PDA

View Full Version : Children Educational Programs

Ayen
07-17-2015, 12:03 PM
Which educational programs did you watch growing up? Which educational programs would you have your children watch? Which ones are you having your children watch (since I know there are quite few parents on here)? Sesame Street? Barney? Blue Clues? We are going to play Blue Clues! We are going to play Blue Clues! We are going to play Blue Clues because it's a really fun game (is hated now).

I grew up on Barney the Dinosaur. I even played the video game! No, really, there's a video game. I watched some Sesame Street here and there, but my main squeeze was Barney. I can still hear the theme music even now. It. Won't. Leave. My. Head!

I also watched Arthur, that show with the two Zoo Keepers, Mr. Rogers, The Magic School Bus, and that Carmen Sandiego game show. Oh, and Wishbone. Made me fall in love with dogs.

Discuss.

blackmage_nuke
07-17-2015, 12:30 PM
Cyberchase came out a bit after my time but I think I would have found it an enriching experience if I saw it at a younger age.

Shauna
07-17-2015, 12:58 PM
There was an excellent kid's TV show called Come Outside. It featured a wee old lady called Auntie Mabel who hopped in her polka dot plane with her dog Pippin and went to different factories and stuff and showed off how things are made. It was pretty excellent, mostly because of Pippin. Dogs make everything better.

Anyway, the long story short is, my friends and I all loved this as children, so we made a drinking game out of it so we could enjoy it as adults. Getting drunk AND getting learned. We live the high life.

~*~Celes~*~
07-18-2015, 04:40 AM
Lambchop, Barney, mister Rogers, bill nye, reading rainbow, where in the world is Carmen sandiego, wishbone...PBS, basically :)

Pumpkin
07-18-2015, 04:41 AM
A few of them. Polka Dot Shorts and Blue's Clues were big ones. I especially remember Blues Clues because I was like 5 and had to babysit two kids despite being, you know, 5. It wasn't a good time in my life. (For an incredibly depressing read, click here (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/162386-Addiction-The-Other-Side?p=3532973&viewfull=1#post3532973)!) It's how I learned left from right and to this day I still need to make the little L with my hand to be sure

Oh and Art Attack I think it was called. That show was awesome

Colonel Angus
07-18-2015, 05:19 AM
Sesame Street
Electric Company
Mr. Rogers
Reading Rainbow

Ayen
07-18-2015, 07:14 AM
Bill Nye and Reading Rainbow. How could I forget those?

I am a disgrace.