PDA

View Full Version : Underworld Series

Ayen
07-17-2015, 08:52 AM
Kate Beckinsale can suck me dry any day Underworld! Any fans of this movie? Haters? Indifferenters?

I remember watching this movie back around when it first came out. I can't remember if we saw it in theaters or on video. I think we saw it on video. I liked it a lot. The second one was okay, but not as good as the first one. After that the quality just dropped more and more. Rise of the Lycans were trout, and a missed opportunity because after the lore already established in the previous movies, there was so much more they could have done with it. And if that wasn't bad enough, Underworld Awakening comes in and is even more blah. Blah, I tell you! Blah! I get the feeling that movie never would have been made if they didn't have 3D to exploit.

Discuss.

Vyk
07-17-2015, 09:59 PM
Yeah, it seemed like a good video game movie. Where its not like ... excellent. But its more than passable. And then they dropped the ball. Over and over again. I'm not sure what happened with that series. I suppose they probably felt like it was popular and they had to do more with it. But they obviously didn't know what to do with it, so they ad-libbed. And failed. So I guess it just needed some better writers. But that situation is usually the producer's fault. Didn't want anyone touching their baby, but wasn't competent enough to do anything good with it either (Probably called George Lucas syndrome, but I bet an argument could be made for Michael Bay or something as well). The only weird thing is, I don't know who the producer is, nor have any heard any stories of producer interference in the series. So who knows. It probably could have been good though

That being said, considering it seems like a good video game movie, I'm surprised a company hasn't picked it up to make a game of recently. Though I'm sure there was probably some PSOne garbage game back then. But these days something interesting could likely be made of that mythos. Something akin to a gothic futuristic Assassin's Creed or something

Ayen
07-17-2015, 10:09 PM
I'm sure there was probably some PSOne garbage game back then.

PS2 garbage to be exact.

ZToP8H4tspU