PDA

View Full Version : Where would you work?

Ayen
07-17-2015, 06:19 AM
If you lived in the FFVIII world what kind of career would you have? Would you be a student in one of the three Gardens, a member of the Galbadia military, or a simple fisherman in Fisherman's Horizon?

I think I would be a writer for Timber Maniacs given my profession in real life, though I don't know what I would write about since FFVIII have no video games in its world. Wait, I got it. I could review the weapons! OMG the jokes practically write themselves.

I also don't know how I would be able to live there. All those trains coming and going at all hours of the day and night. I assume people must adapt to the background noise but goddamn, that'd be a lot of sleepless nights at first.

Discuss.

FFNut
07-17-2015, 06:36 AM
I'd be a fisherman in Fishermans Horizon. Nothing beats taking it easy on the water drinking beer (they have beer right?) and catching fish.

Pumpkin
07-17-2015, 07:00 AM
Housewife in Balamb. So beautiful, so peaceful, the ocean right there. Maybe do parttime desk work at the inn or something. That would be the life

Anzai
07-17-2015, 07:01 AM
Garden Student, and eventually SeeD sounds ideal for me. I've always been a battle maniac to varying degrees in every dose of fantasy I get my hands on, that situation has practically written itself if I existed in FFVIII. With what I can remember about the game it'd likely be Balamb Garden. Sure I'll probably get mutilated on a daily basis but that is what Cure and Life spells are for.... The real question here is how to beat Squall and company to a Guardian Force so I can be a successful Garden Student/SeeD.

Fynn
07-17-2015, 07:40 AM
Id probably be writing for Timber Maniacs too.

Oh wait, I kinda already do that XD

Night Fury
07-17-2015, 08:05 AM
Deadly fighter by day, Galbadian hotel singer by night. On weekends I'm a card pro.

Ayen
07-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Id probably be writing for Timber Maniacs too.

Oh wait, I kinda already do that XD

You just stay on your side of the room and no reading over my shoulder!

Bubba
07-17-2015, 11:59 AM
I would be a retired, horny old man in Balamb. I would go round and bang Zell's Mom in his room while he was away.

McLovin'
07-24-2015, 02:16 AM
Probably a scientist at Esthar. Then I'd use my knowledge to go into industry. My real life is spilling over into fictional video game worlds now :(

Colonel Angus
07-24-2015, 05:51 AM
I'd make my fortune hustling people @ cards.

Shorty
07-24-2015, 03:25 PM
Presidential Coordinator in Deling city. :jess:

fire_of_avalon
07-25-2015, 03:09 AM
I would probably work in a doctor's office in Timber frequented by Zone and I would relentlessly judge his fake abdominal pain.

Sephiroth
07-25-2015, 09:54 AM
I'd be the guy in Timber who gets upset about random teenagers coming in his house and searching for stuff. Then I would ask them if they want something to drink and give them ordinary water.

fat_moogle
07-26-2015, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't work, I'd be a fat lazy Moomba chilling out in the Shumi Village.

Psychotic
07-27-2015, 11:47 AM
I'd trick people into buying time shares at the Island Closest to Heaven. "Because how can anything so close to Heaven be bad?"

Loony BoB
07-29-2015, 12:11 PM
In my head, I think I'd like to be in Balamb. But really, I'd grow tired of the small town life. So more realistically I'd live in Esthar.

Rocket Edge
07-31-2015, 03:02 PM
Nice thread.

I'd hate to live in Esthar because I'm a village person at heart. I don't think I'd ever get sick of the Balamb music, so probably there. Dinner dates over in Zells on weekends. Ma Dincht filling the whole neighbourhood with a strange aroma. :greenie:

blackmage_nuke
07-31-2015, 08:07 PM
If it was up to me?

Maintenance for the Sorceress Prison in SPAAAAAAAAACE

Until I got bored of it anyway.

Rin Heartilly
08-22-2015, 09:27 AM
Hmmmm I think I'd definitely try to become SeeD, living in Balamb garden. It's not totally different to work I've done in real life (except way less badass though), I'd probably be in intelligence rather than pew pewing on the battlefield though xD Then I'd make a large sum of money from my saved up SeeD salary and retire at a young age, I'd live in Esthar for a while or Timber and do some part time writing work, settling down in Winhill when I get old :)

Bri
09-07-2015, 02:10 AM
I'd put up a BBQ stand in town. Pretty sure i will make some good money out of it.