PDA

View Full Version : The Redemption of Cain

Ayen
07-15-2015, 07:29 PM
Directed and produced by Will Smith. That feels random. He's also working on a second Hancock, too, from what I found online.

IMDb Page (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1692497/?ref_=tt_rec_tt)

It's still in development so there's next to no information on it yet, but I stumbled upon this while looking over the Suicide Squad's page and found it interesting. Apparently, the only thing Will Smith ever directed was an episode of "All of Us" so I can't really say much about his directing. I just hope he doesn't cast his son in the movie because he's his son.

I get the feeling they'll find some way to draw this out and turn it into an action movie like the last two biblical movies were. I don't understand where the fascination with adapting bible stories and turning them into action flicks suddenly came from, but eeh. Bonus points if it irritates fanatics. Judging by the name I'm guessing they're going to paint Cain in a positive light some time after killing his brother, and I know THAT will piss a lot of people off. Even though we don't know what happened to Cain after he was banished except he laid with a random woman that came out of nowhere.

Discuss.

Fynn
07-15-2015, 07:51 PM
You can tell I'm too into games when my first thought is that this is about a Legacy of Cain movie.

And I am Catholic.

Mr. Carnelian
07-15-2015, 08:43 PM
Samuel Taylor Coleridge started a work entitled 'The Wanderings of Cain', set some years after his murder of Abel.

Cain and his son, Enos, are wandering the wilderness. Abel's ghost (or rather, Satan masquerading as Abel's ghost) comes to Cain and tells him that he is suffering horribly in the afterlife, and that to atone for his murder Cain and Enos must follow him across the desert.

That's as far as he got in actually writing it. But, in his notes he says that he intended the apparition of Abel to persuade Cain to offer the blood of his son Enos in sacrifice. An angel then swoops in at the last moment to stop him. So, it seems that Coleridge intended the story to be a reworking of the tale of Abraham and Issac.

Just thought that you might all find that interesting. I have to find SOME use for my English Literature degree, after all. :p

Colonel Angus
07-16-2015, 03:03 AM
The movie is probably about Michael Cain(e).

FFNut
07-16-2015, 05:50 AM
Will he through Jazzy Jeff a few pity $ and cast him to play something? The guy needs a few dollars Wil.

Bubba
07-16-2015, 10:47 AM
I'm guessing they're going to paint Cain in a positive light some time after killing his brother

Spoiler alert!! :eek:

sharkythesharkdogg
07-16-2015, 04:37 PM
As long as they don't try to redeem Citizen Kane. He's dead, the sled is burned. It's done.