PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Voices

Forsaken Lover
07-18-2015, 08:06 AM
Been doing a lot of Dub Chat about the FFXIII Trilogy and it inspired me to make this thread. Well that and speculation about the English cast for FFVII Remake.

Who are your favorite voices for any FF character in any FF game with voices?

Ayen
07-18-2015, 08:25 AM
Matt McKenzie as Auron, naturally.

Hedy Burress as Yuna. She had some hiccups in the first game, but knowing Square that was probably due to trying to be in synch with the Japanese voice actress or just directing issues as I can't see anyone trailing off awkwardly that many smurfing times.

Gideon Emery as Balthier.

Kari Wahlgren as Ashe.

Fynn
07-18-2015, 09:53 AM
I think any FF after X has really good voice acting. Not that X was bad all around, it just had a lot of weirdness to it.

My favorites include Andrea Bowen's Aerith in Crisis Core, Lightning in XIII, and SERAH too cause she's voiced by my all-time favorite VA - Laura Bailey! :D And I really liked Vanille's voice as long as she wasn't going all "aHa, nya-ha" and all that anime bullshit. I really liked her accent.

And any voice in XII qualifies, really. I think it's easily one of the best cast games period, probably owing to the fact that most of them were theatre actors and that the script lenses itself to the voices so well.i still can't get over Fran's voice, and Larsa is what all 12-year-old blue should sound like - actually being voiced by a boy.

Pike
07-18-2015, 10:10 AM

This man.

This man is like, the hottest voice actor alive.

He also voices one of the best WoW characters.

So yeah, he wins.

Forsaken Lover
07-18-2015, 10:32 AM
My favorite voice in XII will always be Gabranth's. I'm very sad he never reprised his role.

Same for Gilgamesh. Keith Szarabjka (or however you spell it) is a truly fantastic VA but he's just doing an impression of DiMaggio's Gilg and it shows.

I wish Paine's voice-actress was in more things as well.

As for my current project, the love for Caius' voice is absolutely deserved. However I wish Noel and Yeul got more attention too as they are also great.

Ayen
07-18-2015, 10:35 AM
How do I keep forgetting Andrea Bowen?

Shame on me.

Shiva95
07-18-2015, 01:19 PM
Cloud in Crisis Core, Auron in FFX and Lightning and Noel in FFXIII Trilogy.

Pumpkin
07-18-2015, 07:47 PM
I love Fran and Yuna's voices :love:

Colonel Angus
07-19-2015, 02:05 AM
X, X-2 & XII all have good voice acting. They really did well fitting their characters.

The cream of the crop, though, are the Hypellos in X & X-2.

Mr. Carnelian
07-19-2015, 11:49 AM

Yes. YES. YES. Bonus points if you read that like Sally in THAT scene from When Harry Met Sally.

This. 100% this.

His voice is just so yummy. :drool:

Forsaken Lover
07-22-2015, 02:57 PM
So I totally forgot about this guy
WJt1tA9UW6A

"EXPECT NO CHIVALRY HERE, WOMAN!"

I really liked Golbez's voice too.
eQX4TzNgGww