PDA

View Full Version : Ps4 Primary Account Downloads

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-28-2015, 05:22 AM
So was looking for a game on ebay, when I seen a crazy cheap price but the noticed the account thing. Never heard of it before so I did a little research. A few question i would like to ask. I could totally get if it was friends doing this and just sharing but isnt this illegal by some mean and probably somehow illegal but would the person whose profile you download then set as primary account have any access to my stuff on my ps4 from their system? And how did Sony not think of ways to prevent this lol

Mirage
07-28-2015, 12:14 PM
Sony isn't preventing this because they want to let you play the game on two different systems.

It used to be very common in the early PS3 days, when you could use a digital game on 5 different PS3 systems. People would account share like crazy. They later restricted it to just 2 systems.

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-28-2015, 03:59 PM
Sony isn't preventing this because they want to let you play the game on two different systems.

It used to be very common in the early PS3 days, when you could use a digital game on 5 different PS3 systems. People would account share like crazy. They later restricted it to just 2 systems.

So if i do that there isnt any chance of them being able to get access to my account with my cc and stuff that mainly what Im worried about.

Mirage
07-28-2015, 04:46 PM
Is this guy selling his primary account?

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-29-2015, 01:32 AM
Is this guy selling his primary account?

Yea that has a few ps4 games that i could download. But I just
dont want to download someones profile and set it as primary account if he could still access my account

Mirage
07-29-2015, 07:34 AM
I don't think you'd have to stop using your own primary account. There shouldn't be a problem with having several primary accounts on one PS4. You won't need to add your CC info to this new account and you could keep buying and play stuff with your current account.

But... I haven't actually done this so don't quote me on that.

Masamunemaster
08-02-2015, 12:39 AM
I would probably say download the account then change the password. Would that work?

Mirage
08-02-2015, 01:57 PM
it would, unless the original owner could convince Sony that he had been hacked, for example by telling sony the number of a credit card that had been used with that account in the past.