PDA

View Full Version : Visual C++ Runtime Error

Colonel Angus
08-16-2015, 06:30 AM
When I try to load a iso on PCSX2 1.2.1, I get a Visual C++ Runtime Error & it crashes. Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions?

Colonel Angus
08-17-2015, 03:48 AM
I uninstalled the VC++ that came w/ the emulator, then reinstalled it (along w/ the 64-bit version) from Microsoft. I, however, still get the error. Am I missing something? The two versions that came pre-installed w/ my computer were the 2010 (x86) & (x64). I also failed to mention that I'm running 64-bit Windows 8.1.

Shoeberto
08-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Not to cop out, but I'd try their forums or bug list. The devs there should probably know which VC++ redistributable you need for the software. Different projects built with Visual C++ potentially require different redistributable packages, so it's a bit of a crapshoot trying to guess.

Colonel Angus
08-18-2015, 11:18 PM
Not to cop out, but I'd try their forums or bug list. The devs there should probably know which VC++ redistributable you need for the software. Different projects built with Visual C++ potentially require different redistributable packages, so it's a bit of a crapshoot trying to guess.
I think it was there forum where I got the link to Microsoft's site. I probably need to dig a little deeper.

Colonel Angus
08-19-2015, 02:02 AM
Yesterday I downloaded a directx End-User Runtime web installer to get my snes9x to work & I think it fixed what was wrong w/ the PCSX2 as well.

I just opened it after tinkering w/ the graphics settings & it worked. Then I tried it w/ the default plug-in & it worked again, so I think what I downloaded yesterday was what helped.

Thanks, though, shoe for suggesting to look more into their site, because I looked around & did find a guide that explains the settings/plug-ins. :up: