PDA

View Full Version : Best Final Fantasy in Snes for a newbie

lucaskoba
07-25-2015, 08:07 PM
Hi guys,i have already played Final Fantasy X but i still consider me a newbie in final fantasy and i want to start playing the Snes Final Fantasy games,but i am in doubt in which FF i should start with IV,V or V.You guys can help me?(Probably i will play them in the GBA version)Thanks in advance.

maybee
07-25-2015, 08:23 PM
Going to say Final Fantasy IV. The dungeons are not too tricky, same with the monsters and bosses. Final Fantasy VI has tricky dungeons like Zozo, Floating Island and Phoenix Cave and Final Fantasy V has some really hard bosses.

lucaskoba
07-25-2015, 08:55 PM
Going to say Final Fantasy IV. The dungeons are not too tricky, same with the monsters and bosses. Final Fantasy VI has tricky dungeons like Zozo, Floating Island and Phoenix Cave and Final Fantasy V has some really hard bosses.

And in question of Plot,which is better?

maybee
07-25-2015, 09:06 PM

Final Fantasy VI has the best plot in my opinion. Final Fantasy IV has a decent plot for it's age, and Final Fantasy V doesn't really have much of a solid, deep, complexed plot as it focuses more on gameplay and job classes.

Characters ? Final Fantasy VI wins again, with Final Fantasy IV again coming second place. I highly recommend both Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy IV, though for a newbie imo starting with Final Fantasy IV is best.

lucaskoba
07-26-2015, 12:38 AM

Final Fantasy VI has the best plot in my opinion. Final Fantasy IV has a decent plot for it's age, and Final Fantasy V doesn't really have much of a solid, deep, complexed plot as it focuses more on gameplay and job classes.

Characters ? Final Fantasy VI wins again, with Final Fantasy IV again coming second place. I highly recommend both Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy IV, though for a newbie imo starting with Final Fantasy IV is best.

Thank you so much,i will start with IV and then go to VI

FFNut
07-26-2015, 02:36 AM
Like Maybee said, IV is the easiest of them however VI has the best story. However with IV, V, and VI you can't loose as they are all great games. VI being one of my all time favorites of the series.

Shiva95
07-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Final Fantasy VI. The story and the characters are simply amazing.

Mirage
07-26-2015, 06:48 PM
who cares about plot, play ff5

Electroshock Therapy
07-27-2015, 03:27 AM
FF IV is probably the best one to go with. The party is chosen for you, the upgrades and magic spells are pre-programmed for you. In FF V, you have to worry about which job classes you should have for each section of the game. In FF VI, you have a multitude of characters to choose from and build up. It's about twice as much as the characters in FF X. So if that was a bit much to deal with, then FF VI might be daunting. FF IV does it all for you, however. It's simplistic, and a good choice for a beginner.

(FF V is super awesome though!) ;)

Wolf Kanno
07-27-2015, 04:04 AM
In terms of overall difficulty, VI is the easiest of the bunch, the game was designed to be user-friendly compared to it's predecessors. With that said, it's the most complicated of the entries due to adding in game mechanics not usually seen in the genre and certain party members are designed for more "expert" play if you want to call it that. Still, I would say it's no different from things you've already dealt with in FFX for the most part.

IV is the simplest entry, I wouldn't necessarily call it the easiest entry, but it is the one that doesn't ask much from the player and is the most linear entry of the three. V is an odd middle ground. The gameplay falls into that "simple to learn, challenging to master" category and it tends to have a heavier focus on the player to explore and find it's many secrets to get the most out of it. It has the weakest story, but makes up for it by being one of the funniest entries.

I honestly feel VI is the best entry of the three for a "jumping in point" as IV is a bit too old school for modern taste and V lacks the gripping narrative that brought most of the fanbase into the franchise. With that said, I feel you should play them in order as it really shows you how the franchise has evolved.

Randy
07-27-2015, 04:08 AM
6 is the best game by far. But 4 is very accessible for noobs. Also, there are DS and PSP remakes which are super snazzy.

Electroshock Therapy
07-27-2015, 04:28 AM
6 is the best game by far. But 4 is very accessible for noobs. Also, there are DS and PSP remakes which are super snazzy.

But the DS version is said to be A LOT harder than the original.

The PSP version is just an upgraded version of the original with the extra content of the GBA version and few extra tweaks for smoother gameplay. It's more or less like the Playstation version I first played the game on (which is more or less the "actual" FF IV that Japan got). Personally, the PSP version is my favourite. It's still a pain in the butt and it aggravates me, but it's my favourite version. :p

So, lucaskoba, if you're thinking about IV, might I suggest you look into the PSP version if you can?

lucaskoba
07-27-2015, 08:10 PM

But the DS version is said to be A LOT harder than the original.

The PSP version is just an upgraded version of the original with the extra content of the GBA version and few extra tweaks for smoother gameplay. It's more or less like the Playstation version I first played the game on (which is more or less the "actual" FF IV that Japan got). Personally, the PSP version is my favourite. It's still a pain in the butt and it aggravates me, but it's my favourite version. :p

So, lucaskoba, if you're thinking about IV, might I suggest you look into the PSP version if you can?

I really want to play the PSP version,but i'm planning to play on my android phone,and i think my phone cant handle the HD graphics and all the stuff,because of that i'll play the GBA version,but i will give it a try

Mirage
07-28-2015, 09:13 AM
The bigger problem in that case would be to find a PSP emulator that works on android at all

lucaskoba
07-30-2015, 02:53 AM
The bigger problem in that case would be to find a PSP emulator that works on android at all

PPSSPP works well in my device,i can run some games in decent fps and some times with full speed(30/30 or 60/60)

NeoCracker
07-30-2015, 08:30 AM
And so far NOBODY has suggested the ballz to the wallz action that is Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

I am disappoint.

Wolf Kanno
07-30-2015, 08:37 AM
And so far NOBODY has suggested the ballz to the wallz action that is Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

I am disappoint.

We're trying to ENDEAR this fan to the 16-bit era, not having him running screaming to the night and swear off 2D RPGs. :p

FFNut
07-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Mystic Quest never happend... Just... Never happend. Ya that's it... Mystic what now?