PDA

View Full Version : All You Can Eat Buffet Guides and Strategies

blackmage_nuke
07-17-2015, 10:57 AM
Whats your general approach to an all you can eat buffet? Do you pile on the favourites? Or do you take a little bit of everything?

I've just been to one and I tried to have a bit of everything but I unwittingly filled myself up too fast by taking extra portions of things that I liked and didnt realise there was a whole bbq section I hadnt seen.

Next time I will do a round without taking anything first to survey every choice though generally I work my way through in the following order:

1) Food I've never had before
2) Food that is/looks expensive
3) Food I like

And as a second topic whats the best item you've ever had at a buffet?

Ayen
07-17-2015, 11:07 AM
I never been to an All You Can Eat Buffet, but I can guess what my plan would be. I'm a picky eater, so I'd grab everything that was familiar and eat that until I was too full to eat another bite.

noxious.sunshine
07-17-2015, 02:24 PM
Ughhhh. I am not a fan of buffets. lol My ex used to drag me to Golden Corral and this Chinese place. I always hated it.

Bubba
07-17-2015, 03:02 PM
I do like a good Chinese buffet. I normally start with three plates of crispy duck pancakes with hoisin sauce, spring onion and cucumber. Then I have two plates of a different main course. Then attempt to eat some ice cream then go and home and be sick.

Good times.

Pumpkin
07-17-2015, 03:47 PM
This is me at buffet:
Round 1: Stuff I like, usually large amounts of mashed potatoes and a few other things. Also a half of a cup of soup.
Round 2: Maybe one or two more things.
Round 3: Dessert.

I actually love buffets but most are so expensive, it's a shame

Pheesh
07-17-2015, 04:40 PM
I don't really like buffets but I did go to one in Las Vegas that was pretty awesome. I usually just scope out all the meats first to make sure I end up with everything that I want. I'm not too fussed if I'm too stuffed to eat various sides, but if I miss out on something from the carvery because I'm too full I feel like I shortchanged myself. After I can't possibly eat anymore I'll top it off with a slice of cheesecake if they have it, because I'm a disgusting human.

Shauna
07-17-2015, 05:39 PM
I feel bad whenever we go to buffets because I just don't eat that much food in one sitting, so I have like two plates and then I'm done and it's like "Well, this was not worth £8!" :(

Night Fury
07-17-2015, 08:15 PM
I'm the same as Shauna, I'm not very good at buffets and I'm not really too into them. I'd rather just pay for a portion of what I want, or a nice 3 course meal. A lot of the buffets I've been too have been a bit crappy though, there's an asian one in Newcastle, but the quality really isn't worth the price, there's an amazing little chinese restaurant in china town that has brilliant quality food for a lot less. I dunno, I've just never had a great one really and I'm not good at eating a tonne all at once.

FFNut
07-17-2015, 09:51 PM
I usually will grab a plate and a bowl of soup. I never eat much so I end up giving them money for just one plate.

~*~Celes~*~
07-17-2015, 11:13 PM
I usually grab a little bit of everything that I like and then a dessert plate. I'm not a huge eater.

theundeadhero
07-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Grab a little bit of everything that looks good. Then, go back and pile on the favorites. Every time I go to a chinese buffet I eat some cheese sticks and a piece of pizza because of tradition.

Pike
07-19-2015, 06:53 PM
I love Chinese buffets they are the actual best. I grab a little bit of everything that looks good.

Formalhaut
07-19-2015, 09:20 PM
I probably would enjoy them, but I don't go that often, and they can vary wildly in quality.

Mr. Carnelian
07-22-2015, 10:58 AM
I don't often do buffets. But, if it's a good one, my strategy is just to pile as much food onto one plate as possible. Then go up again. And again. And again. Until I can't eat any more.

Then, I'll have a bowl or two of dessert, using my dessert stomach. :spin:

fire_of_avalon
07-23-2015, 04:41 AM
Step 1: Don't eat all day. Or for a few days. Drink lots of water to prepare.
Step 2: Enter the buffet quietly and control the rumblings of your belly. You don't want to tip off the staff that you are here to gorge like a redneck at the Mountain Dew and Flaming Hot Cheetos factory.
Step 3: Get a normal sized plate.
Step 4: Get heaping portions of things you haven't had in a while. Spill sauces off the plate. Mix foods together. Layer them on top of each other. Add bread to the tippy top.
Step 5: Oh shit, we forgot to get a table and order drinks first.
Step 6: There are no tables.
Step 7: Proceed to the bathroom. You're going to end up here anyway.
Step 8: Carefully rest your plate on your lap. Spill more sauces everywhere. Have fleeting thoughts of licking the delicious sauce off the floor, to get your money's worth, but remember E.Coli is a thing. Refrain... for now.
Step 9: GORGE.
Step 10: Use facilities if necessary. Drink water from the taps if you start to choke.
Step 11: Repeat until you start to hallucinate or the buffet staff asks you to leave because "you're making a scene."
Step 12: Dessert for the road! usually terrible soft serve ice cream full of ice crystals in a stale cone, with the ice cream taper like 12 inches tall and wobbly because fuck you can't roll your wrist right to get the softserve to form a nice little spiral and you dropped some on the floor even!
Step 13: Transfer remaining ice cream to tiny bowl. Steal bowl.

Bri
07-26-2015, 02:30 AM
I usually pile up my plate. Then return with a new plate and pile that one up as well. I eat what I can, have a cup of tea the go back for desserts ;)