PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Moments in Each Final Fantasy.

Wolf Kanno
07-29-2015, 09:17 AM
Same as the favorite just more cranky and troll batey. :shifty:

maybee
07-29-2015, 01:01 PM
FF V Exdeath's castle. I hate it. I hate how nightmare fuelish everything is. I hate how it looks like there's demons, or worse, Exdeath's previous victim trapped on the castle walls with visible beating organs. It's also the background during battles, so you can't get a breather from it, so even escape from it. Exdeath's castle has actually made me terrified for years.

FF VI The opening. It's so damn slow and it moves at a turtles pace. It's mysterious the first time you play the game, but after a few times of playing, you just want to get up to meeting Sabin as soon as possible.

FF VII Cloud's faux past. Cloud I know that you are lying. Just shh and let me go to Junon already.

FF VIII Train mission. What was the numbered code again ?? 3-4-4-8 ? Oh no, there's a guard coming. Sh-it. The code, hurry up with the code Squall ! What was the code again ? 3-8-8-4 ? No ? Sh-ittt. I'm smurfed, I'm smurfed. The world is ending, the world is ending. G o o d b y e.

FF IX Chocobo digging. I want the next chocobo graph not a smurfing potion ! * Linkin Park screaming gif here * CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL.

FF X Zanakand puzzle before Yunalesa. I get stuck and have to look up a walkthrough every single time.

Forsaken Lover
07-29-2015, 01:49 PM
FFVII: Whirlwind Maze
FFVIII: D-District Prison
FFX: Bevelle Cloister of Trials
FFXIII: Pulse, specifically the awful Pharos-wannabe Tower.

Formalhaut
07-29-2015, 01:50 PM
FFVII - It's between Cloud's Flashback and the submarine challenge. I didn't like either, and the submarine challenge really confused me: how I sunk the sub when I played it I have no clue.

FFX - Minigames. If any of the mini-games don't count as a moment, then I guess the Bevelle trials were pretty boring. And the Mi'hen Highroad. And Mt. Gagazet. Basically, any corridor.

FFXII - The Pharos gets a mite confusing and taxing to get through, and the Great Crystal. I loved the concept of both, but they dragged.

FFXIII - The corridors again, but at least they were pretty corridors. Beyond that, The Vile Peaks lasted just a bit too long, and any battle with just Sazh and Vanille (particularly when Sazh does not know Commando) is a lesson in tedium.

FFXIII-2 - Academia 500-AF gets really frustrating. As is attempting to get the Lucky Coin Fragment.

FFXIII: LR - The Dead Dune's main story-line and those blasted time doors and Skeletons.

Loony BoB
07-29-2015, 03:20 PM
Dungeons, dungeons and more dungeons. Especially anything where almost the entire dungeon is a specific dull colour, such as grey (I'm lookin' at you, cave dungeons) or brick (I'm lookin' at you, dungeon dungeons).

Snow areas tend to almost always be crap, too.

Still, for the sake of specifics...

I - The part where you want to put some personality into your characters, but nope.
II - The part where you have to grind because you realise you played the system all wrong.
VI - The part where you have to go up a tower without magic.
VII - The part where you have to constantly stop to warm up Cloud while going up a mountain.
VIII - The part where you don't have access to any towns, just because.
IX - The part where you start playing Chocobo Hot & Cold.
X - The part with Tidus, the part with Yuna and the part with Seymour.
XI - The part when you realise that each level is genuinely going to take that much longer. And there is nobody.
XII - The part when you stop doing hunts and collecting bestiary information and get back to the story and then realise that you don't know what the fuck is going on anymore.
XIII - The part when you get sent to that arc thing.
XIV - The part when content gets gated.

I haven't finished III and IV, and I can't remember anything annoying about V.

DMKA
07-31-2015, 03:50 AM
I: The Water Dungeon
II: Leveling up
III: The Final Dungeon
IV: That Fire Cave with the doors that come to life and attack you
VI: That part where you have to keep catching fish
VII: Temple of the Ancients
VIII: Desert Prison
IX: Friendly Monsters
X: That first Blitzball game
XI: The Dead Dunes
XII: The Great Crystal
XIII: Orphan's Cradle

Pumpkin
07-31-2015, 07:24 AM
Hmm

IV - The last dungeon was horrendous
V - Umm the ship graveyard probably
VII - Midgar
VIII - The space thing. RINNNOOOOAAAAAA
IX - Gargan Roo
X - Bikanel Desert when you're looking for everyone. Once you find Home I like it a lot, but before then is no. Also the mandatory Blitzball match, I dread that everytime
XII - The sandsea
XIII - Barthandewhosit fights

The others didn't have anything that stood out enough to me

Vermachtnis
07-31-2015, 07:24 AM
I: Marsh Cave
II: That part where I tought Holy to Maria because it was an offensive spell, but used Spirit instead of Intellegence.
III: The Begining
IV: The Underworld
V: Start of World 3
VI: Ghost Train
VII: The Boat ride after Junon
VIII: Sewers
IX: Disk 3
X: "I'M ANNOYING! COME ON!"
XII: The Beginning with just Vaan and the desert
XIII: Hope and Lightning's section

Fynn
08-01-2015, 09:38 AM
I won't list all of them now, but since XIII is fresh in my mind, I'm gonna go with chapters 9 and 10. Through the game was bad before, this is where my patience with the hallway ended. Especially since right after that we get Gran Pulse which is decent enough, if way too little too late and you still get limited access to the Crystarium, wtf. In general XIII is probably my least favorite moment in the series.

FFNut
08-01-2015, 08:19 PM
I won't list all of them now, but since XIII is fresh in my mind, I'm gonna go with chapters 9 and 10. Through the game was bad before, this is where my patience with the hallway ended. Especially since right after that we get Gran Pulse which is decent enough, if way too little too late and you still get limited access to the Crystarium, wtf. In general XIII is probably my least favorite moment in the series.

I never could make it that far. The ga,e was just awful as a FF title.

Wolf Kanno
08-02-2015, 09:09 AM
FF: Elfland and the whole quest to wake up their Prince. I generally don't care for chain of deal type quests unless they are mercifully short (which this isn't) and it's the game's first real difficulty spike with some of the more obnoxious early dungeons/enemies and when everything becomes absurdly expensive.

FFII: Hunting down the Masks for the Ultima spell. Mostly feels like the devs trying to make the game last longer than needed and it involves two of my least favorite dungeons.

FFIII: Goldor's Mansion and the Cave of Shadows, while neither dungeon has issues with boss battles, the random encounters in both of these dungeons are obnoxious, the game has a high encounter rate, and one dungeon makes it worth your while to explore with a lousy thief, while the other is a maze of the most annoying kind.

FFIV: The Underworld, while it has it's high points: Rubicante, Calcabrina, Land of Summons, and Sylph Cave. Again, this part of the game feels less like progressing through a story and more of the devs trying to milk another ten hours into the game.

FFV: Probaby some of the early sections of the game. You know Bartz party is fated to fail so it kind of kills some of the suspense and by the time you unlock some of the final sets of jobs, you'll be spending your time leveling them in the better second world.

FFVI: Probably recruiting Sabin on Mt. Koltz, it's an overused Kung-fu story arc, the dungeon is pretty bland and the boss battle is a gimme if you know what you're doing. It also just feels a bit out of place in the narrative.

FFVII: Probably the whole Large Materia Quest as I still feel like it's one giant plothole that does more damage to the player's perception of the party than any good. It's not helped that Barret and the Fort Condor segments are pretty underwhelming in terms of emotional pay-off.

FFVIII: Esthar, I just feel like the plot gets crazier the moment you reach it and everything dealing with it involves some of the more annoying segments of the game. I like to think it's the point where Nojima gave up on making the plot sensible.

FFIX: When your party heads towards the Outer Continent. Sure Vivi gets some strong moments in the Black Mage village but Eiko isn't as interesting as I would like her to be and we've lost the more interesting and entertaining Steiner and Freya until Disc 3.

FFX: Everything between reaching Luca until you reach Zanarkand. Yes, I'm aware that is almost 80% of the game.

FFXI: Leveling up until you get sub-jobs and can finally get people besides friends to finally go questing with you... unless your main was thief.

FFXII: Having to listen to haters whine about Vaan, Penelo, and the Zodiac Spear.

FFXIII: Chapters 1-3, 10, and 12-13. Chapter 10 is completely pointless and really should have been edited out because absolutely nothing important happens in it. the other five chapters are dragged out so long despite very little happening in any of them that they could have all been edited down to two chapter top, one for the beginning and the other for the ending.

FFXIV: Having to listen to my drinking buddy bring this game up every ten minutes in any conversation we have anymore. I get it, the game is amazing and you love it, can we get through a conversation about video games, story telling, and game design without you talking about XIV, Yoshi-P and you're future plans to marry both of them.

Forsaken Lover
08-02-2015, 08:40 PM
2Oy6DwHAi70

Snap Jumper
08-04-2015, 02:08 AM
I: Terra Cavern/Earth Cave. High encounter rate, easy to get lost in, dark palette, but the worst thing? Having to go through the first three floors three times each. And there is no item shop in the nearest town, either.

II: Doors that lead to empty rooms with high encounter rates. And if they have Imps or Abyss Worms in there, God help you.

III: Cave of Shadows. In the Famicom version, there are tons of encounters. Nearly every encounter has splitting enemies. Most of the passages are hidden. Some are just loops or dead ends.

IV: Fabul. You're going to take my healer and black mage out of the party? And leave me with Edward, who is only useful for splitting potions, Yang, a glass cannon, and Cecil, who is actually good. This party needs its ladies.

V: The Fork Tower and the battle with Omniscient.

VI: Feeding Cid the fish. I've just finished the toughest boss of the game so far, had a timed escape sequence that can't be shortened unless I let Shadow die, sat through a long cutscene, and now you want me to try to save someone by feeding them fish? If players don't figure out that they can get to the world map to save, this becomes agonizing if they start to fear having to do all that again.

VII: Cloud's flashback in Kalm. And the game won't let me go on until I do it. I really hate the cheesy way the game stops you from skipping something or not finishing the Wutai quest.

VIII: Irvine. Everything about him. Quit stopping me from leaving when I have become bored of talking and I just want to continue the game. Quit telling Squall that Rinoa should be his top priority when Squall can decide that for himself. Quit acting like a tough guy or a “ladies' man” only to wimp out of shooting someone. Just stop! Dishonorable mention: the space rescue, the orphanage reveal, having to re-junction my characters, entering train codes.

IX: Playing “red light green light” as Cid vs. a Hedgehog Pie. Seriously, Cid? The animal is caged up. Just do what you need to and do it quickly. Your teammates need to be freed.

X: Cloisters of Trials. I can't stand any of them, except Zanarkand. Macalania is especially aggravating because it's long and there is a reset tile that's easy to accidentally step on. At least there are no encounters during these.

XI: Leveling up. It took way too long, and I can't sit and play for just an hour at a time, so I stopped playing.

XII: I got nothing. There are only 2 things that annoy me about this game: having Vaan as my avatar when exploring towns with no other choice, and the Disease status. On second thought, it's the Disease status.

XIII: The “Leader dies = game over” dynamic. The omission of the classic victory music doesn't help, either.

XIV: Never played.

XV: The time between this game's announcement and its release has been over nine years. The entire NES/SNES era from I's release to VI's release was shorter than that.

MJN SEIFER
08-10-2015, 02:31 PM
I may have to come back to this, as I can't think of some at the moment.

I: Haven't played enough.

II: Haven't played enough.

III: Haven't played enough.

IV: Haven't completed.

V: It's been a while, so I can't remember.

VI: I think it's that security thing in Narshe, especially when I don't know/remember the correct route.

VII: I really need to look at this game without Nostalgia Goggles - I can't think of a single part I don't love. :love:

VIII: D-District Prison. It's largely just going down several rooms that look the same, and then you tell me I have to go up!? It has the right atmosphere for a prison though.

IX: Can't really think at the moment, might be what Snap Jumper said (I'll have to replay it),

X: Not completed. I don't really like how it's voice acted though (I'm just stuck in the past with Final Fantasy, and think they're better with text).

I've not played the others.

Cloud I know that you are lying. Just shh and let me go to Junon already.
Is this a joke, or did you actually think he was lying?

black orb
08-12-2015, 03:51 AM
>>> All the minigames, except for leblanc massage..:luca: