PDA

View Full Version : NO, WHY MUST YOU BE OVER?!

Pumpkin
07-17-2015, 04:03 PM
I usually check the lengths of games before I play them just so I know about how long I'll be investing. Well, right now I'm playing two rather short (by RPG standard) games and it makes me very sad because I love them. So I'm happy to play but also sad because I know that soon, the end draws near ;__;

See also this thread (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/163700-Okay-you-can-finish-now-game?p=3554898#post3554898) for games that didn't end soon enough

So what are some games that you loved and were super sad to have end?

Ayen
07-17-2015, 04:25 PM
Final Fantasy X and Metal Gear Solid. Doesn't help that one game ends on a sad note, and the other plays sad sounding music. The feels!

Fynn
07-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Child of Light. I got the impression that there was supposed to be one more dungeon, but instead the game just transported me to the final battle.

Skyblade
07-17-2015, 05:10 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

This felt like there was so much more planned for the main plot, but it got rushed through and left to a single exposition dump right before the end. Butchered the story of the game.

Pokemon Conquest

There is so much to do in this game. But, due to the way the game is structured, you'll finish long before you complete even most of it.

Karifean
07-17-2015, 05:43 PM
NO, WHY MUST YOU BE OVER?!

I've had that reaction many times when faced with sad and depressing endings. But I don't believe that's what's being asked about here so I'll just exclude them.

First and foremost, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. Seriously. That "ending" was unacceptable. I honestly thought at first that I just missed something necessary to continue or my game glitched up. But nope, that was actually the end. What the hell.

Secondly, Rewrite. The final story arc is hype, gets even more hype, gets even MORE hy-- and then it's over. It built up way too much suspense for how quickly it's all resolved and dealt with in the end.

Then there's The Simpsons Game which I actually enjoyed a lot while it lasted, but then the final level and ending both just happen way too quickly. I had really expected more.

Honorable mention goes to Final Fantasy XII for having one of the shortest and most anticlimactic final dungeons I've ever seen.

Wolf Kanno
07-17-2015, 06:36 PM
Persona 3 is probably the only one in recent memory to do this. Also Civilization II did this with the whole "win the game by certain date element". In both cases I just had so much left to do.

Vermachtnis
07-17-2015, 09:16 PM
Gravity Rush, it feels like things were just getting started when it ended.

Child of Light. I got the impression that there was supposed to be one more dungeon, but instead the game just transported me to the final battle.

I just want to play more of the game.

Pete for President
07-18-2015, 02:27 AM

Agreed!

Electroshock Therapy
07-18-2015, 03:52 AM
I still think Mega Man Legends is a really weird game, time-wise. On the one hand it's so short you can beat in about 5-7 hours normally and about two hours speeding through it. On the other hand, it feels like a much larger game than what it is.

The sequel is longer, but not by too much.

Forsaken Lover
07-18-2015, 04:06 AM
I distinctly remember feeling this way when I first beat Final Fantasy IX many, many years ago. The ending was absolutely perfect but I just loved the game so much I wanted it to keep going.