PDA

View Full Version : Favourite bread

MissH
07-20-2015, 04:46 PM
I really enjoy good bread. Bread can just be wonderful. Freshly made baguettes are just orgasmic, crusty rolls and good too and even plain white sliced is nice. But, why on earth would I want seeds in my bread?! I just don't get it. If I want to grab a sandwich for my lunch from the shop, 9/10 times it's on brown seeded bread! I'm not a bird, why would I want seeds in my bread?! I got so cross about this recently that I took the time to tweet Tesco (local supermarket for those not in UK) and tell them my predicament and that they should offer more sandwiches on white bread.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Are you a plain Jane or a fan of things a bit seedy?

Night Fury
07-20-2015, 04:50 PM
I love seeded bread but my favourite bread is sour dough

escobert
07-20-2015, 05:07 PM
all bread! It's all soooo good!

For sandwiches I like pretzel bread or potato bread!

Burgermiester85
07-20-2015, 05:08 PM
I've never met a bread I didnt like. Although seedless is superior to seeds, for sure.

Formalhaut
07-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Baguettes are divine, really any bread with a nice crust is heavenly, and perfect for soup. Literally a nice meal for me right now is just a simple tomato and basil soup, with nice crusty bread. To DIE for.

Ayen
07-20-2015, 05:17 PM
I've been eating wheat bread for the past couple of months after spending all my life only eating white bread. It taste delicious and I love it more than white bread now.

Shorty
07-20-2015, 05:31 PM
A good garlic bread, oh my god.

Fynn
07-20-2015, 05:35 PM
For the longest time, I've only eaten the bread that I make. I used to grow my own yeast, even, but my appartment right now is too cold for the bread to be able to grow properly, so I'm using regular yeast. But yeah, wholegrain flour and tons of seed - pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and flaxseed :love:

Mr. Carnelian
07-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Pumpernickel! The bread you can eat, AND use to knock someone unconscious! :p

In actuality, I'm a big fan of brown, wholemeal bread. It can be seeded or not, I don't much mind.

Shorty
07-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Oh jesus christ actually I am a huge liar and my favorite bread is banana bread mmmm

Night Fury
07-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Also can I just say how much I love rye bread. That stuff makes the BEST toast.

noxious.sunshine
07-20-2015, 11:55 PM
I love a good brioche and whole wheat hoagie/sub rolls

And ciabatta and bolillo rolls for when I make tortas

Oooh and and these kaiser hamburger buns that my grocery store has. They're huge and fluffy and yummy.

Colonel Angus
07-21-2015, 12:04 AM
I love baguettes. The French really know how to make bread.

Rye bread is great, as NF said, it makes great toast.

Hawaiian bread is also fantastic.

Pike
07-21-2015, 12:09 PM
I can't eat wheat :-/

It's full of fructose and fructans and I can't digest those properly.

Gluten-free bread is a godsend. Not because it's gluten-free but because it's usually wheat-free. The gluten-free "fad" is the best thing that's happened since, well... since sliced bread. Because it means I finally have more choices in what to eat.

Spuuky
07-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Disregarding banana bread because it's basically cake and not bread, the only bread I don't like is rye. I love bread and I probably eat more of it than you.

Sephex
07-22-2015, 06:05 AM
DAMN IT! *cracks fingers*

I really enjoy good bread. Bread can just be wonderful. Freshly made baguettes are just orgasmic, crusty rolls and good too and even plain white sliced is nice. But, why on earth would I want seeds in my bread?! I just don't get it. If I want to grab a sandwich for my lunch from the shop, 9/10 times it's on brown seeded bread! I'm not a bird, why would I want seeds in my bread?! I got so cross about this recently that I took the time to tweet Tesco (local supermarket for those not in UK) and tell them my predicament and that they should offer more sandwiches on white bread.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Are you a plain Jane or a fan of things a bit seedy?

As long as seeds are done sparingly it can be okay. Sort of like Rye bread.

As for my favorite? It depends on the brand, but I usually go for wheat or rye.

I love seeded bread but my favourite bread is sour dough

I am down with this one, but I rarely have it. I actually like sweet sugary stuff on my bread more if I were to pit sweet against sour.

all bread! It's all soooo good!

For sandwiches I like pretzel bread or potato bread!

Pretzel bread is god. Man, I wish I could get some right now!!

I've never met a bread I didnt like. Although seedless is superior to seeds, for sure.

I feel about the same. Actually, I take that back. I can't stand raisin bread because I can't stand raisins.

Baguettes are divine, really any bread with a nice crust is heavenly, and perfect for soup. Literally a nice meal for me right now is just a simple tomato and basil soup, with nice crusty bread. To DIE for.

Yes, texture is key, but it also depends on what you are having it with. For what you put, I agree with your preferred texture.

I've been eating wheat bread for the past couple of months after spending all my life only eating white bread. It taste delicious and I love it more than white bread now.

Yeah, white bread is cool when you are a kid, but unless you are in a hurry or find a good quality for ultra cheap, one should avoid eating white bread in my opinion.

A good garlic bread, oh my god.

Yes. Oh, yes. When I didn't make too much money years ago I would sprinkle garlic powder on a lightly buttered bread and toast it for some X-TREME BOOTLEG GARLIC BREAD!!

For the longest time, I've only eaten the bread that I make. I used to grow my own yeast, even, but my appartment right now is too cold for the bread to be able to grow properly, so I'm using regular yeast. But yeah, wholegrain flour and tons of seed - pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and flaxseed :love:

Lay off the seeds and we'll talk. I like that kind of stuff in moderation. Though it is cool that you make your own bread.

Pumpernickel! The bread you can eat, AND use to knock someone unconscious! :p

In actuality, I'm a big fan of brown, wholemeal bread. It can be seeded or not, I don't much mind.

I prefer using moldy bread as a form of biological warfare.

Oh jesus christ actually I am a huge liar and my favorite bread is banana bread mmmm

This is good, but I don't go nuts over it. Ha!

Also can I just say how much I love rye bread. That stuff makes the BEST toast.

Bingo. I usually use bread most often when I toast something or make it for toast. Rye is king.

I love a good brioche and whole wheat hoagie/sub rolls

And ciabatta and bolillo rolls for when I make tortas

Oooh and and these kaiser hamburger buns that my grocery store has. They're huge and fluffy and yummy.

Kaiser ones are great for burgers. I wish my folks would get more creative bread for cookouts rather than "generic boring bread number 54" all the time.

I love baguettes. The French really know how to make bread.

Rye bread is great, as NF said, it makes great toast.

*takes notes to try Hawaiian bread*

I can't eat wheat :-/

It's full of fructose and fructans and I can't digest those properly.

Gluten-free bread is a godsend. Not because it's gluten-free but because it's usually wheat-free. The gluten-free "fad" is the best thing that's happened since, well... since sliced bread. Because it means I finally have more choices in what to eat.

I heard there is a double edged sword to that, though. While it is easier to find gluten free stuff, the demand for it has caused prices to get jacked up, I thought. Or at least that's what I heard.

Disregarding banana bread because it's basically cake and not bread, the only bread I don't like is rye. I love bread and I probably eat more of it than you.

I don't know, man. I am in terrible shape and one of the reasons is how much carbs I take in. A lot of the time is because of how much I use bread.

Fynn
07-22-2015, 08:50 AM
I just love the aroma the seeds give. It's just so fragrant with all those seeds in. I also started adding in fenugreek and it is just amazing for bread.

I think we can just all agree that bread is like the best thing ever.

Bubba
07-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Warburtons. Bakers born and bread.

Mr. Carnelian
07-22-2015, 09:25 AM

What is Hawaiian bread?

I'm imagining it with ham and pineapple in it, like the pizza, but that can't be right.

fire_of_avalon
07-23-2015, 04:45 AM

This is cake calling itself bread to trick you. And you were tricked. Disgraceful.

Shorty
07-23-2015, 05:04 AM

This is cake calling itself bread to trick you. And you were tricked. Disgraceful.

If someone comes to me and says "do you want cake or banana bread," I'm selecting cake. Because it is not cake, it is banana bread :colbert:

Pheesh
07-23-2015, 05:28 AM
For everyday sliced bread I enjoy a seedless light rye. For things like bruschetta or dipping into a soup I prefer a sourdough. For something like a platter or for simply dipping into olive oil and balsamic I like anything that has a really, really loose crumb. Seriously, the more air pockets the better.

However, the absolute, undisputed best bread I've ever had was a truffle naan bread that Night Fury and I had at a restaurant in London. It was served warm and we were given some truffle butter to go with it and honestly I would have been happy to just eat that 10 times over and then left the restaurant. It was simply amazing.

Colonel Angus
07-23-2015, 06:21 AM

What is Hawaiian bread?

I'm imagining it with ham and pineapple in it, like the pizza, but that can't be right.
It's a sweet bread, but not sweet like cake or anything. It doesn't have ham nor pineapple, but it's very good. Sometimes it's served w/ Spinach dip or artichoke dip. I like to have Hawaiian Sweet Rolls when I have chicken & make little sandwiches.

Zanmato
07-23-2015, 03:51 PM
Bread with sunflower seeds is my favourite one! I simply love it! <3

Fynn
07-23-2015, 06:14 PM
Sunflower seeds are a Godsend. Though I think I prefer pumpkin seeds a tiny bit more ;)

Zanmato
07-23-2015, 06:26 PM
Sunflower seeds are a Godsend. Though I think I prefer pumpkin seeds a tiny bit more ;)

These seeds are my addiction, Bro! :P
The pumpkin seeds are good, but my heart belongs to the sunflower, period. :P

Pumpkin
07-24-2015, 08:26 AM
I really love the white Italian loaf bread. I figure it should be called something more specific, but at least here it just says Italian Bread on the stickers. So that kind I guess :monster:

Bubba
07-25-2015, 09:58 AM
But, why on earth would I want seeds in my bread?!

http://home.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65357&stc=1

MissH
07-25-2015, 01:40 PM
But, why on earth would I want seeds in my bread?!

http://home.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65357&stc=1

I really need to give you more worthwhile activities to spend your time on...

Iceglow
07-25-2015, 03:02 PM
Well Bubba just won the thread.

However, on topic. Bread, any bread is amazing. I was eating at work the other day and having brought a pasta bake to share with my colleague (hello Sainsbury's 800g of Meat Feast Pasta Bake for £2.30 - 10 mins in the microwave and boom we're done! Also not too bad for a microwave pasta bake) and proceeded to use a couple of freshly baked (they were still warm from the oven!) giraffe bread rolls to ensure I mopped it all up. My colleagues Steph and Daniella whom are both Italian were like "Steve, how certain are you, that you aren't the slightest Italian? Because that is the most Italian thing to do ever, bread and pasta!"

I've lately had this huge Tuna Mayonaise thing going on dietary wise. Tuna mayo pasta salad, tuna mayo sandwiches... oh god the sandwiches! I love Tuna Mayo Sandiches. I would literally kill for one...

God damnit, I have pizza already cooking but now I want Tuna Mayo on a good bread.

Also; 6 seed bread, the very thin sliced, but heavy German style bread? Is amazing served with cream cheese and fresh tomato!

Pheesh
07-25-2015, 03:23 PM
Well Bubba just won the thread.

However, on topic. Bread, any bread is amazing. I was eating at work the other day and having brought a pasta bake to share with my colleague (hello Sainsbury's 800g of Meat Feast Pasta Bake for £2.30 - 10 mins in the microwave and boom we're done! Also not too bad for a microwave pasta bake) and proceeded to use a couple of freshly baked (they were still warm from the oven!) giraffe bread rolls to ensure I mopped it all up. My colleagues Steph and Daniella whom are both Italian were like "Steve, how certain are you, that you aren't the slightest Italian? Because that is the most Italian thing to do ever, bread and pasta!"

A for effort man, but a microwaved pasta dish is the most UN-Italian thing ever. So it kinda sends you back to square one.

Iceglow
07-25-2015, 04:18 PM
work has the options of microwaved or raw.

Still, microwaved pasta isn't very italian, however limited choices what not.