PDA

View Full Version : You Scrubs Should Play Baten Kaitos

Forsaken Lover
07-22-2015, 01:15 PM
_B64f48ewdo

It kinda gets depressing how I constantly point out the objective truth that it has the greatest OST in JRPG history and no one says anything or has a clue what I'm talking about.

The game is crazy fun and features a really cool mechanic. you fight with "cards" but certain cards age. Like your precious healing card might rot away to nothing and be useless, or a worthless card might become incredibly useful later on. A perfect example of this is, the best way to gain money in the game is to take pictures of bosses. If you sell the picture immediately, it's worthless. You have to give it time to develop. But wait too long and it will deteriorate and become worthless again.

The story for most of the game is pretty standard stuff but there is one helluva twist down the road that makes it all worth it. Besides, it's a really good simple story.

Galuf
07-22-2015, 02:21 PM
I remember watching my sister play this on the gamecube. And near our house theres a restraunt called Giacomo i always said the villian guy from baten kaitos owned it lol

Wolf Kanno
07-23-2015, 08:34 AM
I'll get around to it eventually. With my PS3 dead, the Wii is getting more love and maybe I'll finally get around to finishing some of my GameCube RPGs. Though I still need to finish Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia as well.

Mirage
07-23-2015, 02:39 PM
Sure, just make Nintendo add it to their dumb e-shop and I'll buy it instantly.

DMKA
07-25-2015, 04:22 AM
I owned it for GC back in the day but never played more than a few hours of it. I didn't really like the card based battle system, but never mind that, I couldn't bear those hideous character designs! What were they thinking? I mean every time a new character was revealed I was all like...

http://www.sowhat-magazine.fr/mistergaga/files/2011/08/Baten-Kaitos-Kalas-1.jpg

I may try giving it a shot again someday, because I have heard it's an unappreciated gem of the GC library, and if Lost Odyssey taught me anything, it's that if you can grit and bear a less than stellar battle system there's a potentially wonderful game to be found beyond it.