PDA

View Full Version : Worst leader ever!

Pheesh
08-25-2015, 01:50 AM
With a US election coming up and Australia currently under the 'leadership' of what is most certainly the biggest joke of a PM we've ever had, it inspired me to see who everyone thought was their particular country's worst President/PM/etc ever.

Here is a video of Tony Abbott to get you in the mood.

rJ9y1c73-IM

Shorty
08-25-2015, 05:42 AM
Bush. Bush. Of course Bush.

MIQSx4jAiZM

probably Nixon but for the sake of my lifetime I have to go with Bush :shobon:

Bubba
08-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Andrew Kelly was the worst leader we ever had. There were only ever two of us in the gang. As a six-year-old, I didn't fully understand my role in the party. My main responsibilities appeared to be giving Andrew all of my football stickers.

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2015, 08:40 PM
It's difficult to really discern this since there are certain President's whose policy's I'm against (Bush Jr./FDR/Andrew Jackson) but in terms of causing the most damage to the U.S. probably James Buchanan. The President who stood by and did absolutely nothing to quell the early signs of the Civil War and just let it escalate to the conflict that still defines most of the problems in the country today.

Mr. Carnelian
08-25-2015, 10:35 PM
If I didn't say Margaret Thatcher, the northern side of my family would hunt me down. :p

In all honesty, she was a pretty terrible PM.

DMKA
08-25-2015, 10:52 PM
If I didn't say Margaret Thatcher, the northern side of my family would hunt me down. :p

In all honesty, she was a pretty terrible PM.

Every person from the UK I've ever talked to and Thatcher came up in a conversation either said she was pure evil Satan Incarnate who was the worst PM ever or say she was the greatest thing that ever happened and they love her forever. :p

http://s23.postimg.org/41kbxh0wr/tumblr_mo9zfl94_By1sv786so1_500.jpg

They either love or loathe her. I've never heard any of them say "Oh yeah, Margaret Thatcher. She was...meh, she was alright."

Jessweeee♪
08-25-2015, 11:52 PM
I work in a pharmacy and 99% of the time someone tells me "Thanks, Obama" they're referring to something that started with Nixon.

DMKA
08-26-2015, 12:02 AM
I work in a pharmacy and 99% of the time someone tells me "Thanks, Obama" they're referring to something that started with Nixon.

Yeah, I can't count the number of times I've pointed out to people complaining about "Obamaphones" that Safelink, the first provider of said phones, has been around since Bush was president and life line subsidizes phone services originated while Reagan was president in the 80s.

It goes in one ear and out the other.

Lawr
08-26-2015, 12:11 AM
With a US election coming up and Australia currently under the 'leadership' of what is most certainly the biggest joke of a PM we've ever had, it inspired me to see who everyone thought was their particular country's worst President/PM/etc ever.

Here is a video of Tony Abbott to get you in the mood.

rJ9y1c73-IM

Woah I can't believe that guy's in charge of an entire continent. Oh well, I guess that's what some good ol' Quetiapine will do to ya!

Madame Adequate
08-26-2015, 01:02 AM
Nixon's damage to the status of the Presidency was pretty severe, but outside of that he was just a pretty average bad President, a heap of bad stuff, some of it his fault and some not, but a few good things redeem him, most notable in the international sphere, where he was a genuinely extremely skilled operator.

Reagan and Thatcher are 100% deserving of having their graves defiled though. Thatcher at least had a degree of competence in her brazenly evil policies, and she did admittedly navigate the Falklands War very well, but that's it. Everything else either of them did was absolutely terrible to the point that a dispassionate eye could only conclude the damage done to the US and UK, respectively, was so great (and remains ongoing), that it must be called, without hyperbole, treasonous.

Iceglow
08-27-2015, 07:48 AM
Sorry but Thatcher was far from the worst leader ever. I mean lets stop being pathetic and saying Tony Abbot or Bush or even Blair's incompetence was bad. Let's get past the union crushing (frankly at the time, the unions needed it and I'm working class and I say it. They need another good crushing now too imho, especially the unions for the Tube) and wars that countries were ill prepared to fight and get to the real gritty stuff.

There's 2 names whom immediately come to mind:

Adolf Hitler

Josef Stalin

Both did irreparable damage to their countries reputations. They committed mass murder on the scale of Genocide. They were not considerate to a major part of their governed population and hypocritical in their execution of their vile plans.

Do we really need to argue this more?

Wolf Kanno
08-27-2015, 08:26 AM
^ Well the reason why you're not hearing Stalin or Hitler largely stems from the OP saying they wanted to know who we thought was the worst leader of our own countries. ;)

Pheesh
08-27-2015, 08:30 AM
^ Well the reason why you're not hearing Stalin or Hitler largely stems from the OP saying they wanted to know who we thought was the worst leader of our own countries. ;)

Yep, that was the original intention.

Sephex
08-27-2015, 09:24 AM

It's actually amazing that people still say that with complete sincerity still.

Lawr
08-27-2015, 11:24 PM
Sorry but Thatcher was far from the worst leader ever. I mean lets stop being pathetic and saying Tony Abbot or Bush or even Blair's incompetence was bad. Let's get past the union crushing (frankly at the time, the unions needed it and I'm working class and I say it. They need another good crushing now too imho, especially the unions for the Tube) and wars that countries were ill prepared to fight and get to the real gritty stuff.

There's 2 names whom immediately come to mind:

Adolf Hitler

Josef Stalin

Both did irreparable damage to their countries reputations. They committed mass murder on the scale of Genocide. They were not considerate to a major part of their governed population and hypocritical in their execution of their vile plans.

Do we really need to argue this more?

Hey dude I think you missed the point of the thread almost entirely!

Formalhaut
08-27-2015, 11:35 PM
I'm not terribly clued up with Australian politics: remind me what's wrong with Abbott again?

Pheesh
08-27-2015, 11:49 PM
Some of his more famous sayings and policies have been about how women are better served as being at home in a kitchen instead of in the workplace, he's fiercely anti-LGBT, since his 'stop the boats' (stop illegal immigrants from making it into Australia) our detention centers have been overflowing and on more than a few occasions the living conditions in those camps have received human rights violations from the likes of Oxfam and other such organisations, he's been trying to dredge over parts of the Great Barrier Reef (which is a world heritage listed site), he's forced closure of remote indigenous housing so that the areas that they live on can be mined, he's imposed a tax on women's sanitary products despite the fact that there is not supposed to be taxes on 'essential items', his changes to our National Broadband Plan still keep us way behind in the world rankings for internet speeds despite it finally looking like we were set to make some progress on that front, he's also put forward a plan which deems a lot of people who are suffering from mental and physical disability as "fit to work", and he keeps cutting funds from our ABC and SBS channels despite stating in his campaign explicitly that they would receive no cuts.

There's more.

Formalhaut
08-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Some of his more famous sayings and policies have been about how women are better served as being at home in a kitchen instead of in the workplace, he's fiercely anti-LGBT, since his 'stop the boats' (stop illegal immigrants from making it into Australia) our detention centers have been overflowing and on more than a few occasions the living conditions in those camps have received human rights violations from the likes of Oxfam and other such organisations, he's been trying to dredge over parts of the Great Barrier Reef (which is a world heritage listed site), he's forced closure of remote indigenous housing so that the areas that they live on can be mined, he's imposed a tax on women's sanitary products despite the fact that there is not supposed to be taxes on 'essential items', his changes to our National Broadband Plan still keep us way behind in the world rankings for internet speeds despite it finally looking like we were set to make some progress on that front, he's also put forward a plan which deems a lot of people who are suffering from mental and physical disability as "fit to work", and he keeps cutting funds from our ABC and SBS channels despite stating in his campaign explicitly that they would receive no cuts.

There's more.

Yeah, he seems a bloody terrible leader on many kinds of levels. Why did people vote for this guy? Didn't you guys have Julia Gillard before? She seemed okay?

Pheesh
08-28-2015, 12:07 AM
She was extremely disliked and just one of those 'nothing' PMs

Formalhaut
08-28-2015, 12:12 AM
She was extremely disliked and just one of those 'nothing' PMs

Do you guys have any luck with PMs? :p

Pheesh
08-28-2015, 12:19 AM
As much as I disliked him in some areas you can't argue that John Howard didn't keep the country functioning well and his policies were never outright disgusting like the ones I listed of Abbott's. Also, Gough Whitlam was a fucking champion.

Calliope
08-28-2015, 04:55 AM
John Key has allowed post-earthquake Christchurch to languish, and is trying to rush through the TPPA while distracting the population with unnecessary talk of a new flag. He illegally spied on Kim Dotcom after passing the Government Communications Security Bureau. Despite being elected three times, he's steering the country downhill and wasting a lot of opportunities.

Other than his politics, he acts like a bully and a child. He once told a radio presenter that his shirt was "too gay", this year a waitress complained that he harassed her by coming into her cafe and pulling her hair for months as "a joke", and while visiting a school assembly recently made a student cry by saying that the Maori language was boring and NZers don't to learn it.

Old Manus
08-28-2015, 09:22 AM
Wales has only had three leaders (unless you want to go back to my old mate Grufydd ap Llewelyn in the 9th century) so there isn't much to choose from. They've all been Labour members and they all spent their time enacting bullshit 'headline-grabbing' laws to make people think that the devolved Welsh Government actually has any kind of real ability to change anything. Then when it all goes wrong they blame London.

Pheesh
08-28-2015, 10:20 AM
So this has been going on today. Absolutely sickening attempt at racial profiling by our government which was promptly quashed after a massive amount of internet backlash and protesters who took to the streets of Melbourne. I did warn you that there was more.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/08/28/border-force-officers-question-people-over-visas-melbourne-cbd

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-28/operation-fortitude-cancelled/6733008

Colonel Angus
08-29-2015, 06:40 AM
Ronald W. Reagan is by far the worst human being to ever grace the earth. He literally gave birth to al Qaida through his rectum, destroyed an already shaky economy & gave prominence to the modern Republican Party. He was a major league butt buddy to the already mentioned Iron Lady, Margaret Thatcher.

Richard Milhous Nixon was a saint compared to that vile heathen. Andrew Jackson may have committed genocide, but even that pales in comparison to the long lasting atrocities of The Gipper (my apologies to the Native American communities).

George W. Bush is the spiritual offspring of that vicious ape. Probably a 1.5 to Reagan's #1 Asshole ranking.

Crop
08-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Ronald W. Reagan is by far the worst human being to ever grace the earth. He literally gave birth to al Qaida through his rectum, destroyed an already shaky economy & gave prominence to the modern Republican Party. He was a major league butt buddy to the already mentioned Iron Lady, Margaret Thatcher.

Richard Milhous Nixon was a saint compared to that vile heathen. Andrew Jackson may have committed genocide, but even that pales in comparison to the long lasting atrocities of The Gipper (my apologies to the Native American communities).

George W. Bush is the spiritual offspring of that vicious ape. Probably a 1.5 to Reagan's #1 Asshole ranking.

I don't get it...are you saying you LIKE Ronald Reagan?

Slothy
08-29-2015, 07:26 PM
Hey dude I think you missed the point of the thread almost entirely!

Classic Steve. :lol:

Formalhaut
09-14-2015, 03:37 PM
So... this happened:

Australian Leader Tony Abbott ousted by Malcolm Turnbull after MPs vote (http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/sep/14/australian-leader-tony-abbott-ousted-by-malcolm-turnbull-after-mps-vote)

Say farewell to another terrible leader Australia!

Pheesh
09-14-2015, 06:07 PM
Malcolm Turnbull isn't much better and I would have preferred Abbott have to face a public vote in the next election. It will still be nice to see him lose his seat, but not nearly as satisfying as watching him lead his party into a defeat.

I am looking forward to seeing how the Liberal party tries to spin this considering the amount of negative press they churned out when the Labor party did this exact same thing a few years back.