PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #48 - Don't Worry, We Got Better

Pages : [1] 2

Dat Matt
07-20-2015, 05:48 PM
Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #1 - It's Showtime, Girls!

The Shaunas are back with their Let's Play of Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster! Are you ready for some fast paced battle silly plot-disregarding nonsense?

J-Pop concerts, reintroductions to classic characters, dresspheres, moogle costumes, introductions to new characters, garment grids, brand new content for the international edition, garment grids, airships, mild peril, hypello AND SO MUCH MORE awaits you in the pilot episode of this Let's Play! Or maybe that's everything, but you should tune in anyway.

vuN7Vt40Q9s

As an added bonus, tell us which dresspheres you want us to use for each mission! We promise that we'll do our best with what you choose! All you need to do is post in the thread what clothes you want the girls to wear. Some caveats though:

1) All three Dressspheres need to be unique. No triple songstresses~
2) Have a least one class that deals damage. Keep in mind if you choose two non-damage dealing classes it'll be a very long and boring lets play with minimal #toppantz~
3) We'll do dressspheres on an Mission by Mission basis. If a Mission spans over 3 episodes we'll use the dresspehres until we get that saucy complete screen.

That'll be it for now. Get your votes in now to avoid disappointment (and we also need to record episode 2 so get down on it, get down on it)! Have fun and expect us again on Thursday~

Shauna
07-20-2015, 06:15 PM
Garment grids: So important I mention them twice in the description. :shobon:

Ayen
07-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Hang on to your ass!

Karifean
07-20-2015, 07:47 PM
I vote for triple Festivalist on Gagazet. For three reasons: One, because it's new, two, because each of YRP has a unique skillset with it, and three, so you can put it away afterwards and never look at it again (it's my second-least favorite dressphere). I guess a distant fourth reason is that the 'slot-machine' type functionality of Yuna's variant is kinda fun to use in the early game and is also ridiculously strong if you're decently lucky.

Alternatively use Brother as one of your party members cause his attack animation is the best thing of all time.

I find it interesting how in this game you get Al Bhed Primers every time you witness an Al Bhed conversation. Kind of like "you're picking up the language as you hear it"? Makes collecting them feel very distinct from how FFX did it, until you get to digging them up anyways.

I love the Creature Creator. Countless hours were spent playing around with it. It does clash with the job system though so it's probably best to treat it as its own separate thing and only actually use creatures in the Arena. I wouldn't recommend using it until your levels are in the double digits at least, save for experimenting a bit if you really feel like it.

Btw you get the Vanguard GG for watching the Garment Grid tutorial.

Are you guys aiming for 100% Story Completion in a single playthrough?

Shauna
07-20-2015, 07:58 PM
Ooh thanks. We'll make sure to have a gander at the tutorial for garment grids! And I suppose triple festivalist can be used if they're unique for each of the characters... I'll have to have a quiet discussion with Matt about this.

We are hoping to get 100% in one go - we have a 100% guide handy, but I think that may just be for the regular edition, not the Intl. Does it make any difference? xD

Jinx
07-20-2015, 07:58 PM
Everyone Festivalist this time so we can see their outfits and also because they all have different fireworks!

Karifean
07-20-2015, 08:30 PM
We are hoping to get 100% in one go - we have a 100% guide handy, but I think that may just be for the regular edition, not the Intl. Does it make any difference? xD

Oh well since you know what you're getting into. And no, the International Edition changes did not have any effect on the Story Completion % whatsoever. Adding a whole second set of percentage points to build up was enough :D

Colonel Angus
07-21-2015, 12:18 AM
@ some point, they should be:

Yuna-Black Mage
Rikku-Alchemist
Paine-Dark Knight

Psychotic
07-21-2015, 08:08 AM
WHO DOESN'T LIKE REAL EMOTION?! Give me their names and I'll ban them. The OST song for it is one of the top 15 most popular videos on our YouTube channel!

Flimflam has always been a thing xD

Four White Mages, Shauna? Who is the fourth?!

Hypello racism wtf you hatemonger

Heave HO yell Rikku and Paine as they lift Yuna what are they trying to say about her???? Disasterrific!

Shauna
07-21-2015, 08:38 AM
Jinx said she doesn't like the opening. /calledout The saddest part of the way we do the LP is that we don't get to listen to the rockin' soundtrack. :(

I know flim-flam has always been a thing, it's just not been truly hilarious in my mind until I saw the troll face image.

Brother will be the fourth White Mage.

Ayen
07-21-2015, 10:42 AM
WHO DOESN'T LIKE REAL EMOTION?! Give me their names and I'll ban them.

No, Psychotic.

Their punishment must be more severe.

Formalhaut
07-21-2015, 12:22 PM
Real Emotion is kinda my guilty pleasure. Like, I know it sucks, but I can't help liking it. It really works in the opening scene.

Also, what's your least favorite dressphere Karifean? Trainer? Because that's also fairly useless. I'd even go as far to say Mascot Rikku for just being a poor Mascot in general.

Psychotic
07-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Brother will be the fourth White Mage.Is he actually in the party? I didn't know what the hell that meant.

Shauna
07-21-2015, 01:13 PM
We don't know.

I am guessing he can be in the party, as Karifean says he can, and I ain't arguing with that guy. He's like an encyclopaedia. I guess we'll find out soon!

Ayen
07-21-2015, 02:45 PM
Real Emotion is kinda my guilty pleasure. Like, I know it sucks, but I can't help liking it. It really works in the opening scene.

Guilty pleasure? Sucks? What?

Ayen feels no guilt. Ayen blast song on radio with the car window rolled down with no shame.

No. Shame.

Karifean
07-21-2015, 02:45 PM
Also, what's your least favorite dressphere Karifean? Trainer? Because that's also fairly useless. I'd even go as far to say Mascot Rikku for just being a poor Mascot in general.

Yep, Trainer. Mascot Rikku at least has the White Mage spells for free, it has the godlike stats typical for Mascots, its Eraser skills come in handy sometimes (albeit VERY rarely) and its ultimate ability is surprisingly accurate. Trainer just goes completely against my preferred style of playing.

Yeah you can put Brother in your active party by selecting Party Members in the menu. Although you're still limited to three party members at a time. You'll see.

Formalhaut
07-21-2015, 03:35 PM

Yep, Trainer. Mascot Rikku at least has the White Mage spells for free, it has the godlike stats typical for Mascots, its Eraser skills come in handy sometimes (albeit VERY rarely) and its ultimate ability is surprisingly accurate. Trainer just goes completely against my preferred style of playing.

Yeah you can put Brother in your active party by selecting Party Members in the menu. Although you're still limited to three party members at a time. You'll see.

Trainer is just a poor jill of all trades. There's some elemental attacks, some status attacks, some healing... but it doesn't really excel in all three. And the stat distribution isn't that great. At least the Festivalist is somewhat fun to play with and has a nice HP boost to it.

Brother is pretty fun to use, for like, a few battles. Like Karifean said, I'd only use the creatures in the Fiend Arena. Some of those battles get astronomically hard quickly.

Dat Matt
07-21-2015, 05:39 PM
So we have 2 sets of votes for 3x Festivalists. Any further votes or do we assume this will be the gagazet team?

Also, all in favor of replacing Rikku with Brother for the entire game say "aye"!

Ayen
07-21-2015, 05:42 PM
Also, all in favor of replacing Rikku with Brother for the entire game say "aye"!

Nay.

Shauna
07-21-2015, 05:44 PM
Have you watched our LP? :p

Psychotic
07-21-2015, 05:51 PM
Replace Paine with Brother, she's boring as shit.

Mr. Carnelian
07-22-2015, 11:47 AM

Trainer is just a poor jill of all trades. There's some elemental attacks, some status attacks, some healing... but it doesn't really excel in all three. And the stat distribution isn't that great. At least the Festivalist is somewhat fun to play with and has a nice HP boost to it.

Brother is pretty fun to use, for like, a few battles. Like Karifean said, I'd only use the creatures in the Fiend Arena. Some of those battles get astronomically hard quickly.

But Trainer Paine has a low MP Haste ability, which also heals!

Plus, MP and HP Stroll!

Shauna
07-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Look guys, for all the nonsense y'all have been spouting, there's been 0 new votes for what dresspheres we should use (aside from Psy's desire to remove Paine forever). :colbert:

You don't have many hours left to decide for us.

Formalhaut
07-22-2015, 02:15 PM
I'm all for hilarious triple festivalist action :colbert:

Jinx
07-22-2015, 02:21 PM
Don't ever use Trainer for Rikku. Monkeys are bad.

Psychotic
07-22-2015, 05:07 PM
I'm all for hilarious triple festivalist action :colbert:

Dat Matt
07-22-2015, 09:46 PM
http://img02.deviantart.net/44bf/i/2013/047/e/4/technical_difficulties_by_roguebanana-d5v7d5x.jpg

Shauna
07-22-2015, 09:48 PM
You know how we were plagued with technical issues during our FFX Let's Play? Well, we couldn't ruin the tradition on this one either! Our fantastic quality microphone capture device (Matt's netbook) has stopped working. I believe that there is a loose connection between the LCD screen and the motherboard. We are working as hard as we can to rectify this (read: We will take it apart at the weekend) and we will get your high quality Let's Play with 3x Festivalist girls delivered as soon as possible!

Alternatively, we may just buy a good quality microphone and work with that.

Dat Matt
07-22-2015, 09:49 PM
Personally I blame Shauna for all issues to this point and we should all make her feel bad.

Jinx
07-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Or could be Shauna sucks as much at this game as Matt sucks at FFX. :bigsmile:

Shauna
07-23-2015, 08:28 AM
I don't know what that known fact has to do with technical issues!

setsua25
07-25-2015, 01:28 PM
I`ll be watching this! I`m thinking about getting this game for my PS4 to play around with it. I beat it along time ago.

Shauna
07-27-2015, 08:44 AM
Ugh, going to apologise in advance for episode 2. Tried a new way to record our spoken audio and uh, it didn't fare well. We were unable to revive the netbook either, sadly, so we decided to put this one out, terrible voice recording and all.

We uh, may try other means for next episode (which we'll probably again try to get out in the next week, instead of twice-weekly until we get this sorted) but I think we may just take the plunge and buy a decent microphone.

Psychotic
07-27-2015, 10:53 AM
What kind of microphones are you looking at? I'm just nosy :shobon:

Shauna
07-27-2015, 10:56 AM
None at this point. We were going to speak to you about it, actually. xD

Dat Matt
07-27-2015, 05:39 PM
Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #2 - Pants

In this episode, everything is pants. The audio quality is pants, the gameplay is pants, even the characters are showing some pants. Dare I say, #toppantz?

Also watch us maul things with happy festival fireworks.

bJumnrf-5Qw

That's us done the festivalist trio. What party do you want to see in Besaid?

Mirage
07-27-2015, 06:01 PM
What happened to the video and commentary quality? I remember it being a lot better in FFX.

Shauna
07-27-2015, 06:09 PM
We have just had like 4 posts about how the audio quality is *terrible* in this episode, god Mirage read what we are saying!

Karifean
07-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Huh, you got Fire every single time on the sandals. It's fun when you get a Multi-Firaga. And slightly early-game-breaking.

YOU MISSED A CHEST cause you didn't go round the thing at 18:25. Gosh you guys suck.

Might as well make use of the new dressphere. I vote Warrior Yuna, Gunner Rikku, Black Mage Paine.

Mirage
07-27-2015, 06:53 PM
We have just had like 4 posts about how the audio quality is *terrible* in this episode, god Mirage read what we are saying!
i actually can't read :(

i'm just making educated guesses on what's in each post

Dat Matt
07-27-2015, 06:57 PM
It's shauna's fault that we missed the chest. I knew there was something back there but she didn't listen to reason (aka my pyschic hints that something was there).

Audio quality should be back to normal at some point in the near future. We had a misshap with this episode on account of broken stuff. Stay tuned n junk.

Jinx
07-27-2015, 07:07 PM
What a bad dressphere. We are dicks. xD
Fire FISH?!?!
No, Shauna. That was horrible.
Wait, what? I don't remember that boss being that easy!

Next episode dresspheres:
Yuna: Songstress
Paine: White Mage
Rikku: Festivalist

EDIT: Ah, trout, it's Black Mage not White Mage. Okay, in that case, make Paine a Black Mage or Thief.

Psychotic
07-27-2015, 08:20 PM
None at this point. We were going to speak to you about it, actually. xDWhat kind of price are we talking?

Shauna
07-27-2015, 08:39 PM
In an unexpected twist, we bought the one you have. :3

Dat Matt
07-27-2015, 10:53 PM
Specifically the one you own. It has beard hair in it and everything.

Psychotic
07-28-2015, 05:46 PM
I look after my baby very well thank you :colbert: My advice would be to spend 5-10 minutes just messing with the volume input settings on Audacity and your computer before you record the first time just to make sure you have it at a good level. If you do it right you might even be able to have the tv on low - I did when doing Duscae.

If you want more audio editing tips here's three quick things I do and it usually comes out okay.
1) Highlight a "silent" period of just a few seconds and then select effects, noise removal and then just run it.
2) download http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Nyquist_Effect_Plugins#Noise_Gate then select your entire track and do effects, noise gate. I usually do threshold to -41.8 and reduction to -50 or so.
3) Effects, compressor.

Anywho
Logos = ALAN RICKMAN. It seems we have a celebrity in our midst.
Why are they dressed in pajamas!?
Snake, SNAAAAAKE yells Rikku. TIME PARADOX.

Jinx
07-28-2015, 06:03 PM
I also thought their clothing looked like pajamas! Comfy ones, though.

Shauna
07-28-2015, 06:10 PM
Cheers! We got it in today and have been messing around, those tips will be handy going forward. But we will be able to get another episode up and running soon! Whoop!

Also they are not pyjamas, god. Be more weeaboo.

Dat Matt
07-29-2015, 07:40 PM
You know what was great? This weeks combination of dresspheres.

I think we've made a mistake letting you guys choose.

Jinx
07-29-2015, 08:25 PM
What did you end up choosing?

After you go to Besaid you ARE doing Yuna Songstress, Paine White Mage, Rikku Festivalist. :colbert: I will rally everyone's support, damn it.

Dat Matt
07-29-2015, 10:55 PM
you ARE doing Yuna Songstress, Paine White Mage, Rikku Festivalist.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKbSZI5UYAApXL8.jpg

Shauna
07-30-2015, 05:44 PM
4uLanIrIZVo

It has been some time, but Yuna is finally returning to Besaid. However it's not because she misses Lulu and Wakka, nope. There's a sphere around, that might have more information about ~*~HIM~*~ Which is all that's important, right?

Also the choices in dresspheres for this level were terrible. There were many near misses. Why did you do this to us, precious viewers?!

Karifean
07-30-2015, 07:26 PM
I have determined that you guys need practice using the Songstress dressphere. I've decided I will vote for Songstress every video from here on out.

"No strong hitters" they say when they've got a Black Mage and a Gunner on the team. :stare: Trigger Happy chained to strong hitting Black Magic is a pretty good combo at this point in the game.

I second Jinx's Songstress and White Mage suggestions. Gotta give new dresspheres some love. For the third party member though I'll vote for putting Brother, it's something you need to see. Pick the third option in the Creature Create menu and release Brother from your party. He'll be instantly put back into your team since you won't have any creatures (which automatically adds Brother). But he'll be a higher level since he's still Level 1, and when you rerecruit him he gets YRP's average experience. If that kind of vote isn't allowed, I'll put forward Warrior once again.

Btw the guide was telling you to save, view the scenes in Guadosalam and check if you're at 7% thereafter, and if you are, load and pretend you never went to Guadosalam. It's just a way of checking that you didn't miss anything until now, and it's pretty unnecessary IMO.

Shauna
07-30-2015, 07:40 PM
tbf early gunner isn't particularly fantastic. The black mage was the best, but she was weak on the HP front. But yeah, once we were chaining up stuff it was going better!

Honestly, the reason why Brother isn't in the party is because we haven't worked out how to get him in there. xD

Karifean
07-30-2015, 07:57 PM
Yeah that's true. Trigger Happy is capable of getting something like an 8 Hit Chain at the moment I believe, which almost doubles your damage. Definitely worth chaining up your big hits. And Black Mage gets a power spike as soon as you get the elemental Garment Grids since those casually give you the -ga spells for crossing all gates. The Gunner-BM-pair works better once you have those ^^

Almost forgot to mention, you can multi-target magic in this game, just like old-school FF games. Just press the side directional buttons during target selection to target all enemies/allies.

Do you see the button titled "Party Members" in your menu? Yeah that's where you change your party members.

Shauna
07-30-2015, 10:16 PM
We did try before, but couldn't switch him in. It was weird. Maybe we will try again.

Also thanks for the multi-hit tip, didn't know that was a thing.

Jinx
07-30-2015, 10:28 PM
It sounds so smooth ;-;
It, He...the pronouns in Spira are so descriptive
Definitely chose Paine as Black Mage because she has stats to be a physical attacker. We just like to screw you over. :heart:
Ugh, that jumping off into another screen thing is SO annoying.
Dang, Brother, being creepy as smurf.

Next episodes dress spheres:
Yuna - Songstress
Paine - White Mage
Rikku - Festivalist

Psychotic
07-31-2015, 08:31 AM
New microphone is sexy as hell mmff mfff I'm going to pleasure myself to your smooth voices oh wait no I have cereal to eat n/m

Oh, him.

What was this all about:
Lulu: But Yuna, never forget who you are
Yuna: :eek:!

Also jeez Lulu corsetted the fuck about of that babby. The thing will be born with brain damage. AND THAT'S FROM BEING WAKKA'S KID LOLZ

gullwings huh

OH NO THE BATTERY NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yuna - Thief
Rikku - Black Mage
kimahri 2.0 - I DON'T CARE, FUCK PAINE. warrior to speed it up

Shauna
07-31-2015, 08:32 AM
Definitely chose Paine as Black Mage because she has stats to be a physical attacker. We just like to screw you over. :heart:

We know our audience. :argh:

Mr. Carnelian
07-31-2015, 01:12 PM

You know that they all have the same baseline stats, right?

If they were all the same level (which they NEVER are, by the way, they level up at slightly different rates), they would have EXACTLY the same stats.

So really Paine is no more suited to be a physical attacker than Rikku or Yuna is. :spin:

Shauna
07-31-2015, 01:17 PM
I don't know these things, no. Stats aren't things I ever take any note of other than in a "Is this number bigger than this one?" capacity.

But that has nothing to do with not knowing my audience. ;)

Jinx
07-31-2015, 01:27 PM

If they were all the same level (which they NEVER are, by the way, they level up at slightly different rates), they would have EXACTLY the same stats.

So really Paine is no more suited to be a physical attacker than Rikku or Yuna is. :spin:

Okay, I don't care. That's not what the joke is about.

Mr. Carnelian
07-31-2015, 02:07 PM

You guys snap more than a herd of angry sea-turtles! :lol:

Psychotic
07-31-2015, 02:12 PM

You guys snap more than a herd of angry sea-turtles! :lol:SHUT UP, SHUT UP RIGHT NOW

It's a turn, bale, nest, dole or dule of turtles.

BUT NEVER HERD

Mr. Carnelian
07-31-2015, 02:22 PM

You guys snap more than a herd of angry sea-turtles! :lol:

SHUT UP, SHUT UP RIGHT NOW

It's a turn, bale, nest, dole or dule of turtles.

BUT NEVER HERD

Apologies for the mistake, kind sir.

Anywho, are you guys going to stick with the current dresspheres for a bit, or swap things around a bit in your next installment?

Karifean
07-31-2015, 02:37 PM

Aw, and I was keeping quiet about it too.

But yeah, Festivalist, Trainer and Mascot are the only dresspheres where each girl actually has unique stats.

Shauna
07-31-2015, 02:39 PM
Anywho, are you guys going to stick with the current dresspheres for a bit, or swap things around a bit in your next installment.

We have changed them in every installment so far, and that will continue until the end of the game (ideally).

Mr. Carnelian
07-31-2015, 03:06 PM
Anywho, are you guys going to stick with the current dresspheres for a bit, or swap things around a bit in your next installment.

We have changed them in every installment so far, and that will continue until the end of the game (ideally).

Interesting. I had noticed that you'd been changing them every time so far, but I wasn't sure whether that was going to continue.

That will probably mean that it'll be a long time before you unlock any of the best abilities for the dresspheres.

Karifean
07-31-2015, 03:39 PM
That will probably mean that it'll be a long time before you unlock any of the best abilities for the dresspheres.

To be fair, a lot of dresspheres don't really need a lot of their abilities though. The ones I remember off the top of my head you really want to invest a lot of AP into are Psychic, Mascot, Samurai, Berserker and Gunner. I suppose Trainer as well but I never use it. Most of the others get their quintessential abilities pretty quickly.

Shauna
07-31-2015, 03:48 PM
If we are struggling, we'll be having secret off-screen grinding.

But yeah, we had a fairly consistent viewer base with our FFX Let's Play, so we decided to get them (and the new viewers, obvs) a bit more involved. And with all these job choices (and our general incompetence at the game meaning that we'll be terrible anyway), this was the perfect way to make things interesting. ish.

Jinx
07-31-2015, 04:47 PM
Guys, let's make sure we never vote for them to use Dark Knight or Alchemist. :bigsmile:

Dat Matt
07-31-2015, 05:44 PM
http://static.tumblr.com/bcc7833c502dfe53ff7835af321720b4/qvu86kj/ivHmzh0o5/tumblr_static_tumblr_lzbg1wdza11qbeqcyo1_500_large.png

Dat Matt
08-03-2015, 10:57 PM
Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #4 - Disasterrific

You see!? You see what happens when you let Shauna play video games? You see what happens when we let you choose the dresspheres (I know this is self-imposed, but so what!)? God damn

wYl1Qlrsue4

Karifean
08-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Process faster!

...ah there we go.

Edit: Well now that was an episode.

I knew how things'd turn out as soon as you had the wonderful luck to run into that Tonberry. I've played this game, what, 10+ times and never ever encountered a Tonberry in this mission. Their AI is pretty hilariously transparent in always attacking the target that's the farthest away, too, which is why Rikku generally didn't get attacked till you messed up. Woulda been a lot easier too if you'd just used Cure on the whole party all the time instead of single-targeting you know.

Good choice on learning the Sing abilities for the Songstress. Although learning it right when you were in the process of learning Sleepy Shuffle, the Dance that casually sleeps all enemies pretty much indefinitely, is pure win.

I hate the Attack command in this game. Unlike (except for Psychic's Teleport) it doesn't give 1 AP when used properly. All other commands do give AP as long as you influence the battle in your favor in some form. Oh well, when Mug/Nab Gil roll around things suddenly go way better.

I'm guessing you don't need new dresspheres for the next episode, since at this rate the rest of this mission is probably gonna take the entirety of it.

Dat Matt
08-04-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm guessing you don't need new dresspheres for the next episode, since at this rate the rest of this mission is probably gonna take the entirety of it.

*Sobs*

Mirage
08-04-2015, 06:19 PM

That's seriously the biggest annoyance ever in that game. Each character has their own exp curve. I tend to kill off rikku and paine from time to time to let yuna catch up. That, or put her on lady luck.

Psychotic
08-06-2015, 07:40 AM
Wakka's scene is surprisingly touching.

Shauna ruined the entire LP :(

NO YAIBAL I DON'T REMEMBER YOU AS YOU'RE IN SOME RANDOM SIDE VIDEO SHUT UP YOUTH LEAGUE SUX

The chocobos are definitely in a relationship.

none of this is on me, I voted Warrior.

Shauna
08-06-2015, 08:42 AM
Shauna ruined the entire LP :(

i sorry :(

Shauna
08-06-2015, 05:45 PM
7_arMHTlZ-Q

You want more battles? No? Well... uh... You're gonna get them. This time we don't get side-tracked by a tonberry for 10 minutes? If that's any consolation? Also Maechen! Everyone loves that guy! He talks forever about such interesting things.

The Shaunas also reminisce about last time they managed to get through Final Fantasy X-2, and their general failings at the game last time. Good to know that things never change, right?

Karifean
08-06-2015, 10:54 PM
Fuck Cat Nip.

Stupid hand shaking choice having the affirmation as the bottom choice instead of the top choice. Made me go through this entire scene all over again when I played this game in Japanese (and couldn't read anything).

Aww, there was a Garment Grid off the right cliff at the Youth League HQ, the map indicates it pretty obviously. Although I don't believe I've ever used it. Those status effect grids are pretty worthless, generally speaking. Oh well, the Heart of Flame GG you got is pretty handy. Free Fire absorption and quick Firaga if you happen to need it. In fact it would've completely trivialized the very mission you get it from. How cheeky.

So what mission you doing next? My choice for dresspheres depends on that. Except that Yuna is obviously Songstress again.

Jinx
08-08-2015, 08:22 PM
Episode 4:
WHITE MAGE AND SONGSTRESS YOU DID THE THING :D
But no Festivalist >:(
I like in the HD version that their profile thingy changes depending on what their dressphere is. That might have happened in other versions, but it definitely didn't happen in the NA version!
What? Why does Paine need DARKPROOF if she's the WHITE MAGE??? Bad at this game.
Yaibal, no one remembers you. You were not in the last game.
Oh my god this party combination is my favorite. I'm evil. (:<
Ahahahah this Tonberry battle oh god
Agreed with Matt, that is the dead camera angle.
Thanks for the singing, Yuna...
You're welcome, Matt.

Episode 5:
Not curious
All the shame. Everyone should know ABBA.
God, Tonberry. Let it go.
You encounter more battles if you run while it's dark.
I don't get the reference.
I believe "Itchy" makes it so the only action you're allowed to take on your turn is to change your dressphere.
Lucil's outfit is dumb. A turtlnecked swimsuit.

Next ep's spheres:
Yuna - Thief
Paine - David Bowie
Rikku - White Mage

Psychotic
08-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Hahaha them scattering from that Tonberry and then him showboating.

smurf the Youth League, join New Yevon.

yes fuck Paine too kill her

Next dress spheres:
EVERYONE GUNNER. ALL GUNS. GUNS.

Jinx
08-09-2015, 01:45 PM
I'm pretty sure they have to join Youth League if they want to attempt 100%. I believe in the first playthrough, it's only possible to get 99% if you join New Yevon.

Shauna
08-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Sadly yes, we will be joining Noojie-Woojie.

Psychotic
08-09-2015, 06:01 PM
:mad2:

Mirage
08-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Sadly.

Karifean
08-09-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm pretty sure they have to join Youth League if they want to attempt 100%. I believe in the first playthrough, it's only possible to get 99% if you join New Yevon.

Yeah this is true, and going from the assumption that this was a deliberate design choice it's one of my biggest gripes with the game. Both factions are pretty awful but I'd pick New Yevon over the Youth League any day if it weren't for this little difference.

So what mission you doing next? My choice for dresspheres depends on that.

Clever strategy to not respond so you don't have to consider my wonderful dressphere choices, but by default I'll just say Yuna as Songstress, Rikku as Black Mage, Paine as Warrior. Although I'm still all for replacing Paine with Brother for one episode.

Shauna
08-09-2015, 07:11 PM
I didn't respond because I don't know where we're going next! xD

Dat Matt
08-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Who knows where we're going to show up next!? Who can tell!? I mean who knows when we'll get the next episode up!? ...Oh. Now I guess

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #6 - Luca Dat Moogle

This week we have a quick stop to the land of the Gorgons which is now a bustling den of diversity and not Gorgons at all and establish the logistics of parking an airship in a cave.

Shortly afterwards we head to Luca and try on silly clothes and have ~FLASHBACKS~. How exiting.

8YBwPtgNZ8U

Karifean
08-10-2015, 11:54 PM
The Gullwings' prized garment... also known as the most stupidly powerful dressphere in the game. Goddamnit Brother just GIVE it to them already.

There's a hidden Garment Grid in the Luca docks if you feel like going back for it. IIRC it's the thunder-elemental one.

Haven't got much else to say since the CH1 Luca mission is pretty much the most boring and uneventful mission in the entire game. Oh, it may be useful to note that you can check your percentage while choosing a destination from the airship. You know the big bright red text on the right.

Colonel Angus
08-11-2015, 03:50 AM
Jinx said she doesn't like the opening. /calledout The saddest part of the way we do the LP is that we don't get to listen to the rockin' soundtrack. :(

I know flim-flam has always been a thing, it's just not been truly hilarious in my mind until I saw the troll face image.

Brother will be the fourth White Mage.
He looks more like a White Supremacist.

I vote yes for Real Emotion being great.

Yes, I am this far behind.

Psychotic
08-11-2015, 06:29 PM
The Luca pun was Grade A. Yes, I am excited for the backstory thanks Shauna!

Oh I do enjoy Yuna's X-2 theme.

Why did that kid say "Argh don't eat me!" to a moogle? :confused: Do they... what...? Nooooo.... :| SURELY NOT

wtf is that purple beak kid doing WTF shauna answer this please

Shauna
08-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Karifean: Ah neat, we may head back and get that. Also you keep us right on how to play this game properly. I guess we just flat out ignored all that percentage thing in the World Map menu. :sweat:

Psy: I really enjoy a lot of the soundtrack, and when I watched the episode back I was sad once again that we missed out on the classic Yuna's theme. Our snazzy new microphone picks up the TV even on the lowest volume setting.

And I don't know what the kid was doing. I DON'T KNOW.

Shauna
08-14-2015, 06:57 PM
Rq8xPy3pau8

OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN

Things do not go well in this episode. We have to interact with Kimahri, Tromell Guado and speak to some heathen Al Bhed who have dared to commandeer a sacred temple of Yevon! All in one episode?! On top of that battling goes poorly, and I mean really really poorly. Damn you, oversouls!

Can nothing save us from our own incompetence (aside from our loyal viewers)?

Karifean
08-14-2015, 07:26 PM
There we go.

As soon as I saw Thunder hitting you for 100 damage I knew how that was going to end xD

See this is where your whole pick-dresspheres-the-viewers-voted-for system comes right back to bite you since switching dresspheres is pretty damn useful sometimes. Like when you have to fight elementals and you don't have any magic to deal with them. Maybe consider adding a clause for this kind of situation?

Oversoul goes by species. You'll keep encountering oversouled elementals until you kill one. That one fight where the Red Elemental was the one that oversouled might've been a good opportunity for that, actually.

Sure, let's forget that the White Mage has Vigor for instant self-healing. Would've saved you a lot of trouble^^ Learning Reflect might be a good idea too.

Oh and of course simply equipping the Thunder Spawn GG would've trivialized everything. I seriously recommend making use of those elemental GGs (and being flexible in switching it up depending on the circumstances).

Goddamnit Flee, why must you be so terrible. Escape is always the safer alternative since it's instant. I guess it's good if your other characters are charging up something big when you decide to flee, but let's be real, how often are you gonna encounter that situation.

In all fairness, you had a pretty terrible dressphere setup for this particular mission. Two physical attackers with horrible magic defense and a White Mage. Ironically the Songstress probably would've gotten you through the troubles just fine. Matador's Song + Samba of Silence ftw.

Well, good luck on the return trip. Hope you don't run into any Amorphous Gels! ...you probably will though, since that crystal path is murderous sometimes. Good luck with that.

Psychotic
08-15-2015, 10:28 AM
UGH KIMAHRI WHY FUCK OFF GROSS RONSO

No Gunners :colbert:

Hey what I am not kind of annoying :doublecolbert:

Can't decide if I like or dislike the Machine Faction music. Not that you guys can hear it I guess.

DRUM BELLY

lol you bein learned in dat forest qurl mmm hmmm oversoul in da hole

"I am Trommell I am so sad we must atone for our sins and live with our guilt" "Cool! I'm a Sphere Hunter now! :jess:" "...what?"

Dat Matt
08-17-2015, 10:48 PM
And now for the next episode of Lets play FFX-2 HD Remastered (No Gunners Edition)!

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #8 - Can we dig it?

The answer is no, but we try our best anyway. In the last episode we ran screaming in terror from the enemies of the Macalania Woods. This time we take things a bit easier by getting lost in the desert during a sandstorm. What's the worst that could happen? It can't be worse than El Nino~

bzk1SrKyEnM

Karifean
08-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Yay, things went well! Macalania is easily the toughest area in Chapter 1, so now everything should be easy, right?

As for dresspheres for next time, I'll nominate Songstress Yuna, Gunner Rikku and Black Mage Paine. If you do something else post Moonflow mission, I'd like it if you switched someone to Gun Mage too~

Shauna
08-18-2015, 01:13 PM
Everything should be great from now on, no more problems.

We should start a betting pool - how long are we actually going to keep up with this "Viewers Vote" thing? I predict that we will stop in Chapter 2.

Psychotic
08-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Hellooooo Shauna, what's going on todaaaaaaaaaaay? Matt's silky smooth voice. True story coming up, in Tesco the other day after having just watched the other video some little girl goes "Mummy, do we need fishfingers?" and I guess she said "Yes" or whatever but for some reason I heard Matt's voice in my head saying "Yes Shauna, we all need fishfingers". I think that's the early onset of psychosis. With that said, if you could somehow work that line into an upcoming episode I'd be grateful.

Too much Ye-ing from O'aka. Stop it, you're taking the piss now.

GET OUT OF THE WAY YUNA I NEED TO BASH RIKKU gg monster gg

Sweetcakes Yuna is her new name.

Yuffie is okay at stealing now, she got a bit better. A bit.

everyone gunner god damn it

Dat Matt
08-18-2015, 09:36 PM
"Yes Shauna, we all need fishfingers".

Fish fingers are okay but they are low down on my list of wants. Mini Kievs are better

Too much Ye-ing from O'aka. Stop it, you're taking the piss now.

http://i.imgur.com/boBIZHI.jpg

everyone gunner god damn it

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0agvhkPkn1r435s9.gif

Psychotic
08-18-2015, 10:22 PM
Ye dinosaur is irrelevant, as it's the little fella that makes the piece. Pisses me off that Ye is the one who got the meme named after him and all of the attention. :colbert:

Shauna
08-18-2015, 10:25 PM
I agree, Paa is the star of the show.

Dat Matt
08-19-2015, 05:35 PM
XM6-iTiaaw0

Shauna
08-20-2015, 06:58 PM
LCE1TW6Wq0Y

It's time to meet up with everyone's favourite duck, Tobli! Wait, what do you mean he's not a duck? Check out that beak, man. Whatever.

We save Tobli's hypello friend from some bandits who aren't really trying very hard to steal anything and head to the Calm Lands to take on some really really important missions. That guy needs to find a wife, dontcha know!

Karifean
08-20-2015, 08:00 PM
>Has Matador's Song to increase everyone's evasion chance by 100%
>Has Sleepy Shuffle to knock out most opponents semi-permanently
>Uses Darkness Dance all the time
>:love:

This team is working out pretty well though.

"I miss my White Mage." Because you totally don't have a Garment Grid that gives the Cure spell to anyone who simply equips it. Also btw you never did grab the GG you get for watching the GG tutorial.

Gotta love the Gun Mage. Going out of your way to get Blue Bullets is so worth it, especially once you hit Chapter 3. Plus it needs no AP to be effective since all of its regularly learnable skills are extremely situational and not explicitly worth getting.

I assume you're using nemes1s' Perfect Game Guide? If so, fair warning, the guide blatantly skips two little optional thingies in Kilika. For one, make sure to talk to the camera guy on the boat and have him show you the new Youth League HQ. It's frustrating to miss that since if you forget to do this now in Chapter 1, you cannot get the Break Damage Limit accessory later on.

The other is the monkey finding sidequest you can do during the main story mission, where you look for 13 Squatter Monkeys in the Kilika Woods. You can also do this later (you can't even get the reward for it until Chapter 3 IIRC) but might as well.

Also just before going to Zanarkand is a good opportunity to give the Fiend Arena a try. It's the second-to-last option in Shinra's Creature Creator menu. You can do tournaments and exhibition battles against all kinds of enemies with no worries of a Game Over, and if you manage to win the first tournament you get the wonderful second new dressphere (my overall favorite) so I recommend doing it sooner rather than later.
Bring your best team though (i.e. the one you're currently using) as the enemies are still quite strong.

Shauna
08-20-2015, 08:09 PM
I may have claimed to be good at this game, but I am not good at this game. Darkness Dance works well!

You saw us considering changing up the GG, but then ultimately stuck with what we had because defence! Maybe one day we'll shake it up...

And cheers for the tips, we'll see about doing the Fiend Arena thing. Maybe even use Matador Song and Sleepy Shuffle or something, just to shake it up. x}

Jinx
08-20-2015, 09:49 PM
SO LAZY EVEN THE VIDEO HAS THE FIRE ALARM BEEPING JESUS

Shauna
08-20-2015, 09:50 PM
:shobon:

beep

Psychotic
08-22-2015, 11:37 AM
no I TOLD you to have three gunners what even is this!!! :irked:

JESUS CHRIST SHAUNA CONTROLLER DROP

Matt is a bandit of a different kind (if you know what i mean (and i think you do))

i don't want different gunners i want the same gunners EVERYONE GUN MAGE YOU FUCKS

I heard Yuna used to narrate the world map locations.

Dat Matt
08-24-2015, 10:02 PM
Have I stolen your heart yet? (Probably not because we aren't using thieves this episode)

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #10 - Bee-vell

In this exciting installment we have a wander around Bevelle and Kilika doing ~cutscenes~.

Don't worry loyal viewer, we manage to squeeze in some battles. Needless to say things really don't go well for us because of course they don't.

L8jsVtg2OEA

Karifean
08-24-2015, 11:16 PM
You can actually get a Tiara in Bevelle if you follow Baralai into the temple and talk to him once more. I don't think it gives any percentage though, and it's a trout accessory anyway, so whatever.

Squatter Monkey sidequest is literally holding the X button as you touch every pixel of the forest wall in the Kilika Forest. It's quite a silly quest. For the record, despite your passage being blocked at some points, you can still get all 13 monkeys in Chapter 1.

Do you know what's useful? Absorbing elements. Especially Lightning. Oh if only we had something to casually give a particular elemental absorption to whoever we want...

The status Yuna had there was Itchy, which blocks all commands except for spherechanging, and is immediatly cured by spherechanging as well. It's pretty annoying, but since spherechanging takes exactly 0 battle time it's not that bad.

Yay Fiend Arena :D

I love how the Flying Circus battle went perfectly well the moment you stepped up your game even just a tiny bit. The world of difference between pressing X to win and actually using strategies and having proper preparation is absolutely staggering in this game, I daresay more so here than in any other Final Fantasy game. Too bad the difficulty in this game is low enough the former is actually a workable approach -.-

The flans can be put to sleep but the Haizhe is immune. If you're redoing it offscreen, try Matador's Song. It basically makes you auto-dodge physical attacks which certainly would've helped here. Actually you're lucky you didn't run into an Amorphous Gel. There are tricks to take it out asap, but it's serious trouble if you're not careful.

Psychotic
08-26-2015, 08:17 AM
What is your deal Matt?

Baralai is pretty Bara-fly for a white Bara-guy. New Yevon is New Heaven. :flirt:

Dona could be a Gullwing, dressing like that.

I see a lot of sleeping flans, so. I didn't even know this fiend place existed xD

EVERYONE GUN MAEG

Shauna
08-26-2015, 08:30 AM
The fiend thing is new in the Internation Edition! I say new, but I mean new to us in the West.

Shauna
08-27-2015, 07:06 PM
4n8Ts_ky4yg

To Zanarkand!

Where we find that it has been turned (understandably) into a tourist attraction where former summoners take tours around all the nooks and crannies. Must be dangerous, since there are still fiends everywhere. Fiends and Leblanc's goons. And annoying children.

Also squatter monkeys with shifty eyes... they're just little cuties, right?

Jinx
08-27-2015, 07:13 PM
yuna you fucking idiot goddamnit it yuna fucking keymon are you serious

Dat Matt
08-27-2015, 07:58 PM
Look at this

Look at rikkus cold dead eyes.

Karifean
08-27-2015, 10:48 PM
Hmm, that woman probably says "Suteki da ne" in the Japanese version. Did that even have an official translation as "Isn't it wonderful" back then?

Nice choice of GGs. They sure made their presence known this episode too, huh.

You could technically get Mighty Guard and White Wind right now. Not that either of those abilities is particularly useful until later in the game.

Gun Mage is pretty great. In terms of sheer damage bursts no other dressphere consistently beats it except for Mascot. Gotta know where to find your Blue Bullets though. Without them it's more of a pretty trout dressphere.

Ah Key-Mon, classic translation issue. You just can't equate the Japanese language at wordplays no matter how hard you try. Never would've noticed Rikku's eyes without Spoony pointing them out though.

One Matador's Song and the Behemoth never again hit a physical attack. Have I mentioned I love this ability?

I like the new Zanarkand Ruins music. It's calming but conveys the total change it's gone through since FFX.

Don't know if you'll get to start the Kilika mission next episode, but if you do, I'll nominate Songstress Yuna, Thief Rikku, Warrior Paine. Back to the roots ^^
Although now that you've gotten better at using the Songstress to build up another one from scratch.

Psychotic
08-29-2015, 09:09 AM
I like the dialogue with the "Zanarkand such a deep and mysterious place where summoners passed on their pilgrimages. How fabulous!" and "I'm like, soooo touched". One of the cleverer pieces of work from Square here imho.

WHY NOT ALL GUN MAGE ARRRGH

Yeah I think Blue Peter will always be a thing. I think it's shit and trying to be trendy (as it always does) but it'll never die.

Hamtaro. I nodded. Also yep Mon guy has a really low PER stat. OH GOD RIKKU DEAD FACE WTF

Fuck you, jumbled items are cool. :colbert: Just for that, THREE WHITE MAGES NEXT EPISODE YOU JERK.

actually change that, two white mages and dancer Yuna. I can't help but sing along with her when the party wins :3:

Shauna
08-29-2015, 09:48 AM
Nice choice of GGs. They sure made their presence known this episode too, huh.

In varying degrees of success... xD

Never would've noticed Rikku's eyes without Spoony pointing them out though.

I have never not noticed them. Haunting my nightmares since age 13.

I like the dialogue with the "Zanarkand such a deep and mysterious place where summoners passed on their pilgrimages. How fabulous!" and "I'm like, soooo touched". One of the cleverer pieces of work from Square here imho.

They really captured how we on this side of the planet talk.

WHY NOT ALL GUN MAGE ARRRGH

Because rules. :colbert:

Fuck you, jumbled items are cool. :colbert:

They are absolutely not. xD

Jinx
08-29-2015, 03:53 PM
Never would've noticed Rikku's eyes without Spoony pointing them out though.

I have never not noticed them. Haunting my nightmares since age 13.

Same. *shiver*

Dat Matt
08-31-2015, 10:27 PM
At least Issaru's face isn't terrifying.

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #12 - Guns and Songs

So in this episode we have a sing song, and shoot some guns. Clearly our next step is to have a singing gunner. Maybe there is a sphere in that will fill this purpose in Zanarkand?

jepIUO6Z_Zo

Karifean
08-31-2015, 11:12 PM
Holy shit that was a little hilarious. Damocles Photon seems to be doing half of your max HP in damage so doubling them before it hits was a surprisingly bad choice.

Songstress Songs do indeed stack up, you can stack them up to 10 times, the only exceptions being Perfect Pitch and Matador's Song which have their full effect after only one use. The songs are pretty powerful though, stacking up the defensive songs reduces the damage you take pretty massively.

Never knew Carnival Cancan heals 1/4 of your current HP either. Interesting stuff.

Psychotic
09-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Shauna got #rekt

Shauna
09-01-2015, 04:30 PM
I did. :(

Dat Matt
09-01-2015, 05:08 PM
And you all thought I was bad at FFX HD. Shauna takes it to a new level

Shauna
09-03-2015, 07:48 PM
r31_QPryD_0

Take that jerk we ain't afraid of you you ain't no thang TAKE THAT!

Sacred Beast taken down, we lose all choice in what to do next and end up at Kilika, which is a bit of a disaster zone, for a number of reasons. Noojie-Woojie, Parties, Easier(ish) battles... It's all happening on the island!

Karifean
09-03-2015, 09:18 PM
THREE WHITE MAGES NEXT EPISODE YOU JERK.

actually change that, two white mages and dancer Yuna. I can't help but sing along with her when the party wins :3:

Gee, great tunnel vision there MATT, casually ignoring the most important part of the post. :colbert:

Just for that, three Songstresses next mission after Besaid you jerk.

Unless you grab Psychic before then, in which case all is forgiven and I'll nominate three Psychics instead. ;)

Kinda funny how strong Rikku is compared to Paine even though she's a Thief.

If you want to use garment grid gate bonuses - which are actually really damn good btw - it may not be a bad idea to turn off spherechanging animations. The game will still play any spherechange animations you haven't viewed before, but skip the ones you have.

Doesn't look like the boss of this mission is gonna be any sort of trouble.

Psychotic
09-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Kill the fucking bee Shauna! Shauna screaming Paine while bees are about is very MGS3.

No no no! Songstress Yuna, thief Paine, Warrior Rikku.

Shauna
09-04-2015, 07:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qrLEV.gif

Dat Matt
09-05-2015, 05:03 PM
No no no! Songstress Yuna, thief Paine, Warrior Rikku.

_X6VoFBCE9k

Dat Matt
09-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #14 - In Which We Dance... Again

In this episode of lets play FFX-2 HD Remaster, we beat up some old dudes and steal their magic balls. Little do we know that this magic ball is filled with terror. What better way to break the tension than by dancing? Paine doesn't join in though, what an emo!

/vNKaz3GOJlg

Dat Matt
09-07-2015, 08:36 PM
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a498/Sheetlebug/EoFF%20Stuff/014_zpsxeh5jcwp.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNKaz3GOJlg&feature=youtu.be

It's time~

Psychotic
09-08-2015, 06:05 PM
CARVED!

Drumbelly sounds like you two.

Yuna dropping the H-Bomb. Alice, Alice, who the heck is Alice?

Matt fucking nailed his black mage dress sphere guy impression.

PICK NEW YEVON I DON'T CARE ABOUT 100%

Mr. Carnelian
09-09-2015, 10:07 AM
New Yevon sucks.

The Youth League sucks too, but not as much.

Pick Youth League! You have to for 100% anyway.

Shauna
09-10-2015, 04:10 PM
We know.

Shauna
09-10-2015, 11:05 PM
fvWLLtBMdFQ

We have made our decision! The lucky faction who are getting the evil sphere are... well, you better watch to find out!

We also learn more about the great monster in the sphere and are rudely robbed while away from the airship! Before we deal with the crooks though, better head to Besaid to shoot down the massive ego of the new leader of the friendly neighbourhood Aurochs!

Psychotic
09-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Nobody I know gave it to The Youth League because they're fucking fascists. Apart from Shauna. Who is a fascist. It's stupid that they give you a "choice" but there is actually a wrong choice because of percentage. Ridic.

I AM BECLEM AND I AM RUDE AND HARSH what cheap heat interestingly you can dress up like him in record keeper:
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Equipment_Rarity%202_Crusader%20Mask%20%28X%29
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Equipment_Rarity%202_Crusader%20Cuirass%20%28X%29

QUITE WHY I don't know but you can

Shauna
09-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Yeah, it would have been better if you could have chosen either and still got 100%. You've got a whole bunch of random weird little sidequests to complete, just let us make the choice between which faction we want to support!

I am not a fascist. :colbert:

As an aside, The Shaunas are going to Barcelona. There will be at most a week break here! Just rewatch all the existing episodes, or check out some of the other great stuff on our channel. :3

Dat Matt
09-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #14 - A Family Friendly Show

You know the old trope of going to a dinner party and being ridiculed because you are wearing the same outfit as someone else? We here at the Dullwings can't relate to that because we never made it to that party. We are mocked are the door and turned away by the bouncers. To get in, I guess we just gotta beat up ladies and steal their clothes from them.

Wait what?

gDMBVyQdCMs

Karifean
09-21-2015, 11:24 PM
Phew, finally caught up.

I'd have thought it best if you couldn't reach 100% in one run with either of them. It'd have the implicit effect of stopping people from doing such a stressful run their first time, as it just turns a game of fun exploration with a ton of secrets and eastereggs to be found into an annoying grind. Besides you can reach more than 100% anyways, it'd have been fine if you just needed to actually see everything (both YL and NY side) to get it maxed out.

The Youth League are such assholes sometimes. New Yevon aren't great either but they're not THAT bad. Plus it's convenient to give the sphere to New Yevon anyways since it gives you access to two Garment Grids you can't get otherwise, and you don't have to fight random guards in the final Chapter 2 mission. New Yevon all the way.

I never really cared for Gunner's Gauntlet until I played the Remaster where I maxed it out for the trophy and Adamantite. I find it interesting how it has you regulating the spawn rate of enemies by how far forward you advance in the waterfall section. Too far forward and you get overwhelmed, too far back and you lose out on points. But besides that it's not really the most engaging of minigames. Just a fun little distraction.

Fuck yes Psychic. Such an awesome dressphere. It's main fault is a lack of strong offensive moves (although Teleport + Time Trip + 2x Maser Eye is nothing to sneer at), but that can be made up for. Especially with the stupidly powerful Samurai's Honor GG you get around this time.

I vote Songstress Yuna, Gun Mage Rikku and Psychic Paine. Although there's probably not much fighting next episode.

Shauna
09-22-2015, 01:22 PM
Requiring two runs would have been way better to get 100%. Then you'd actually get to see all the different options and whatnot. But hey ho, you can do all the boring boring things to get it on one run, which we will be doing 90% of off-camera because running around talking to people for marriage and PR points is totally dullsville and not worth including in the LP proper.

I am glad we took a bit of time to get psychic, it is pretty cool.

And we will take your nominations into account for the next battle-heavy part. This last episode is how I best envisioned this LP - doing a mission per episode.

Psychotic
09-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Oh I like Psychic! Keep it! And keep Songstress. Make Rikku whatever highest level you have for her, I'm nice like that.

Paine looks like a member of Fingerbang.

GOD I LOVE THIS SONG (battle with LeBlanc song - I'll show you something hot? I think?) always makes me want to throw down with a fat bloke and Severus Snape.

Dat Matt
09-28-2015, 10:37 PM
Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #17 - Let Me Teleport, You Dick!

In this episode we discover we begin the endless fun that is chocobo catching. Our goal this week is to break into it gently and capture the Wonderful Chocobo near the Icicle Inn and then get him raced up a few times. There is a long road ahead of us but I think we can fit it in one episode.

What do you mean some English guy already did that on our channel? What a jerk.

ytGu-qGcyrg

Karifean
09-29-2015, 02:32 AM
Oh great, one of the most boring missions in the game.

For some reason I always got all the mediocre items, and always got as many feathers as possible so they become the best items possible, not that I ever used them. OCD is a bitch.

Okay let me explain the guess-the-direction thing. If you keep on guessing right, not missing more than once, you catch the chocobo. It's pure luck and stupidly unlikely, but if you didn't ever miss him (or just once) before he loses his concentration, you'd want to miss him once (or twice) on purpose so you don't catch him instantly. At least if you're going for 100% in one run or want to blame Rikku in the mystery, otherwise screw all that and do whatever you want.

Don't you love how you're sent out to capture THE ONE ULTRA-RARE CHOCOBO and then you see like half a dozen of them not two minutes after you caught it?

Teleport ftw. Although the real MVP of the Psychic skillset is Telekinesis, which is absolutely stupid against non-bosses. It pretty much never misses, ever, unless the enemy is specifically resistant to it, which almost none of them are. Probably gonna make the next mission quite a bit easier (those goddamn Queen Coeurls are such a pain).

Man that Chocobo Eater doesn't know which way he wants to be facing. He even outright missed an attack thanks to Teleport which was pretty hilarious.

The maker of the guide was a bit overly paranoid at the end of the mission. You're not gonna be messing up unless you deliberately skip the scene with Start-Square. Pressing X ain't gonna steal you no percentage or culprit condition. Better to be safe than sorry though I suppose.

Next up is Calm Lands I'm guessing. Let's max out what we got I guess and go with Songstress Yuna, Gunner Rikku, Psychic Paine.

Psychotic
09-29-2015, 01:05 PM
I have zero forgiveness for the episode skip, no. Fuck y'all. Whatever it was that Matt said.

Why is Rikku so incompetent? and GOD I hate the chocobo theme on X-2. Also Rikku is seventeen Shauna, gosh, that makes it perfectly okay for Matt to chap her hide.

I thought Rikku said "RETARD!" and was like "OH NO SHE DI'N'T :eek:" but she di'n't, she said recharge :shobon:

Shauna
09-29-2015, 01:11 PM
Just looking at the description for Telekinesis I was wary of ever using it because instant death moves never work in my experience, but if it's almost always successful then that is pretty cool.

We were commenting during the editing process how terrible the chocobo theme is. FFX-2 has a lot of great tunage, but damn that is not one of them.

And it is never okay for any hides to be chapped. Ever.

Shauna
10-01-2015, 11:17 PM
cPqWUoNYT88

Ah the Calm Lands...

Today they're anything but as we help Clasko follow his dreams! Into a fiend infested lair. Not to worry though, we have some OP skills that will help us breeze through. Or so we think...

Karifean
10-02-2015, 12:11 AM
Telekinesis is pretty chill. I was surprised to see it missing that Queen Coeurl though. I suppose I was just a higher level at that point since that's a big influence on status effect hit rate.

Haste is interesting in this game. It actually only increases your ATB speed by like 5% or so; but it doubles your animation speed. So it makes a massive difference on physical attackers but not so much on magic users.

No worries, you don't have to be 'perfect' or anything like that in that mission. It gets easier the more you mess up, but that doesn't affect completion at all.

I love how the "boss" of this mission is completely trivialized by using Water Eater. Or Reflect, for that matter.

Ah the chocobo farm... I really don't care for how they did it in this game. None of the rewards are any good besides the two optional dungeons. Speaking of which you can actually get started on the quest for the Ruin Cave right now which could save you quite a bit of grinding down the road. Well even if you don't feel like it, stocking up on Gysahl Greens is still a good idea since besides being usable for catching the occasional chocobo, mixing them is a free Mega Potion.

Next time let's try the new guy. Songstress Yuna, Alchemist Rikku, Warrior Paine. While I don't really care for the Alchemist (and probably won't nominate it ever again) it deserves to at least be shown.

Good luck on tower calibrating. For the sake of your sanity just do the first five towers perfectly and instantly abort the latter five, except for Tower 10 if you got a pen and paper (because screw legitimacy). Give Tower 7 a shot if you feel like screaming in anger. How well you calibrate the towers actually influences the items you get in Chapter 5. The only really interesting rewards are the ones for Towers 4, 5 and 10, which are a Champion Belt, Regal Crown and Ribbon respectively; all pretty great accessories. The first three also give Elixirs and Megalixirs and they're easy so why not. Towers 6 through 9 however give total trout rewards and are definitely not worth your time. Definitely go for the Garment Grid as described in the guide though. If you take the 30 seconds to go through all gates on it you get a quite absurd boost in Strength which decimates strong opponents pretty nicely.

Psychotic
10-03-2015, 12:50 PM
ClaskoxYuna. I ship it. (I don't really. I don't even have a ship. Or a rubber dinghy)

Man I hate Coeurls too, good for you Shauna you've gone up in my estimation.

Ronso just wear speedo, that is wrong. Bad Ronso. This is why they're subhuman. #seymourwasright

Shauna
10-03-2015, 03:25 PM
The Shaunas do not endorse any hashtags that promote genocide.

Dat Matt
10-03-2015, 03:31 PM
Paul and Shauna don't understand hashtags. The Correct one in this circumstance is #sexyseymourwasright.

Brother too ships ClaskoxYuna, but only because he is the pilot sending them from places to places.

Dat Matt
10-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Double Posting like a baus

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #19 - Thunder Pain

In this episode, we apologise far too much. Which is understandable as we are terrible and also awful at pressing the correct buttons at the correct times.

At least the music is good, right?

pU4P_CPrV20

Karifean
10-05-2015, 10:50 PM
You know you can use mix and items (and I'm not referring to Stash) more regularly with an Alchemist. You have more than enough items to throw around and the battles are less monotonous that way.

Personally I prefer the Alchemist's passive abilities over its Stash, but it seems that's a rather unpopular opinion.

I find it funny that the non-oversoul elemental was immune to Ice magic, but the oversoul version took damage just fine.

Armor Break does actually stack up, looks like that enemy was just resistant to it. At Defense -10 you do almost double damage. Conversely at Defense +10 enemies only take 1/6 of the usual damage which makes folks who love to spam Defense Up a major pain in the ass. Attack Up/Down works the same way btw, Attack -10 makes you do 1/6 regular damage, Attack +10 nearly doubles it.

Urgh I'd forgotten how slow those Yuna towers are.

I never thought about it before, but who the hell calibrates lightning rod towers by striking them with their daggers or sword or shooting them with a gun.

Haha oh that Tower 5. What a troll, hijacking the last quarter of the episode like that. Good luck on the other ones if you decide to give them a shot.

FYI Tower 10 is across the big lake on the left side in the northern half. It's easy to miss if you don't know about it. Grab a pen and paper or something though, it's quite the intense mental exercise otherwise (at least for me :P).

Shauna
10-06-2015, 08:43 AM
I am sure we'll give them all a go, and we will definitely need all the luck we can muster.

Psychotic
10-07-2015, 06:45 PM
TAME IT! I've had the sodding airship music from this game stuck in my head and I know who is responsible :colbert:

Actually Matt is right, they do get naked when they transform. There is like an inch of nudity on all of the models as the change goes from feet to head, and there are nude character models on disc as a result. DON'T ASK HOW I KNOW THAT :shifty: There used to be a FFX and X-2 model viewer and manipulator back in the day. Before Shauna gets excited and over stimulated, the nude models were just like barbie dolls with no details.

Bulltrout, Shauna says shooting the breeze all the time. I remember in Edinburgh "Och aye, I was just shooting the breeze with handicap ghost".

I forgot how much I dislike the Thunder Plains music in X-2.

how is calibrating towers hard

HOW IS IT HARD SHAUNA NOT YOU AS WELL

ok these later ones are getting kinda tricky i retract my statement

Shauna
10-08-2015, 07:46 PM
5frOvllHePk

Another day, another dollar. Or gil. Whatever.

This week on Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2, we make a lot of cash to help us out going forward! But, there's the typical grind to get to that point, as always. But it's fine, the Gullwings don't have anything better to do with their time anyway!

Shauna
10-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Also I have been playing all along, Matt tricked you last episode!

Now, let me get back to finding that FFX-2 model program...

Karifean
10-08-2015, 10:41 PM
Geez Shauna way to turn around right before you reach the woman.

I actually really don't like this mission for one simple reason: the fact that you have to get it perfect for the Moonflow Episode Complete. It's so silly because there's no real indication as to how much the people will pay and getting it wrong just once is one time too many already. Oh well, at least it's a cheap 12500 Gil (or at least 7500) if you do have a guide.

I remember once resetting the game over and over again to get the highest reward for the Guadosalam data quest. I never did it again since. It's so tedious, and you usually wind up with enough Gil to pay off O'aka's debts anyways.

I really did forget about dressphere recommendations! Then I'll just go ahead and nominate Songstress Yuna, Gunner Rikku, Psychic Paine.

Psychotic
10-09-2015, 06:58 PM
Megabutt. Bahabutt's overdrive.

...stop saying Tobli like that.

YES, SONGSTRESS YUNA FOREVERRRRR :flirt:

I recommend BLACK MAGE RIKKU. How about that.

Shauna
10-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Are we not saying Tobli the way the game does?

Psychotic
10-09-2015, 09:40 PM
In casual conversation sure, but there was a period where you were both yelling it strangely.

Dat Matt
10-12-2015, 08:08 PM
Look at Mr. "I can't pronounce things correctly" here telling us we're wrong

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #21 - Look Ma, I'm on TV!

Do any of the main characters even have mothers? No? Okay.

Anyways, we crash land into Luca to see what's up and get forced into an impromptu interview. Little did we know that it was going to be cut short by the best character in the game, Brother~ Shauna still seems to disapprove of him for some reason though, she must just hate mohawks.

CVZHeTFpJrk

Depression Moon
10-12-2015, 08:36 PM
I miss this battle system so much. I can't wait until I can get a job, a good one so I can start playing stuff I've missed plus the new stuff.

Karifean
10-13-2015, 02:38 PM
The O'aka infinite gil trick seems like a strange oversight. Maybe it was even intentional. Doesn't matter too much since I can only think of one time where you actually need gil to get something, and by then you have way better ways to make gil fast.

The Den of Woe is such a creepy place. It's one of my favorite missions in the game though. The exploring it part, not the opening it part, that part's a major pain in the ass and is way too easy to screw up.

My god Yuna and Rikku are so annoying in this scene. Poor Paine XD

Dayum, you're doing quite a good amount of damage. I remember back in Chapter 1 these enemies took forever.

At some point I stopped bothering to sneak past the Ochus. It's not like they're hard.

I do like the many parallel stories of FFX-2 as well. It really feels like you're just dropped back in Spira and allowed to watch it progress to your liking.

Still forgot to pick up the Garment Grid off the cliff in the YLHQ.

Where the hell did Nooj get that random sphere of Paine just running around, I wonder? Actually screw that, how did THAT sphere become a part of the seal on the Den of Woe? I guess you can theorize that the guys sealing the cave just picked up Paine's camcorder and took all the spheres in it to make the seal, but... that creates issues in and of itself so I dunno...

Psychotic
10-13-2015, 09:07 PM
What kind of tablet is yours, Matt?

Lucile x Elmer or whatever 4eva :flirt:

Ixtli
10-14-2015, 07:39 PM
It was fun playing through these again!

Shauna
10-15-2015, 09:25 PM
LnpqGWJI9a8

Oh woe is us, the Macalania Woods are dying and it is much too sad of an affair for us to focus on so let's think about that party Tobli wants to throw instead. Distracted from the dying forest yet? No? Well, how about you play matchmaker to a bunch of rascally monkeys with silly names to save a historical monument being a tourist attraction? NOW KISS MONKEYS!

Karifean
10-15-2015, 10:13 PM
Goddamnit YRP how do you manage to identify this one hypello as the guy you helped in Chapter 1.

I'm pretty sure the musicians from the concert are different from the ones in this mission. At least in the German version I distinctly noticed their names being different.

Time Trip useless, what the hell are you smoking?

Ah crap I totally forgot to tell you about the submission here. If you get all three small musicians during the hunt you can grab a pretty neat Garment Grid in Chapter 3. The first two you found but the third is on the regular path below the crystal path.

Oh gooood the monkey mating mission. Worst mission in the game, period. It may be neat the first time but when you've play the game as many times as I have, doing it every time you want to get an Episode Complete in Zanarkand is goddamn boring. It wouldn't be so bad if you could just pick up any of the monkeys and didn't have to go in a specific order. The calming Zanarkand Ruins theme is the only thing saving this from being extremely tedious.

Since you have a Soul of Thamasa now, might as well use a Black Mage, eh? Songstress Yuna, White Mage Rikku, Black Mage Paine. God help you if you run into an enemy who's resistant to magic.

Psychotic
10-16-2015, 07:44 PM
Yeah those forest critters are a barrel of smurfing laughs. We're soon going to meet our end! Toot toot! :jess:

"We had a discussion and Yuna can't reach Songstress until Chapter 5 so we're probably going to have to move her onto something else" HAHAHAHAHAH NOPE, SONGSTRESS FOREVER

"Isaaru isn't a jerk" yes he is Shauna. He is actually a meme on the Record Keeper community because of what a prick he is. Is Isaaru memes? Yes. Yes he is. YOUR AEONS AGAINST MINE. smurf off Isaaru you prick.

Find the EoFF monkey partners:

Ctrl Manslaughter
Dis Rugg
Shirt Sleeve Spitter of the Good Planet

Goddamnit YRP how do you manage to identify this one hypello as the guy you helped in Chapter 1..Because they're not racists and don't think all hypellos look the same unlike SOME PEOPLE I COULD EVIDENTLY NAME :colbert:

Dat Matt
10-16-2015, 09:04 PM
Your memes against mine.

Incidently this is memes

sFM3FXHpvis

Karifean
10-16-2015, 09:22 PM
Goddamnit YRP how do you manage to identify this one hypello as the guy you helped in Chapter 1..Because they're not racists and don't think all hypellos look the same unlike SOME PEOPLE I COULD EVIDENTLY NAME :colbert:

Tobli's assistant looks identical to a large amount of other hypellos!

But really I'm just salty I can't tell them apart myself :(

Dat Matt
10-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Kari "I don't differentiate Spiran Races" fean over here. You may have a last name but by Joe if I know it.

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #23 - The Fanservice Episode

On this week, we've reached a milestone as the channel has reached 1k subscribers. The Shaunas offer our celebrations the only way we know how, terrible banter, getting lost and requesting help from the fans and general tomfoolery. At least we see some bums.

eZBV8uYbQ5o

Karifean
10-20-2015, 01:19 AM
Hey, I'm not racist, I'm just meta.

It would be really weird if you called me by my proper last name yet still used Karifean as my first name y'know. (https://www.facebook.com/Karifean)

Congrats on the 1k ^^

You forgot the two chests you can reach in Kilika. The ones with trout contents.

Ah you made a mistake with the Ronso. The woman next to Kimahri requires you to pick the first option, not the second. Oh well, so much for the Yuna statue.

Mastered Yuna's Songstress! Nice! Now we can move on to the next!

"You mean we're supposed to climb THIS?" Hey, look at Leblanc's Goons, climbing is too boring for them so they just JUMP up the freaking wall.

Would you look at that, Matador's Song and Dirty Dancing in a fight without physical attacks, the only type of attack affected by these moves. Matt, your strategies are impeccable.

You're scaring the poor platform. You need to geeeently walk up to it and then jump on it when its guard is down!

Just pointing this out, you have a strange habit of using full-party cures even when there's clearly only one party member in (dire) need of curing.

Jesus these guys hit hard. Might have something to do with having no characters with any physical defense to speak of. :greenie:

I believe up there is actually area from the very beginning of the game. Might be wrong on that though, I just know it's SOMEWHERE around here.

Oh god what are you doing why are you going back down it's right up there you just need to walk there it was literally two steps away from you gaaaaaaaah.

White Fangs are such assholes. They sometimes decide to just use Killer Fang and instantly KO one of your fighters. It's especially fun when you run into three of them and they all use it on their first turn. Screw these guys.

Hello fanservice.

WHERE THE HELL DID THAT UNIFORM COME FROM. Maybe it was in one of the FemGoon's nonexistant pockets. Or maybe... it's Ormi's. There's some nightmare fuel for you.

Bye fanservice.

Oh you still have to fight the guys, you just get to fight them separately with the privilege of healing at the save sphere between the fights.

I nominate Psychic Yuna, Songstress Rikku, Gun Mage Paine. Now that you know the skillset and which of them you use, picking the bread & butter abilities should be easier, right?

Shauna
10-20-2015, 01:21 PM
Ah you made a mistake with the Ronso. The woman next to Kimahri requires you to pick the first option, not the second. Oh well, so much for the Yuna statue.

I knew there was a different option for one of the Ronso the first time around. I knew it. But I trusted Matt and he just leads me down dark paths. :(

Would you look at that, Matador's Song and Dirty Dancing in a fight without physical attacks, the only type of attack affected by these moves. Matt, your strategies are impeccable.

Maaaaatttttttt :argh: tbh the first time I probably did it out of habit, but the rest of the time it's totally Matt's fault for suggesting poor ideas.

Just pointing this out, you have a strange habit of using full-party cures even when there's clearly only one party member in (dire) need of curing.

It is entirely intentional, I am aware I was doing this. It was really just so when the Cura was prepping, the onslaught of attacks would be getting healed also. Although usually Paine was the one taking an age to cast. :greenie:

Oh god what are you doing why are you going back down it's right up there you just need to walk there it was literally two steps away from you gaaaaaaaah.

I do this every time I play the game, and probably will do so forever.

Oh you still have to fight the guys, you just get to fight them separately with the privilege of healing at the save sphere between the fights.

Yes, we discovered this as we took literally one step to the left, and then promptly switched off the PS3. xD

Psychotic
10-20-2015, 09:01 PM
Shauna's mum is subscribed to my bed :cool:

SONGSTRESS FOREEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR~

Seymour is only half Guado so why aren't they kicking human butt too? Stupid Ronso. #seymourwasright

I was slicing some toast into soldiers (yes I still and always eat with you on, king robert or no) and then Shauna said "Terra, not terror!" and I screwed my eyes up, grinned and looked upwards. I don't know why. It gave me some wonky soldiers.

A GIANT ENEMY CRAB LIVES UP THERE

So my initial thought was "Why did they just happen to have bikinis on them when they went to the frozen mountain?" but then I was like "Well Rikku wears one all the time anyway" but then I realised "It's a different one! She carries two yellow bikinis with her at all times!" and then I realised "Oh wait it's a one piece" and now I don't know what to think.

Dat Matt
10-22-2015, 09:05 PM
No Episode tonight. Recording failed.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/BlTZyHV0kAY/hqdefault.jpg

It was a hell of an episode too.

Shauna
10-22-2015, 09:09 PM
We are real good at this thing. Watch this space! :3

Dat Matt
10-26-2015, 10:04 PM
It ain't broke no more, Maybe

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #24 - Speedrun

In this action packed episode of Lets Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD we finish up a whole two Missions in record time. It's our shortest episode yet!

Maybe we should have put a clip show together of our best moments to fill up the rest of the time...

-2-pg0Wo-ns

Karifean
10-26-2015, 11:12 PM
Tricks of the trade, yay~

Angra Mainyu is a neat superboss. He's not particularly tough and you can get him into a loop pretty easily once you know how it's done, but it's a fun fight.

Azi Dahaka is an interesting way of forcing you to do a puzzle while still giving you an out if you really don't want to. The whole musical puzzle is pretty tedious so I usually just fight him too. Plus I find it hilarious how you can just jump right over the red lines of You Shall Not Pass.

Brother is not terrible! He's the best blitzer in Spira! Well he used to be two years ago, I suppose. Plus he has the best fighting style I've ever seen. Gotta give him credit for that. You could put him in your party for a change.

So next time, massage. Fun fact about that minigame, you can get two rewards from it depending on if you beat it without continuing or if you fail at least once. And the one where you fail once is actually the better accessory. The item for acing the game is the Gold Hairpin which halves MP cost, while the item for not acing the game is the Heady Perfume which gives you good stat increases as well as HP/MP Stroll. And my god, HP/MP Stroll is godlike in this game. Slap it on a Gunner and watch as they Scattershot each and every single random encounter into oblivion. It's hilarious. The Gold Hairpin is technically better for *single* fights while the Heady Perfume is better for lots of random fights, but there are hardly any fights difficult enough to justify using the Gold Hairpin to begin with. So Heady Perfume all the way. Plus the Heady Perfume is unique and can not be obtained anywhere else, so for completionists that should be the deciding factor anyways.

I nominate Gunner Yuna, Songstress Rikku, Black Mage Paine.

Psychotic
10-27-2015, 02:05 PM
Matt's impression hurts me :colbert:

Shauna
10-29-2015, 10:16 PM
NdnilnzlShM

After our quick trip previously, we find ourselves in it for the long haul in Leblanc's manor in Guadosalam. The Shaunas reminisce about the history of this grand building, while they give massages to their enemies. Wait, wasn't the fanservice episode a few weeks ago? And does Yuna even have any qualifications for such things?

Karifean
10-29-2015, 11:27 PM
Seeing Leblanc go all deredere was pretty hilarious for me first time through.

Are FemGoons all trained in massages or do they just tell a random one to do it and hope for the best? With that in mind, failing the first attempt by continuously picking blues turns out quite ironic. Stop assigning massage duty to the first random FemGoon you see, idiots!

Seriously, what the hell YRP. Getting out of your disguise right then and there makes it really comical how you're found out LITERALLY TWO STEPS LATER.

Sure, ignore the amazing golden accessory you just acquired, SHAUNA.

Yeah, Yuna hasn't been doing much except singing and dancing. And it's been pretty helpful.

It's really annoying that Trigger Happy target switching takes so absurdly long. You need Trigger Happy Lv. 2 or 3 to get even so much as a single shot off.

That chest is such a tease. Goddamn story-gameplay-segregation.

Did you really just use a Mega-Phoenix!?

And there goes the Leblanc trio's final fight. I really wish they had a proper boss fight in the Arena, but we got the Weak Squad instead. They're still pretty cool, but a massively powerful No Love Lost would've been a real sight to behold. Logos is one of the best party members to capture through Creature Create btw. Dude attacks crazy fast.

You know with how Vegnagun is supposedly super-sensitive they were damn lucky that not one of the guards was like "well trout that thing looks ugly" or else they'd immediatly have a massive uncontrollable weapon on the loose.

Yuna's Ballad! Such a beautiful track.

Would be nice if you could do the whole Bevelle mission in one episode, although it might be a bit long for that. Don't forget to pick up the Bloodlust and Wring accessories while you're there, they're pretty neato and fun to use every once in a while (the latter more so than the former).

I nominate Psychic Yuna (that style~), Songstress Rikku and Gunner Paine for Bevelle. There's a good Blue Bullet you can get down there from Baralai, but knowing you you'd never use it anyway, plus it's a bit of a pain to get.

Shauna
10-30-2015, 09:31 AM
yes i used a mega-phoenix i will never live this down

Psychotic
10-31-2015, 12:39 PM
I will pay for a massage from the Shaunas. Not very much mind you but currency is currency.

I like how Shauna is trying to moralise the stealing of the sphere. Fuck that, they're villains and they stole from us first. And besides, Rikku's whole freakin' job thing is Thief, sooooo :colbert:

I never thought I'd see the day I'd get tired of the Leblanc battle music. ...and I still haven't! :jess:

hello welcome to my mansion make yourself at home don't mind the random spiked blocks roaming the halls do you want to see my sphere collection

Dat Matt
11-02-2015, 10:52 PM
So we did our recording there and inteneded to post it tonight. Unfortunately it ended up being 68 minutes long and Shauna and I now hate each other so update tomorrow~

Shauna
11-05-2015, 08:15 PM
And by tomorrow we meant Thursday because it took about 5 hours to process the videos properly and then we were out last night so.

9SmLf0We8g8

Today on the LeBlanc show, LeBlanc takes control and tells us where we need to go using her LeBlanc branded airship. Or so she'd like to believe before she scarpers with her goons.

In the meanwhile, Yuna and co start their trek through the underbelly of Bevelle. They'll manage to get it all done fairly promptly, right?

Nah, TO BE CONTINUED!

Karifean
11-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Yuna has hardly worn any dresspheres besides Songstress so yeah.

Holy crap those Trigger Happies (totally a valid pluralization) tore through that mech like crazy.

Hey come on Psychic Yuna is awesome. Love that dark Psychic design.

It's pretty silly how easily you can get down into Bevelle's secret depths. But suspension of disbelief and all that. Kinda like how you might ask why you can suddenly just walk on the paths in the temple whereas you needed a platform before.

Oh fuck they don't know what Pointless is... this is going to be such a waste of EXP...

Haha oh my god the lizard jumps at you and suddenly you're in a fight with two completely different lizards. Get your enemy models straight FFX-2.

I do like the eerie music of this place.

Haha Poison Fang hit Yuna so you'll be curing Pointless along with it. Sometimes things just work out nicely.

That is such an inconspicuous treasure chest in the corner that I kept missing it all the time for way too long.

And that's Bevelle Cloisters. Best part about this area is that you get really damn good accessories if you come back here in the next chapters.

Next up, the Bevelle Depths. I nominate Gunner Yuna, Songstress Rikku, Psychic Paine, because Matt wanted it so. Are you planning on doing the whole puzzle, with optional rewards?

Shauna
11-05-2015, 10:53 PM
As I watched through this video I saw that Yuna had pointless way back when I cured Rikku of poison. Missed it entirely when I was playing, because of course I did.

And you'll see what we end up doing with the Bevelle Depths...

Psychotic
11-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Girly man!? MISOGYNY ALERT LOGOS GEEZ

Yeah I'm a youth league spy in my regular fucking clothes. Douche.

Flying cat ears schoolgirl Yuna makes me feel a little bit sick.

Dat Matt
11-07-2015, 02:53 PM
The Depths is going to be a great episode because this was originally one segment. I just don't know where to stop episodes and we powered through.

Shauna did not approve.

Dat Matt
11-09-2015, 09:05 PM
We are pretty awful in this episode. Like not kidding you might wanna brace yourself.

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #23 - Mistakes Were Made

In this episode of lets play FFX-2 HD nothing goes right.

We made the mistake of not resting at the save point and it all goes downhill from there. Watch as we continue to get literally nothing right and Shauna gets more and more frustrated as the seconds tick on.

At least we didn't miss anything important and/or useful...

mySg6XBbfUw

Karifean
11-09-2015, 11:22 PM
So this is the "trainwreck episode", huh? Let's see how this works out.

I always found it funny how you casually fight the Chapter 1 endboss a couple times in a row here.

You can actually go back up the chains behind the other towers (not the one you came down at) too and find treasures. Took me freaking forever to realize.

That chained Maser Eye is pretty strong.

The gaol puzzle can be pretty annoying if you don't know how it's done, and it's just incredibly easy if you do since the pattern is completely static and repeats every five rotations. It's worth doing either way cause the Wring is just a damn good accessory. Fun combo is Gunner + Wring -> Enchanted Ammo spam. Pretty powerful.

The goddamn Dark Knight puzzle can go smurf itself though. It's pretty damn silly.

You can go back for that Ribbon you skipped next chapter. You were on the right track, but you just kinda left before moving the platforms in their proper place.

Well that wasn't so bad. I was half-expecting you to suddenly Game Over after spending all that time on puzzles. :jess:

Next up, probably one of the most difficult storyline bosses in this game. And also one of the easiest.

Shauna
11-11-2015, 09:11 PM
I mean, it wasn't much of a car crash - it was more that we wanted to go to bed and Matt was being bad at navigating us around the dungeon and I was getting impatient with all the happenings. The machina puzzle could have went better, too.

Shauna
11-12-2015, 08:07 PM
zBEKdO-xVTc

No more bickering! Time to get this game PLAYED! The Shaunas put aside past differences and come together to get the excellent Dark Knight dressphere, and kick all sorts of Chapter 2 bosses. No problems here! Well, sort of...

Karifean
11-12-2015, 09:14 PM
I like how it's so completely obvious that the basilisk was going to use Stony Glare as well as who it's targeting.

Yup, Baralai is probably the biggest spike in difficulty in this game. He's super fast, saps your MP and stops you like it's nothing. I love how he sincerely apologized when he killed you though.

And yes, this Baralai boss fight is an opportunity to learn Drill Shot. Thanks to the Fiend Arena though, there's only one Blue Bullet that is truly missable in a single playthrough, and that is Annihilator. You can refight Baralai in the Arena and he does use Drill Shot there so yeah, not limited to the Bevelle and Den of Woe encounters this time around. He uses it as a counter after X number of hits btw which is why Trigger Happy triggers it so frequently, and it does 3/4 of your max HP or so which is why it's so deadly.

And then there's the oh-so-threatening Bahamut, uh, Wyrmface. Curse actually only prevents you from switching dresspheres, so it's nothing major, and all of his attacks are just hilariously weak. Or slow. Or both. At least you get Yuna's Ballad playing in the background.

Oh, next time Chapter 3, when the plot actually gets serious for a bit. Let's go with Black Mage Yuna, Songstress Rikku, Dark Knight Paine. For the next mission that involves fighting anyways.

Psychotic
11-14-2015, 09:37 PM
Dat shriek from Matt :flirt:

And dat sneeze :3:

wtf I don't remember Baralai freaking out and attacking. Has that always been in it? I'm assuming it must've been and my memory is rap. WOW he is pushing your shit right back in as I type this. Yeah fuck I'd remember this surely. Oh hey Maser Eye that's Quistis's Soul Break in FFRK

I like how the music is kind of a sad depressing version of Yuna's X-2 theme. Kind of.

EVERYONE DARK KNIGHT FUCK YOU BANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm not even really fucking you over on this, for my final battle party I had two Dark Knights. A third one can only make it better!

Dat Matt
11-16-2015, 11:21 AM
We didn't manage to (read as forgot) to do a recording last night, and we are traveling today, so no episode today.

Maybe one on Thursday depending where we are in the country.

Dat Matt
11-23-2015, 10:36 PM
Best Mini-game inbound

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #29 - The Sphere Breakers

This week we do the Sphere Breaking! Needless to say, I'm amazing at this mini-game and boast about it everywhere.

What do you mean multipliers? What do you mean 50 quota? Don't need none of that..

wpNxI-oeXyg

Karifean
11-24-2015, 12:36 AM
Sphere Break YAY! Great minigame indeed.

Nice math skills Matt. Now if you only cared about echo bonuses you'd have been doing that much better. In this tournament I usually go for coin count echos of 4 coins. They're simple enough to maintain and have a good fast payoff even if they get cut through by a 1 quickly.

The real MVPs of Sphere Break are the multiplier echos. Once you get those you can stomp every enemy without much trouble since the echos can be maintained indefinitely. Too bad you're locked into four specific coins during the tournament.

Shauna
11-24-2015, 08:39 AM
Yeah, Matt quickly looked this up after his humiliating defeat.

Dat Matt
11-24-2015, 05:40 PM
I had forgotten about the mutlipliers. I think this was my downfall when I first played the game as I tried to make the biggest number I could, just like in the video. I'll crush him next time that I know what do to.

It makes sense that I know my numbers, cause I'm in da money business~

Psychotic
11-25-2015, 07:02 PM
oh my god waaaaaaaaaaaawwuuwwwa waaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa

Shauna
11-26-2015, 10:42 PM
IJvk0CF7flQ

Sphere Break is really easy only losers lose (obviously). After our thrilling victory, we head out to see if anywhere else needs the help of the Friendly Neighbourhood Gullwings!

Looks like only LeBlanc needs our help to pull herself out of the darkness she finds herself in now that Nooj is gone. Maybe a tale that I already know the ending to from Maechen will cheer her up!

Karifean
11-27-2015, 12:00 AM
Nice win. Totally forgot to mention that you can get a really useful Garment Grid during the match against Shinra at random while getting 'Item' border coins. Oh well.

Gippal's a pretty cool guy, huh.

I find it strange how you just randomly encounter monsters in the Leblanc mansion now. It's like... Ormi, Logos, you should really look into this infestation that suddenly happened, maybe?

Makes me wonder how the 'Journey's Start' sphere randomly ended up on Mount Gagazet. I mean sure it's on the path from Bevelle to Zanarkand (their war enemy) but why would anyone take that sphere with them to there? Well then again you can wonder this about many of the spheres in this game.

Honestly I'm quite glad Maechen actually acknowledges Tidus' existence here since no one else ever does in this game besides former party members.

Still theorizing as to what realization exactly it was that slipped Maechen's mind in this scene.

Express is actually quite a useful skill for self-preservation. It gives you (the caster only, not the whole party) the effect of Perfect Pitch and Matador's Song and also Hastes you up on top of that. A good alternative if you don't want to use a Songstress for supreme dodging.

The more I play this game the more horrifying the Den of Woe events feel. Easily this game's high point in storytelling.

I nominate Dark Knight Yuna, Songstress Rikku and Lady Luck Paine. Gotta give the new dresspheres some love.

Dat Matt
11-27-2015, 06:49 PM
I went back anf got the White Signet Garment Grid. Shinra Nearly beat me though. I had 51/50 on turn 40.

Psychotic
12-05-2015, 09:53 PM
What's Matt's favourite minigame? Is it catching butterflies, perchance?

Not gonna lie, got slightly aroused with the classic side butt shot and then classic Nooj butt sent me over the edge.

Dat Matt
12-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Holy Fanervice batman? Who am I kidding this whole game is fanservice

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #31 - Lady No-Luck

In this exciting installment, we take on the mysteries of the Mi'hen Highroad. Unfortunately due to poor fortune on our part we are taking Lady Luck with us. Things don't go well as Shauna almost murders us several times.

Well, at least we see butts.

3LPWaMZOhi0

Karifean
12-07-2015, 09:48 PM
Lady Luck is pretty strong. Casually doing more damage than the Dark Knight with a set of cards.

IMO the only abilities on the Dark Knight worth a damn are the passives. Maybe Black Sky. The only other reason you'd use this dressphere is for its defenses and Darkness. I find it pretty boring tbh. (Not going to suggest it ever again =P)

I still have to laugh a bit over how all of the enemies just simply cannot ever hit you after Matador's Song.

Reels aren't random. You got Clean Slate for getting two cherries in a row and Armor Break for one cherry in a row. The game is nice enough to give you all horizontals and diagonals you manage to get which is the reason you keep getting multiple WINs/attacks. The reels aren't too bad since they only have a few symbols before the pattern repeats. With good timing it's not too hard to hit. 777 gives you Shin-Zantetsu (Death on all enemies) IIRC. The real good stuff is on the other reels abilities which have two of the single most broken abilities in the game. I'd almost say it's worth learning to use the reels properly just to get those consistently.

Dud is a pretty hefty price to pay for messing up though...

"Never gonna use Lady Luck ever again"? No way. Lady Luck is great! IIRC there's some tougher fighting coming up next time so I'll nominate Songstress Yuna, White Mage Rikku, Psychic Paine.

Shauna
12-07-2015, 10:50 PM
Right, I guessed it wasn't random in the reels, but we just have no idea what any of the things mean. So without knowing that one cherry is Armour Break, and two cherries is Clean Slate (which are completely unconnected what xD) it's all just completely all over the place. Ah well.

It's not too bad, but yeah - Dud is a horrible punishment for getting it wrong (although with Matador's Song it barely even matters).

Psychotic
12-08-2015, 07:00 PM
mmm dat side...thigh? heh heh heh well well well WHO IS THE SLOTS KING NOW not you CERTAINLY NOT YOU :mwahaha:

Shauna
12-10-2015, 08:04 PM
well well well well YOU ARE BAD AT SLOTS yeah that'll show ye

be9xmnPfskg

Ah, the sandy deserts! So many strange creatures here, most notably the talking cacti. Where did Pointy Shinra learn how to speak cactus? Weird. Well, the Friendly Neighbourhood Gullwings take on the mission to save the cactuars from themselves.

Afterwards, we cool off at the Macalania Inn where terrible things have happened. And continue to happen. Oh god they keep happening.

Karifean
12-11-2015, 03:24 PM
I'd never seen that "What you think you're done here? Think again!" bit before :D

They did a good job making the cactuar hunting mission a bit more interesting in this game. The minigame is pretty bs though. You can do perfectly but still lose due to bad luck since I've never seen any hint of a correlation between the cactuar dodging and the player's performance. At least it only has one reward attached to it.

The Rhyos is easily the toughest enemy in the Macalania gauntlet and pretty much the sole reason the mission is as hard as it is. I had to skip it on my first playthrough because the goddamn thing oversouled. Little did I know I was missing out on a dressphere by doing that...

Fire Eater sure would've been helpful against the chimeras ^^

Best of luck to O'aka and his little shop.

Halfway through is quite a statement considering one instance of getting 0.2% requires you to dive through the latter 80 floors of Via Infinito.

I'll nominate Gun Mage Yuna, Songstress Rikku and Berserker Paine for next time. Berserker is a pretty great dressphere, though both Yuna and Rikku have painfully annoying attack animations. Too bad learning its quintessential passive takes so much AP.

Psychotic
12-13-2015, 06:39 PM
Those surely are some sandy buns but I wish Shauna would stop talking about them.

Matt should get a gig as a Cactuar translator. He just needs a pointy hat.

THERE ARE FIENDS AT THE TEMPLE! *camera zooms in on Rikku's bikini clad breasts to emphasise the danger*

Dat Matt
12-21-2015, 10:00 PM
Holiday special? Na, we don't do crap like that.

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #33 - Returning Home For Christmas

On this episode of lets play FFX-2 we go home for the holidays.

Except it's not Christmas and there are chores to do like fiend killing. The old'uns try clear up the mess, but in the end they just take a nap in the hall and the kids have to clean up after all.

At least your crazy uncle shows up this year, even if he wants to burn the house down...

nMMJcx6hKyY

Karifean
12-21-2015, 11:38 PM
Sigh. Here I am being all thoughtful, giving you Gun Mage when I know you're going through the Thunder Plains where you can get Flame Breath, and what happens? Fucking Charm Bangle ruins everything. Goddamnit.

That damage on the Berserker. Very nice, very nice.

I like Beclem during this mission. He's completely practical and doesn't give a damn about the temple, but his points are perfectly valid. He just prioritizes things differently, putting the safety of the townspeople above all else. Which I can respect; just as much as Yuna and Wakka's standpoint.

Fuck Cat Nip. One single accessory utterly ruined the most awesome challenge any FF game has to offer. And even nerfed it's still stupidly good.

Shauna
12-24-2015, 03:33 PM
i8WGURcM5N8

Ah, the calm beaches of Kilika. Nothing bad ever happens here.

Except FIENDS! From the TEMPLE! Uh oh. Guess the Gullwings better get in there to try and help out, even though the temple definitely doesn't want their help. We will help them whether they like it or not.

All the while, the Shaunas discuss evening telly for the Spirans. Who would you vote out?

Karifean
12-25-2015, 03:51 PM
The Bushido Lore is probably the best of the lores in the game given how good the Samurai's skillset is. Though you can always just use the GG that gives the same effect plus 60 extra Strength and using the skills in question faster so there's that.

This part is where I started really disliking the Youth League. Sure, let's just lock up these people dying by the dozens so they can't escape the inevitable death. If Yuna hadn't showed up they'd have all been massacred before the YL would've let even one of them through (though I suppose with the defense line they had they might've been able to hold out until help arrived). I love how Buddy extorts the New Yevon guys for money though. Makes me laugh every time.

Hooray for fighting seven forced Daevas in a row. I think they ran out of ideas.

Cripple is probably gravity-elemental anyways so it wouldn't have worked on either the Daevas or Ifrit.

Dona technically makes it all the way to the Zanarkand trials, actually! If you don't encourage her to quit her pilgrimage on the airship you can meet her there when you return after beating Yunalesca.

Paine's Berserker attack animation is just by far the best of the girls'. Yuna does an awkward jump and Rikku dances around before they finally get around to attacking. Paine just rolls and uppercuts like it's nothing.

Ifrit is pretty easy if you put everyone on the Fire-absorbing GG. Otherwise he does hit quite hard.

Yay Samurai! Easily the hardest hitter in the game before you get Mascot or the ultimate Blue Bullets.

I nominate Lady Luck Yuna, Songstress Rikku, Samurai Paine for next time. Gotta give new dresspheres some love and Lady Luck feels like it fits pretty well with the other two, so enjoy.

Dat Matt
01-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Holidays are over. We're back baby!

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #33 - The Zanmato Show

This week on Lets Play Final Fantasy X-2 we do some sidequests. You know, just for funsies.

Then head to help people in distress at the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, because The Gullwings help all people! Little did we know, a Zanmato or 6 was in store for us when we got there.

BhxI_E49rug

Karifean
01-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Ah the Sunken Cave mission. Easily the biggest difficulty spike of the first four chapters.

Yeah you can get all of them in one go. It's worth it to just go through and pick up all the people in the right order. It sounds like a hassle but the hints on all of them make it exceedingly clear when to pick them up to keep them till the end. Saves you a lot of walking.

I think it's pretty troutty that you have to go back out of the cave to get one of the energy cores. I'd have never thought to do that on my own. You can actually get it before you even start the mission.

As far as I can tell the main reason to save everyone in the cave is that it opens up the side rooms in which you can find a chest with a pretty neat Defense Bracer in Chapter 5. Though that still makes saving the last guy a total waste of time from a meta perspective. Actually I don't know, does the reward you get change depending on how many peeps you saved?

Ah god I really wanted to yell at the screen when you didn't realize you could've just warped back to the entrance with the last two guys >_>

A pretty neat trick I learned about sometime is that you can leave the mission, save and restart the mission and you won't have lost any progress. So you can save directly before the boss fight which given his difficulty is pretty cool.

And there he is, Yojimbo himself. I remember how I totally shat my pants the first time I saw Zanmato and was first thankful that it just reduces your HP/MP to 1, but then it turns out that's actually preeeetty deadly especially with how well it synchs with the Poison he loves to inflict. Going in with poison protection is definitely a good idea and makes the fight a lot easier, plus he telegraphs Zanmato nicely so you can stack a healing item to go out straight after it happens. Mega Potions and Megalixirs actually end up being really useful here. Probably the best fight to use them in in the entire game. No reason to be stingy with them.

Not gonna lie, when Yuna sapped his MP I had to laugh.

See this is why I don't like the Charm Bangle. It smurfs up your dressphere progression so hard. Having at least one or two active abilities learned for Samurai would've sped up the battle quite a bit. I mean sure they cost MP but recovering that would've been certainly worth it.

Daigoro is such a troll in this battle. I remember once I went into this battle perfectly prepared, but I didn't have any turns ready when Yojimbo used Zanmato and I got wiped out with 2 Daigoro attacks and one Wakizashi before I even got the heal off.

It's funny because you'd have survived and gotten back to full health for your entire party if you had used a Mega Phoenix instead of a Hi-Potion at the end there. That thing revives even the user if they get KO'd while using it.

I did this to you? WELL EXCUSE ME IF YOUR PLAYING SUCKS. Well true having a better damage dealer might've helped. And using dresspheres with some AP in them. And having an MP independent healer. Okay yes different dresspheres would've made this fight a lot easier. Happy?

But tbh I actually would like to see you try the fight again with the same dressphere, this time knowing what's ahead and minmaxing to the best of your abilities. Good luck with that! :p

Dat Matt
01-13-2016, 09:37 PM
Grinding before Yojimo!

Pro - The actual Yojimbo fight went super well and we were pleasantly surprised
Con - Microphone failed ot pick up any audio so we didn't get to capture that shock.

Egads we gotta record it all again

Shauna
01-15-2016, 06:25 PM
VzQEHlGuIVs

Yojimbo is taken out swiftly and easily this time around! But that's not where this episode ends! Well, the excitement takes a bit of a hit, but what can you do - after last episode's stress we need a bit of a break!

We hit up the beaches of Besaid for a bit, and then head to the quiet temple in Bevelle. The Gullwings totally don't get lost in either of these places, and we see some insight into the past of our most mysterious member.

Karifean
01-15-2016, 08:24 PM
Well that was an anticlimax =P

Y'know did you see that little chocobo next to the CommSphere Shinra placed? It teleports you to the chocobo farm instantly. And if you were to send out some chocobos now you could shave off some time from one of the most tedious parts of the game, which is filling out the checklist for the Ruin Cave.

Man stuff like the Search Sphere sidequest makes me really appreciate how random miniquests and secrets are just strewn all over the game. There's not much to it, but it's there.

And then there's the fucking Bevelle Chapter 3 meeting quest. I probably never would've found it if I hadn't read about it. What can I say, I don't just randomly go to an unrelated location when I've already started doing main quests? I wouldn't be so bitter about it if it didn't give you one of the mandatory Crimson Spheres for the Den of Woe quest. Which you can still easily miss regardless because of how tiny it is, just lying there on the ground. At least it's a damn good scene. I like the dynamics of the leaders trio and how their motivations only get gradually revealed through sidequests.

Hey good job, you activated the shortcut elevator that makes you miss out on what's easily one of the best accessories in the game up to this point! And skipped the shortcut elevator that makes you skip the useless dungeon sections!

Oh and hey random Malboro. WHERE THE HELL DID THAT THING COME FROM !?

Hmm, maybe switch it up a bit for next time? Dark Knight Yuna, White Mage Rikku, Berserker Paine.

Dat Matt
01-21-2016, 07:57 PM
Who even keeps to a posting schedule these days?

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #37 - Youth These Days...

As previously promised, in this episode of Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD we climb a mountain at the request of the Elder Ronso (who is like 27 btw) to take care of the youth of today.

Don't worry though, the Shaunas know what is hip and cool. We will try to win them over with dank mey-meys and pogs. That'll sort them!

83q0S7iQqMo

Karifean
01-22-2016, 03:55 PM
You have a posting schedule?

Yaaaay Trainer dressphere..... Hyyyyype..........

I like how Berserk'd Paine's regular attacks do as much damage as Darkness.

Really, Itchy is a pretty harmless status effect all things considered. It's cured without further ado in almost zero game time. Somehow it still manages to be pretty annoying regardless.

I love how the fixed damage Skullcracker hit Rikku from behind, so it did double damage and instantly killed her. Hilarious.

Somehow the Vespa got way weaker in oversoul, using only a physical attack instead of messing you up with all sorts of ailments. I always find it weird when regular versions are more difficult than oversoul version (*glares at Chac*).

Man those wolves are horrible at keeping you confused. I like how Paine quickly uppercut the wolf that was about to attack. Fast attack animations ftw.

I always failed this mission my first few playthroughs because I ALWAYS went up towards the hot springs and got lost. I mean how the fuck was I supposed to know getting to the 'summit' involves not going the path that leads you upwards?

Darkness is a physical attack so Defense Down (Armor Break) would make it do more damage. It works so well against the Gemini because it ignores defense. And Protect and Shell. And yes it's still buffed by Defense Down despite that.

"Garik not listen. Garik cover ears." Uh huh, that about sums up this situation.

Such an easy boss fight. You can get the Mighty Guard Blue Bullet here if you want to but... you can just do that easily and safely in the Fiend Arena, so there's no real point to going out of your way to do it here. Despite how easy he is here though, Garik is a really tough opponent in the Youth League Tournament! Those insane Mighty Guards and White Winds make it very hard to deal damage to him once he gets below a certain threshold.

You really don't need to start the cactuar mission now. You can do all of it in Chapter 5 if you want to.

I nominate Trainer Yuna, Black Mage Rikku, Berserker Paine for next time. Much as I don't like it Trainer should at least get SOME screentime.

Dat Matt
02-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Double the Dat Matt Because Shauna was too lazy to do it~

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #38 - Kogoro Blaze It!

Running into the Djose Temple we find anothing familiar face wanting to kill us. Pretty normal for The Gullwings at this point. Things take a turn for the worst when Yuna falls in a deep dark hole in the ground and is man-handled by a priest.

This week is filled with endless terror and dank may-mays. At least one of these is true...

UIPo_86INyI

Karifean
02-02-2016, 10:56 PM
I think you really only need 30+ Marriage Points by saying the correct thing 6 times and you already get the best reward. Though I believe 130 is the threshold for getting the best result. Not that it matters because the reward is still the same and I don't think the quest gives any % points at all.

Hooray for Trainer, the best dressphere in the game.

The Berserker has a neat ability, Unhinge, that reduces the enemy's accuracy and evasion. That might've been helpful.

Gotta give credit to the voice acting performance on Shuyin. The contrast to Tidus is great. I definitely wish the connection between the two were more defined though. Any theory I've heard so far has either holes or far-fetched assumptions, or is just unsatisfying.

I still don't get how the hell Yuna got out of there.

Oh god Chapter 4. The part where getting 100% is the most insanely boring and tedious thing in the world. Probably the primary reason I've decided not to bother with 100% in one run anymore. Good luck with that!

Shauna
02-04-2016, 08:09 PM
pKCtNvIO7aU

And so we enter the most boring part of the game. Such boredom. I suppose it's nice to get a glimpse of what's going on around Spira? Ugh. Well, at least we get to see more of Paine's personality and backstory? And uh... Yuna dancing?!

Nope, there's not much going for Chapter 4 of FFX-2. Just remember to vote in the comments!

Karifean
02-05-2016, 09:24 PM
And this was the *more* interesting part of the CommSpheres.

I don't really care for seeing the CommSphere shit all over again. If you want to show it to some degree, speed it up or something =P

Might wanna save before doing the Kilika Temple CommSphere scenes. For some reason that first scene is difficult to trigger sometimes, and if you back out without seeing it that counts as skipping it.

Shauna
02-12-2016, 06:47 PM
ZPWjJlZM7IA

Let's do some CommSpheres then!

Haha, only kidding, that's two hours of our lives we're not getting back - not gonna make you sit through it too. Instead, you get to join us as the Gullwings chase down Tobli! The little scamp has got himself in trouble! Don't worry though, he's alright. And we're gonna finish up the quest with a bit of a dance party! Yay!

Formalhaut
02-12-2016, 06:49 PM
The Commspheres are the worst part of the game. Oh, they're so tiring, yet so necessary to get a few Episode Completes.

Karifean
02-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Man Chapter 4 is such a random part of the game. All of a sudden we're chasing Tobli all across the Moonflow, then we're doing a strange dancing minigame. It's probably the most whatever part of the game which is a little strange considering the plot actually gets just a little bit dark in Chapter 3.

Mashing all buttons is by far the easiest way to pass that minigame. Although I never really bothered looking further into it.

Have fun with the rest of the CommSpheres. I guess.

I'll nominate Alchemist Yuna, Songstress Rikku, Samurai Paine for the Thunder Plains. Although I guess if you're going with the Charm Bangle it doesn't really matter.

Formalhaut
02-17-2016, 05:58 PM
Yeah, the mini-game is basically 'mash everything' and get the accessory. That works surprisingly well with an Adamantite on a Songstress for near endless dancing.

Dat Matt
02-18-2016, 10:22 PM
I apologize in advance for Shauna's terrible performance

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #41- We Are Terrible At This Game

In this episode of Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD, we decided to ignore sagely advice and turn off the charm bracelet for the Thunder Plains.

Turns out this was a bad idea, as a 5 minute job took much, much longer than expected.

At least we learned Fireworks!

YM0TgbQmwn8

Karifean
02-20-2016, 10:51 PM
"Don't use Sparkler". The strong, single-target, defense-ignoring ability is off limits? Oh this'll be a fun episode.

Good old trolling Choco Meteo. It can't actually kill you since it does damage based on your current HP, but man is it scary.

Ah, never mind, they used Sparkler.

Not gonna lie, I was laughing my ass off at that fight vs the Aka Manah. Sorry not sorry =P

To be precise, ALL abilities instantly fill up upon battle end, it's just that damage abilities don't go through anymore. Any healing/status curing/buffing/singing will still go like normal.

Let's go back to screaming about Sparkler, huh. Oh, nvm, thanks Matt.

The ogres get super high physical defense when they put up their arms. It's pretty annoying.

Ah yes the Via Infinito. Cat Nip now adds SOS-Berserk and SOS-Slow to the wearer. Although Slow can be overridden with Haste, Berserk can't be avoided. Well if you need any help I'm always here, but otherwise I'm looking forward to seeing you do it :P

> Notes with surprise that the Heady Perfume restored all MP.
> Proceeds to use absolutely 0 MP the entire battle.

Man that 1300 damage Gun Hater. Never seen that before, actually. I find it pretty hilarious that Paine spawned behind the drake though, dealing double damage the entire fight. If you'd just used Sparkler you'd have done a ton of damage in one shot.

An Ether really wouldn't have been a bad idea here. It's not like you EVER run out of them...

Fuck yeah Fireworks. One of the best abilities in the game.

That trophy, Dousing the Fire, the one you get for beating Zalamander, is hilariously broken. It's supposed to be a kind of "you beat Chapter 4" trophy, but you can get it in early Chapter 1 if you just fight Zalamander in the Fiend Arena.

No idea what you'll be doing next episode, so no nominations for now ^^ I personally stopped following nemes1s' guide at this point since you can really do Chapter 5 missions in whatever order you want to, so long as you don't screw up in one of the very few ways you can. If you do the same, I recommend starting the Thunder Plains mission ASAP and getting the Champion Belt from Tower #4 (you *did* calibrate that one if I remember correctly, right?). You seem to be in dire need of an accessory that good.

Dat Matt
03-15-2016, 09:01 PM
Fecking Celebrities do what they please, right?

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #42- The World's Worst Concert

So, Yuna, here's how concerts normally work. You have someone come out and sing to get the crowd going and then you come on, sing about 10 songs and then head off unless you get an encore.

What happened here was you took everyone to the worst place in Spira for a concert, you let the crowd fight and you only sung one song. If people didn't come here for free I'm sure they would be asking for their money back.

I guess there is just that little to do in Spira, right?

B0B9iX55yb4

Shauna
03-15-2016, 09:08 PM
top lels I forgot to edit the number on the cover image so it says 30 xD

Karifean
03-15-2016, 11:00 PM
Oh wow, did you really just upload 1000 Words to YouTube without getting a copyright strike? Didn't know that was even possible.

Say what you will about FFX-2, this FMV is one of the series' very best.

The chocobos in the Cabin come from the Chapter 2 mission and the Thunder Plains CommSpheres. They have no bearing on anything ever in the game, but hey, free chocobos for the cabin!

Man how nice that the people of Spira are accepting enough to just casually throw away their beliefs and differences.

Pretty sure summoning DZ was a last resort accepted by the Zanarkandians, not forced upon them. They wanted their Zanarkand to live on in an ideal, the real Zanarkand was doomed either way. Yevon was their leader and ended up shouldering a responsibility and burden that all but shattered his mind. It's hard to trace the origins of the 'teachings of Yevon' but it was probably a combination of Yunalesca and general observations from the perspective of the Bevellians. The teachings have a firmly pragmatic background either way. The leaders of the church of Yevon are the ones that really see the non-spiritual side and their nihilism and cynicism masquerading as realism ends up corrupting the order.

Most of this is pure speculation. But, well, I like that it lets you reconstruct the history of Spira from the few fragments you're given, at least in theories.

Hooray for Chapter 5. It really is this game's major high point in the story as far as I'm concerned, and not because of the main plot.

Dresspheres to use, hmm. Let's be pragmatic and go with Dark Knight Yuna, White Mage Rikku, Samurai Paine. Seeing as how the Mascot is not too far off, might as well invest in the skillsets they can use. I'd pick Berserker if only so you can get some AP going towards Evade & Counter before the Via Infinito, but I doubt you'd get that in time anyways.

Shauna
03-21-2016, 11:07 PM
s0COyO2MAqs

The fruits of our labour are finally coming together and the final chapter Episode Completes start pouring in! Well, we see one. That's good enough. The stress of this though... it's already strong, I don't think the Shaunas will make it through!

We also see some hypello gettin' it ON, a dead guy chatting a lot and some more of the leaders of Spira pointing guns at each other, except this time it's in the past. Exciting times, and more to come!

Karifean
03-22-2016, 02:09 AM
Not much I can say here. I've seen these cutscenes so, so many times.

"Let's go get Mascot" they say. Ha ha ha. Sorry but you'll have to keep waiting a bit longer for that.

I recommend doing Chapter 5 out of order, partly since the guide expects you to go to the Via Infinito smack dab in the middle of it (which is not gonna happen) and partly because some quests are better done over a longer period of time - the Ruin Cave especially; if you encounter any chocobos during your other quests make sure to catch them, and if you have any in your ranch might as well dispatch them now to save time later. Oh and make sure to dispatch one disposable chocobo to Bikanel, you won't regret it when the time comes to dig a lot.

And of course as long as you do everything there is to do you'll still reach 100%, even if you don't have the convenient checkpoints along the way.

Shauna
03-22-2016, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about looking into what we need to do throughout the chapter and start getting stuff done so that we don't have a heck of a lot of things to do all at once.

Dat Matt
03-28-2016, 09:32 PM
Well, here's some blitzball for you...

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #44 - Moogles and Utter Failure

In this week's episode, we go to Luca as promised last time with the best of intentions to get things done.

Things don't go well, as we get the old Blitzball bug. Our rag tag bunch of friends (and 2 others) face off against the pros. Little did we know these guys are way more professional than we expected.

Will the Kilika Beasts V Gullwings battle live up to your expectations!? Probably not, we're pretty bad at this. Also we apologise for the amount of blitzball played.

e2bmQ4i7BK0

Karifean
03-28-2016, 11:52 PM
Ah yes the infamous Final Fantasy X-2 Blitzball. I played a bit of it but never delved too deep.

You can control the 'stars' with L1 and R1, it makes your players play more recklessly, doing more special moves but getting injured more easily. Never mind you figured it out eventually.

Why... would you put Brother... in front of Paine...

"We have to play the Kilika Beasts" she says twenty seconds after playing the Kilika Beasts.

It was around this point that I started laughing uncontrollably.

https://i.imgur.com/dnz0J5w.png

http://i.imgur.com/uW45rdw.png

Aaaand you won. GG =P

You are indeed supposed to be training your players before really starting to play blitzball. Though really, the only reason to be playing blitzball in this game is for fun, for completionism or for AP Eggs.

It's not until now that I realize that this is an Episode Complete just for Yuna. All the others involve her helping someone else and growing while doing that, but in this one it's all about her. It's kind of a nice little mission now that I look at it that way.

Kilika Island, huh. Maybe there'll actually be some battling.

Shauna
04-11-2016, 05:35 PM
No, there were no battles, sadly. :p

AD1FNdtN65g

The Shaunas do what they promise and clear up two episodes in a single sitting of Final Fantasy X-2! What next, Dona and Barthello being reunited and Lulu actually having her baby?

Oh.

Well, all that does happen along with some other small bits of characterisation. Also an unacknowledged sex joke, did you catch it?! Please acknowledge it. Please.

Karifean
04-11-2016, 08:06 PM
I assume the Kilikans followed Dona's example and got rid of the guard in the woods themselves.

Songs are powerful. Matador's Song for instance!

Time is precious indeed. How much you wanna bet you're gonna forget to get the Cactuar while you're here!

Yay, the ~Invincible~. One of the best accessories in the game. It's ridiculous how easy it is to miss.

Dona-chan wa tsundere da yo ne~ :p

Twilight Rain gives your Floral Fallal one of the limit breaks. So it's mostly useless.

I always found it strange how you just run straight through Lulu there. I was so confused the first time that happened.

I like Chappu's sphere. It brings the Episode to such a satisfying conclusion.

Thunder Plains may not be short but Mi'ihen Highroad is too short to fill up a single video! Plus Thunder Plains mission gives what I consider to be the #1 best Garment Grid in the game (before the postgame anyways) so the sooner you can do it, the better.

Psychotic
04-20-2016, 12:55 PM
I'm back watching again and in the very first episode Matt announces me as "not a friend" :colbert: FU THIS IS WHY I STOPPED

Shauna
04-20-2016, 01:18 PM
It's almost like he knew.

Dat Matt
05-01-2016, 04:48 PM
2 episode completes? Does this spark the last time we'll see a Ronso? only time will tell!

Let's Play Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster #46 - Changing People's Minds by Force

This week on Lets Play FFX-2 HD, we reach two more episode completes! We figure out the mystery of the accidents in the Mi'ihen Highroad, and we watch Kimarhi beat some sense into the upstart Ronso Youths of today, with his fists.

All it took in both instances for people to change their ways was to tell them they were responsible, like one time. Kids these days, amirite?

RXT318hPjHA

Shauna
11-12-2016, 04:01 PM
iD0cp01Nsdw

Or that other thing. Completely on the other side of the spectrum. The Shaunas are rusty at this game, but not rusty enough at being terrible Let's Players. We take on the Thunder Plains, if you can even call it "taking on"

Apologies for the game sound cutting out every time we talk, we are still practising with our new capture program, it won't happen again!

Karifean
11-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Oh you don't even know how much I missed this.

Can't help but admit I had to smile on the inside when you replaced the Auto-Shell with an Auto-Protect, against the enemies where Shell is useful and Protect is absolutely not.

Ooh now what could that Champion Belt be~? One of the best accessories in the game, maybe? I don't know, let's just not check it out. We're fine using shit accessories.

I love how much of a glass cannon you are. Curaga-All pretty much literally heals everyone to full HP but the Chaos Flame kills Rikku in one hit. That crit Heartless Attack though. Moves that reduce your HP to 1 being capable of critting is so cheeky.

How cute. They think they're getting the Thunder Plains done in one episode. Humbaba's not the end of this episode y'know.

Shell was single-target in FFX, but X-2 is a little smarter about these buffs.

Humbaba... not the hardest of bosses but his final Meteor is always a scare. Probably should've gone to save.

Ayup. That fight would've gone better if you'd used actually good accessories =D Better luck next time!

I feel welcomed right back.