PDA

View Full Version : Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

charliepanayi
07-31-2015, 07:13 PM
Hoping to see this on the weekend. I know Tom Cruise is mad and all but this series has been pretty good on the whole (apart from the second one, which was terrible) and the reviews have been decent. Plus Simon Pegg! Jeremy Renner! Ving Rhames!

DMKA
08-01-2015, 01:33 AM
Saw it yesterday and it was fantastic. Tom Cruise is one hell of an actor.

I can't decide whether this or Ghost Protocol is my favorite MI film. They're both wonderful.

Ayen
08-01-2015, 01:46 AM
I'm seeing it Monday, looking forward to it. Though I haven't seen any of the other Mission Impossibles, so I hope it isn't too hard to follow.

DMKA
08-01-2015, 04:13 AM
I'm seeing it Monday, looking forward to it. Though I haven't seen any of the other Mission Impossibles, so I hope it isn't too hard to follow.

Nope! Absolutely nothing in the film relates to the past films.

charliepanayi
08-01-2015, 06:44 PM
It's the second weakest in the series to date, but it's good. Some nice sequences, and I still find it fun seeing Simon Pegg in films like this when I'll always remember him in Spaced.

DMKA
08-02-2015, 06:43 PM
It's the second weakest in the series to date
Seriously? I just rewatched MI1 and MI2 last night for the first time in probably ten years and all I could think while watching them was "Good lord, Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation are light years better than this." :p

The only film I've never seen in the series is III so I can't really comment on that one.

charliepanayi
08-02-2015, 06:51 PM
I really like the first one, the heist in it is still the highlight of the series to date for me. Plus, random appearance by David Schneider in the final fight! MI:II is terrible though.

Ayen
08-02-2015, 06:55 PM

Nope! Absolutely nothing in the film relates to the past films.

Good. Less work for me. I can't wait to see the full plane scene.

Slothy
08-03-2015, 04:00 PM
The first Mission Impossible will always be the best one. You have to keep in mind it's not an action movie primarily like the rest of the series but a rather stellar spy movie that was actually a spy movie.

Mirage
08-03-2015, 04:02 PM
I liked MI1 for that reason too. It was actually spyish.

alferddeen
08-04-2015, 07:14 AM
I watched MI 5 on saturday night. I love Tom cruise stunts were fantastic and I really love him sexy.

Mirage
08-04-2015, 01:15 PM
You shouldn't fall in love with completely crazy people...