PDA

View Full Version : Lunar Silver Star Story

Ayen
07-17-2015, 09:30 AM
My brother had a demo of this growing up that I used to play all the time, but like Xenogears I never got around to playing the full game. Back then the reason was... my brother didn't have a copy, then I became distracted by other games and forgot about it. Is it worth it? Is it terrible? Is this the part where you stab me for only playing the demo?

Discuss.

Raistlin
07-17-2015, 01:01 PM
I love Lunar: SSSC (I never played the original Sega Saturn version, only the PS1 remake). Gameplay-wise it's nothing special, with your standard JRPG elements straight from the SNES-era. But it has such great characters (with amazing voice acting for the time), an engaging-if-cliche-story with great writing, and some of the best humor and localization of any RPG I've ever played. It's a cute, fun game that isn't all that long, so definitely worth a play.

Wolf Kanno
07-17-2015, 06:15 PM
Raistlin pretty much hit all the best talking points. The gameplay won't wow you because it's a really old school style game and the plot is largely predictable but it has some of the strongest characters in the genre and great humor that makes playing through it really fun.

theundeadhero
07-19-2015, 05:59 PM
If you're going to try it find a copy of the Sega Saturn Rom instead of the PS version. It's a bit darker, but I found it to be the more enjoyable version.

Ayen
07-19-2015, 06:02 PM
If you're going to try it find a copy of the Sega Saturn Rom instead of the PS version. It's a bit darker, but I found it to be the more enjoyable version.

Don't have a Sega Saturn.

theundeadhero
07-19-2015, 06:11 PM
"Rom"

Ayen
07-19-2015, 06:43 PM
Don't have a Sega Saturn emulator, either :p

But I'm pretty much sold on this game now.

NeoCracker
07-20-2015, 12:57 AM
I love it far less now then I use too. This game can get unbelievable cheesy at times.

Still enjoy it. :p

Randy
07-20-2015, 01:02 AM
I'm currently playing the PSP version actually. Great so far, especially the battle system.

I have 1 really annoying issue though. The bg music stops everytime you change screens :-| It's incredibly jarring.

escobert
07-22-2015, 05:59 AM
I had it on PS1. It was fun. The Anime cur scenes were cool. I hated the boss leveling system.