PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII on iOS. Yes, this is real.

Colonel Angus
08-20-2015, 12:33 AM
Square Enix announced today that a port of the PC version of Final Fantasy VII was released today with the latest Apple Store update. This version, for the iPhone and iPad with iOS 65464version 8.0 and up, will feature touch controls and an option to turn of random encounters (speed run, anyone?). There is also the option to max out your stats automatically, in case playing the game becomes a hassle. Actually, considering that it has touch controls, that could possibly happen.

The best thing, though, may be the inclusion of the Final Fantasy Portal App. Included with this app is none other than the greatest Final Fantasy side game of all time, Triple Triad. Yes, an official Triple Triad right on your phone!

Another port of Final Fantasy VII will be released later this year on the Playstation 4. Unfortunately, these will have to hold us over until the remake is completed in a year (decade) or two.

fat_moogle
08-20-2015, 01:34 AM
I'll pass on this. I have an iPhone but it's only a 5C and is TERRIBLE for memory. I'll wait for the port of the PC version to hit PS4. Even though I have it on PS3. SE can take my money and put it towards making FFVII Remake great xD

Syssareth
08-20-2015, 05:10 AM
There is also the option to max out your stats automatically, in case playing the game becomes a hassle. Actually, considering that it has touch controls, that could possibly happen.

I nearly died. Because it's SO TRUE. :lol:

Personally, although I think this is pretty cool, it's also completely useless to me since I'm Android. (Kindle Android, at that, so I can't even play Record Keeper.:() Those new features are kind of neat for speedrun/millionth-playthrough purposes though, and I'm a bit envious of that Triple Triad app.

Fynn
08-20-2015, 05:35 AM
Welp, after browsing through the AppStore I can tell you for sure that this is not available in Europe yet :\

Zanmato
08-20-2015, 07:44 AM
Hmmmm... How about Android? XD
I'm aware that iOS can be dev-friendly, but...
Damn, Android has a bigger userbase than iOS!
I was very angry when Magic Duels Origins was released on iOS first... many MTG players were angry too...

Jessweeee♪
08-20-2015, 08:29 AM
lol some people around the internet whining about the level-up feature making the game easy

don't use it

also the ps1 had the gameshark, don't act like like this is a kids-these-days thing

Fynn
08-20-2015, 10:08 AM
SE usually releases their mobile titles on iOS first, but don't worry, it's probably coming to Android soon too.

It was the reverse with FFVI, though. Interesting...

maybee
08-20-2015, 10:11 AM
I might get this because my psp is broken.

Welp, after browsing through the AppStore I can tell you for sure that this is not available in Europe yet :\

Bugger !

KentaRawr!
08-20-2015, 01:32 PM
I've played quite a few games with touch controls and I'm actually pretty decent with them! I got 97 stars in Super Mario 64 on a touch screen, and I finished Final Fantasies 4 and 5 on touch screens too. And when I walk to school I have to go up a hill both ways!

Anywho, I'm not really big on apple products so I'll be passing on this anyway, and if there's ever an android port I'll pass on that too because of reasons. (:3:) But I think it's pretty clear that they're doing their best to capitalize on FF7 remake hype, and I'm okay with that. I'm tempted to start doing Let's Plays just because of the FF7 remake hype, admittedly.

Fynn
08-20-2015, 08:15 PM
I might get this because my psp is broken.

Bugger !
Heads up! It's out now :)

Colonel Angus
08-21-2015, 01:08 AM
That's odd that it isn't available in Europe. It is available in multiple European languagse (German, French, etc.) & I know it was released in, of all places, New Zealand.

Fynn
08-21-2015, 06:06 AM
Well, like I said - it is available now, it just took some hours for some weird reason. I mean, you get a lot of things faster than us but dang it, we get the day pass by faster so why dis? SE why you take away our single privilege? :cry:

maybee
08-21-2015, 10:08 AM
Well, like I said - it is available now, it just took some hours for some weird reason. I mean, you get a lot of things faster than us but dang it, we get the day pass by faster so why dis? SE why you take away our single privilege? :cry:

It could've been so much worse though. I mean didn't it take six-seven months for Euro to get Kingdom Hearts 2 ? Imagine waiting seven months for a port.

Fynn
08-21-2015, 10:16 AM

It could've been so much worse though. I mean didn't it take six-seven months for Euro to get Kingdom Hearts 2 ? Imagine waiting seven months for a port.

That used to be the norm.

The norm before that was getting it never.

fat_moogle
08-21-2015, 02:15 PM
I wonder if the PS4 version of this port will have these new features?

Freya
08-21-2015, 02:50 PM
Is it sad that what used have to be played on tv and was the forefront of graphics is now on a tiny little mobile device? Crazy.

Psychotic
08-21-2015, 03:02 PM
Is it sad that what used have to be played on tv and was the forefront of graphics is now on a tiny little mobile device? Crazy.Isn't that good? Technology rules!

Freya
08-21-2015, 03:12 PM
It does! I just am an old fogie that is surprised by times-a-changing!

Lawr
08-21-2015, 09:22 PM
Turn-based games are not at all hard to play on touch screen. You might have a problem with some of the mini-games I guess, but unless they seriously fumble the GUI, the controls on your phone should be a non-issue!

Rin Heartilly
08-22-2015, 11:03 AM
I'm not too fond of game ports on mobile devices :/ It's probably just me being nit-picky but it somehow feels less authentic and less fun playing it on my phone, compared to playing it on my ps1 at home. The only FF games I play on my mobile is FF record keeper and triple triad, although I can see the appeal of porting games to the phone because you can take it wherever you go, but I have a galaxy s4 and it's battery drains like mad when I play games, I'd rather play on a handheld console.

I think my biggest concern about mobile gaming is that, everything has micro transactions and energy systems, blegh. Which is my biggest gripe about Triple Triad on FF portal. Perhaps if I were rich and could constantly upgrade my phone to the newest ones, I wouldn't mind so much xD

Rocket Edge
08-27-2015, 01:58 PM
I wonder will they do the same and release VIII/IX for IOS/PS4? One can wish.