PDA

View Full Version : FFXVI: A Tale of Three Platforms?

fat_moogle
07-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Last year I made a thread about the possibility of Final Fantasy XVI being exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS ( http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/159602-Could-FFXVI-be-exclusive-to-the-Nintendo-3DS?highlight=FFXVi ).

With the recent announcement of Dragon Quest XI for PS4, 3DS and NX it got me thinking that Square Enix might do something similar for FFXVI. Nintendo are obviously going to fight hard for third party support on the NX, something that they have lacked with the Wii U. Notice how I don't mention Xbox One? Well obviously I don't have a crystal ball but something tells me the game isn't going to sell that well on it, which might impact future iterations of the franchise on the platform.

Mirage
07-30-2015, 10:02 PM
It was wild speculation in your previous thread too :p.

If it's gonna be on 3 platforms, it'll be XB1, PS4 and NX, possibly with a handheld spinoff or two.

fat_moogle
07-31-2015, 12:36 AM
Can't go wrong with a bit of wild speculation :D

I may be slightly mad but I really feel that FFXVI will be announced within 18 months of FFXV being on the market.

DMKA
07-31-2015, 03:37 AM
Considering that of the 1.5 million copies Final Fantasy Type-0 HD sold, only 100,000 of those sales globally were on Xbox One, I'd be surprised if Square Enix makes it a point to release future FF titles on it beyond what's already been announced.

I'm actually curious if Final Fantasy XVI is already in development or not. There has been some pretty in depth speculation from a few people in the industry about it, and it really should be, considering that every FF since VIII has entered development before it's predecessor was completed.

Mirage
07-31-2015, 09:45 AM
I don't see why it would not be in development, at some stage. Even scenario writing counts as being in development.

Fynn
07-31-2015, 09:55 AM
Ito hasn't been doing anything substantial for a long time.

Though I find it unlikely that a director that important has been relegated to mobile titles only.

Just saying.