PDA

View Full Version : Crash Bandicoot!

Ayen
07-18-2015, 07:46 AM
Crash Bandicoot is awesome. I own the original trilogy on the PlayStation and played up to Crash Bash. It was also one of the very first reviews (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/162510-ToriJ-s-Video-Game-Reviews-%28Reviewing-games-new-and-old-since-2011%29?p=3530721&viewfull=1#post3530721) I ever did. Once it stopped being exclusive to PlayStation I lost interest.

My favorite in the series of Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. Lots of fond memories playing that game. The original Crash closely follows it and Warped after that. I haven't played any of the newer Crash games and I don't have much interest to.

Talk about Crash Bandicoot here!

Karifean
07-18-2015, 12:06 PM
Agreed, agreed, agreed. I played the original trilogy, Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity. The latter two are still enjoyable games, just not nearly on the level of Crash 2 and 3. Crash 2 is my favorite platformer of all time, it's just so much fun to play. Crash 3 adds a lot of new and cool stuff to the mix which is awesome but at times the challenges became a drag.

Those two were some of the earliest games I've ever played and I have very strong nostalgic feelings for them. :love:

Ayen
07-18-2015, 03:07 PM
I plan to replay Crash 2 next month along with a bunch of other childhood favorites. It's been too long since I played a Crash game. Four years to be exact.

I think Cortex Strikes Back had the best Cortex's voice of all of them. He was just so cool and sly in that voice. First one sounded too goofy, and the third sounded like a bitch.

Zanmato
07-27-2015, 06:26 PM
I absolutely love Crash Twinsanity, that's my favourite classic platformer on PS2. :3

Shorty
07-27-2015, 06:32 PM
Crash Bandicoot was a childhood staple! :love: Love Crash, Cortex Strikes Back, and Warped. Crash Team Racing was also fun as trout.

I think I'm in agreement that Cortex Strikes back is the best, but I also spent a lot of time on Warped.

Randy
07-28-2015, 03:05 AM
I remember being insanely impressed with Crash. It was the pinnacle of platforming for a year or so. And then Mario 64 and Spyro came along and kinda made most people forget about it.

Ayen
07-28-2015, 04:13 AM
I remember being insanely impressed with Crash. It was the pinnacle of platforming for a year or so. And then Mario 64 and Spyro came along and kinda made most people forget about it.

Crash Bandicoot and Mario 64 came out the same year, actually.

Bubba
07-28-2015, 08:47 AM
I remember being given a demo for this but it was actually the full game. As an early teenager with no money this was very exciting! Cracking game too. It's amazing when you look at the Uncharted 4 trailer to see how far Naughty Dog have come as a company. Having said that, the formula hasn't changed massively since Crash. A 3D game with a very linear style. Ain't no getting off this path your on... but that's the thing, you don't want to!

Sephex
07-28-2015, 09:28 AM
My nick name in High School was Crash Bandicu<snip>

Come on, man. You know better than that!~Sephex

Anyway, I never got into these games, but I always meant to give them a try. I feel that they wouldn't feel right these days, and I probably really should have played them during their heyday since it could be appreciated better that way.

Psychotic
07-28-2015, 11:31 AM
OOLAMAGA!

Shauna
07-28-2015, 01:19 PM
I am pro at Crash Team Racing, as many EoFFers who I have STOMPED will attest to. :smug:

Ayen
07-28-2015, 04:24 PM
OOLAMAGA!

What's that, boy? Jimmy trapped down a well?