V - I guess X-Death. No one else really compared to that horrendous fight where he can get you STONED!
X - Final Aeon. Yowza! What a jerk!

NeoCracker
07-27-2015, 02:10 PM
IV - Non DS Version? The Evil Wall. Fuck that thing. DS Version? I don't remember, but damn they were all harder.
V - I remember Atmos Kicking my ass for some reason.
VI - That damn Air ship thing that attacks you when you first go to Floating Continent always gave me a hard time in my youth, closely followed by the first Ultros fight when I slacked and found too low a level Banon can possibly be one shot by him.

VII - Throw me in with Carry Armor here.

IX - The Wrong party selection can leave Ark pretty damn annoying to take down, especially if you want to steal all the shit off him and get unlucky.

X - That one fight on top of the airship when you are trying to get Yuna back. And this was only because I got so use to just spamming Eidolons on the boss's I literally forgot hat I could do with half my party members. XD

XIII - Snows Eidolon fight was fucking lame.

Tactics - the Weigraf Fight when he turns into the monster immediately after always ruined me.

blackmage_nuke
07-27-2015, 02:33 PM
from my first playthroughs when i was young and inexperienced:

6: Poltergeist because I couldnt vanish doom him
7: That one that teaches you Trine because I sat there getting whacked trying to learn Trine and even when i did sometimes I wouldn't win and have to fight him again.
8: Edea at the end of the second disk because I grinded my levels up high and sucked at junctioning and had been getting through the game by summoning GF's.
9: Necron and his bulltrout instadeath moves
10: Yunalesca, or maybe thats just ingrained in my memory because of the long unskippable cutscene before the fight.

Zanmato
07-27-2015, 05:30 PM
FFX - Yunalesca was pretty tough, being a multi-form boss and stuff...
This fight was literally a nightmare to me, I'll never forget it...

Also Sin with his cheap "Game Over" Overdrive was a pain in the butt...