PDA

View Full Version : How about a PS4 Remaster Collection?

Sephiroth
08-10-2015, 11:58 AM
With all those PS3 titles that get their remaster even if only 1-2 years old - like The Last of Us - why not bring out a Trilogy Remaster Collection of FFXIII? With all kinds of extras like costumes for Lightning Returns, the Collosseum for XIII-2 (maybe even for Lightning Returns as new extra) and extras/DLC codes for FFXIII-1 so we can actually do more once we have reached the end of the first installment? Would that something you'd consider buying?

Mirage
08-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Not really. If I really wanted to see them "remastered", all I would need is to get them on PC and use the magic of graphics settings to make htem look as good as a PS4 could ever have made them, or even better

Fynn
08-11-2015, 02:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zxl58Pv.jpg?1

Bolivar
08-12-2015, 01:03 AM
More options wouldn't hurt :shrug:. I never played the sequels, so I wouldn't mind having a full 1080p option, all in one collection. From the cross generational games I've played, rendering them at the native resolution of an HDTV makes a huge difference and I don't really enjoy playing these kinds of games on my PC.

Spawn of Sephiroth
08-14-2015, 04:32 PM
I would love that. It's been rumored for some time. I'd would buy it but they should include all the dlc from xiii2 and lr. I absolutely loved all 3 of these games, and still to this date, the only reason i never traded my 360 in when i got my ps4 so i could still play those three games and fallout 3.

fat_moogle
01-18-2018, 12:30 AM
I've got a feeling that this will be announced at E3. If it's not then I'll actually be shocked. I mean PS4 currently has the VII, IX, X/X-2 and XII Remasters. Why not XIII, too?

Vyk
01-18-2018, 04:18 PM
Seems like they need to port 8. Not that I particularly like that game either. But if they're going to do XIII, then they also need to do VIII. Especially since they already have the games directly before and after it from the PS1. But as much as I dislike XIII I wouldn't be opposed to this. It's easy money, its convenient for console owners, and it helps out the people who do actually like those particular games. There's very little down-side; especially since I can't imagine such a simple port to detract from any major projects. I mean they could probably put 2 or 3 guys on it and have it done in a week since it's basically just converting files for compatibility

Galuf
01-18-2018, 07:26 PM
no next year is the FF XVI HD remaster. then the XV remaster, then the FFT remaster, then the FFXIII remaster, then teh FF IV RE RE REmaster. then FF1 and 2 RE RE REmaster. then FFx=X2 RE REmaster.
basically every game except VIII cos square enix are cruel to the poor game, and i dont even like it that much its just the truth

Krizzy
01-19-2018, 12:08 PM
Not interested.

I'd been watching the cutscenes of XIII and trying to finish it, but I just can't. I dropped it after the 5th hour, 3 hours more left. I wonder if it'll get better...

Square should remake the older FF games first.

fat_moogle
01-20-2018, 12:50 AM
@Vyk: Yeah, I'm not a big fan of FFVIII either but Square need to get that PS4 port sorted. As for XIII, I can't lie: I liked it. Enough to complete the game twice on PS3. However, even though I also liked FFXIII-2 I found the ending frustrating so I never bothered to get Lightning Returns. So yeah, I'm not sure if I'd buy a trilogy on PS4.

CimminyCricket
01-27-2018, 03:00 PM
This is a hard no from me.

Bubba
02-01-2018, 08:56 AM
Despite owning all three I have never even once put them into my PS3 disc drive. Would I buy a remastered PS4 trilogy? Of course I would! I love pissing my money away on unnecessary duplicates. I own FFXII on PS2 and PS4 and have barely invested an hour in it.

Loony BoB
02-02-2018, 02:08 PM
I'd prefer they wait another generation or two before they consider it. I prefer the idea of remaking than remastering either way.

Example
02-03-2018, 02:35 PM
Meh, already played it once and don't need to again. Game's not even that old.

Vyk
02-07-2018, 04:40 AM
Despite owning all three I have never even once put them into my PS3 disc drive. Would I buy a remastered PS4 trilogy? Of course I would! I love pissing my money away on unnecessary duplicates. I own FFXII on PS2 and PS4 and have barely invested an hour in it.
There's a lot of games I own, that I don't, or can't play for one reason or another, just to support a developer. Not sure I'd do it for Squeenix, but I get the sentiment

maybee
02-07-2018, 10:45 AM
If they include a option to remove Snow and Light from the story, then, yeah ?

Krizzy
02-19-2018, 12:09 PM

I'd say remove all of them :p

Maybe I could live with some of them, but not with Vanille, she's the most annoying FF character ever.

Actually, not only the characters are the problem but the story itself, so even if everyone was removed, it'd still be a boring game.

maybee
02-20-2018, 02:18 PM

I'd say remove all of them :p

Maybe I could live with some of them, but not with Vanille, she's the most annoying FF character ever.

Actually, not only the characters are the problem but the story itself, so even if everyone was removed, it'd still be a boring game.

Awwh I love Vanille. But I respect your opinion ! And Hope ! :jess:

Yeah the FF13 story is pretty bad. Shame because if it was better written, the game could've had a saving grace. Heard that it works better in its original Japanese text, though that's just a rumour.

Krizzy
02-21-2018, 02:28 PM

Yeah the FF13 story is pretty bad. Shame because if it was better written, the game could've had a saving grace. Heard that it works better in its original Japanese text, though that's just a rumour.

What do you love about Vanille?? :)

Hope is annoying but I do get where he's coming from, so he's ok.

I highly doubt a convoluted story as XIII works better in its original text, no matter how good the script is. :roll2

maybee
02-22-2018, 11:26 AM

What do you love about Vanille?? :)

Hope is annoying but I do get where he's coming from, so he's ok.

I highly doubt a convoluted story as XIII works better in its original text, no matter how good the script is. :roll2

I hated Vanille at first, but then the game basically tells you that she's faking acting cheerful it just feels pretty human.