PDA

View Full Version : Hard Hitting Enemies!

Formalhaut
08-10-2015, 01:45 AM
So I'm still pretty early in the game, and while I'm doing okay, I find that in some battles I keep getting my ass handed to me and I have to retry before I get the game over screen.

One enemy in particular in the Siedge Weald, whose name I've forgotten, keeps using their 'Thunder Anima' move from long distance, which cuts a sizable chunk off of my team's health. I do have a white mage, but the healing spells in this game are questionable at best.

I also have chemists, who are useful, but they can only heal one at a time.

Given that you already have lowish health to begin with, is there any way to make my team more durable and able to take more hits? I feel like some battles are a long slog of attrition, chugging enough potions so my knights and Monk Ramza can pummel them to death.

Wolf Kanno
08-10-2015, 03:54 AM
Actually Chemist can destroy those enemies. Their undead so a phoenix down will auto-kill them. Later on when you get Mustadio or access to the oracle class, you can petrify them and never have to worry about them.

I generally find Chemist more useful than White Mages.

FFNut
08-10-2015, 04:19 AM
This game is tough, I'm still to beat it though I've played it for years. Still live it, but tougher battles are ahead.

VeloZer0
08-10-2015, 05:45 AM
Since defence is a non-existant stat in FFT all you can basically do is rely on positioning to avoid getting hit. Take some time at the start of every battle to try and imagine how it will play out, and what opening moves to make to have all of your characters engaged with as small a number of enemies as possible at once. Unlike most FF games were you have no choice but to take your damage and heal it as the fight goes on in FFT you can think of healing as more of a backup plan.

Formalhaut
08-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Since defence is a non-existant stat in FFT all you can basically do is rely on positioning to avoid getting hit. Take some time at the start of every battle to try and imagine how it will play out, and what opening moves to make to have all of your characters engaged with as small a number of enemies as possible at once. Unlike most FF games were you have no choice but to take your damage and heal it as the fight goes on in FFT you can think of healing as more of a backup plan.

I think that's my main issue. Some of my characters end up taking on two-three hits from the 'Thunder Anima' spell, which cripples their HP. Before I know it, my burly knights are down and I'm left with only my chemists, who, while very useful, can only heal/revive one at a time.

Seriously, these things take off 30~ a hit.

VeloZer0
08-10-2015, 04:40 PM
If you want a non-cheap weakness to the Skeletons (the cheap version being the insta-kill phoenix down) you can also use fire elemental stuff against them, which basically means black magic at that point in the game.