PDA

View Full Version : Cereals!

Formalhaut
08-27-2015, 12:55 AM
I don't have breakfast often, but when I do I do like a good cereal, but I'm really fussy over them. If they get soggy easily I avoid, so that rules out corn flakes. They're just pretty bad all round really.

I love fruit in my cereals, personally, and nuts. Really, as long as it doesn't go soggy I'm up for anything. Corn flakes are just the worst.

Leigh
08-27-2015, 01:01 AM
Amazing Cereal, if you plan on not eating any more meals for the next 24 hours.

Pheesh
08-27-2015, 02:45 AM
I enjoy Special K. I don't know what it even is, but it is pretty delicious. I only eat cereal when I don't have work though really, I start so early that is prefer to use my time for some extra sleep rather than eating breakfast.

Pumpkin
08-27-2015, 02:51 AM
Almond Oatmeal Crisp and Froot Loops are my favourites :D

Colonel Angus
08-27-2015, 03:51 AM
Coco Puffs, Frosted Flakes & Cap'n Crunch are some of my favorites.

I also like Froot Loops, Trix & Cocoa Crispies.

I could also add Smacks, Lucky Charms & Alphabets.

noxious.sunshine
08-27-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm not big on cereal cuz I'm not a fan of milk. Like at all.

When I was little, I liked Frosted Flakes, Rice Krispies w/Sugar, Lucky Char,s (my mom would get so pissed cuz I'd eat all the marshmallows), & some others. yeah my parents weren't too bright when it came to healthy eating.

I'll smash a bowl of Puffins organic gluten-free whatever corn cereal with some soy milk on occasion tho. I do like it quite a bit.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-27-2015, 06:03 PM
I enjoy Special K. I don't know what it even is, but it is pretty delicious. I only eat cereal when I don't have work though really, I start so early that is prefer to use my time for some extra sleep rather than eating breakfast.

This. I'll catch a quick bite at work.

The only time I have cereal for breakfast is the weekends. I like:

Cracklin' OatBran
Muesli
Honey Bunches of Oats (which sounds like a grammatical nightmare)
Grapenuts (sometimes)
Cheerios

Pumpkin makes fun of my taste in cereal. :(

Zanmato
08-27-2015, 06:09 PM
I'm not big on cereal cuz I'm not a fan of milk. Like at all.

How about eating cereals WITHOUT MILK?

I love eating them this way, because milk makes them pretty bad... they look like vomit sometimes, but it's just me. XD

Fynn
08-27-2015, 07:24 PM
I usually buy these gray wholegrain little pillows. Look kinda like this.

http://www.bifood.com.pl/var/images/218/pl/main/219.jpeg

And then I usually add raisins, cranberries or chocolate, and then sunflower seeds, bran, etc. Might not be as sweet and appealing as regular cereal, but it's hella healthy and actually pretty dang tasty.

Also, no milk. Yoghurt only. Yum.

And call me weird, but I love to leave it out for a while and just let it all sog. Soggy cereal is best cereal, IMO.

Shorty
08-27-2015, 08:30 PM
I don't really eat cereal, but when I do, it's with an end goal of procuring diabetes. Waffle Crisp, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Pebbles, Trix, Cocoa Puffs, Honey Nut Cheerios, Lucky Charms. Give me all of the sugar.

We lived on Froot Loops and Apple Jacks when I was a kid and I will never eat them again lest I throw up. Also, Smacks are disgusting.

Shauna
08-27-2015, 08:32 PM
I like corn flakes.

With like 9 spoonfuls of sugar on top.

Formalhaut
08-27-2015, 09:16 PM
And call me weird, but I love to leave it out for a while and just let it all sog. Soggy cereal is best cereal, IMO.

You like​ soggy cereal?!

Shorty
08-27-2015, 09:21 PM
Soggy cereal is abhorrent.

Fynn
08-27-2015, 09:21 PM

You like​ soggy cereal?!

I don't like it.

I LOVE IT.

Soggy cereal is love. Soggy cereal is life.

It;s the best, man

Formalhaut
08-27-2015, 10:04 PM
I don't like it.

I LOVE IT.

It;s the best, man

See, this is why I only tolerate​ our friendship.

Fynn
08-27-2015, 10:09 PM
I don't like it.

I LOVE IT.

It;s the best, man

See, this is why I only tolerate​ our friendship.

I am so judging you right now :stare:

Shiny
09-22-2015, 05:11 AM
Cereal began to taste like dog treats to me so I don't like it anymore. I use to love Cap'n Crunch, Lucky Charms, etc. and then I just realized it's all sugary dog treats. I much prefer some granola medley with fruits and nuts on top of yogurt (lactose free of course).

Ironically the one cereal I would eat doesn't exist anymore as it was banned for being TOO sugary which means it's sugar level was over 9000. Oreo O's man how I miss thee.

blackmage_nuke
09-23-2015, 12:37 AM
I like the cereals with dried fruits and nuts, not a fan of the super sugary ones and such.

I usually have it for dessert though. It's milky and sweet just like ice cream, and I don't feel bad about eating it, I don't understand why more people don't have it for dessert.

Ayen
09-27-2015, 05:23 AM
Froot Loops is my all time favorite cereal in the world. Follow your nose!

FF_Nash
09-27-2015, 12:34 PM
I've been eating original, plain 'All Bran' every morning for a couple of years. It tastes like cardboard and certainly doesn't look very appetising, but there's a whole load a fibre in there. My Granddad swore by it.

Formalhaut
09-27-2015, 12:38 PM
I've been eating original, plain 'All Bran' every morning for a couple of years. It tastes like cardboard and certainly doesn't look very appetising, but there's a whole load a fibre in there. My Granddad swore by it.

Looks like wood chippings to me.

escobert
09-27-2015, 05:00 PM
Fruity Pebbles > all

Colonel Angus
09-27-2015, 10:29 PM
Had some Frosted Cheerios yesterday & they were pretty good.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-28-2015, 05:30 PM

Looks like wood chippings to me.

Looks pretty close to the Grape Nuts approach to things.

Zanmato
09-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Fruity Pebbles > all

Are you John Cena's fan? :V

Del Murder
09-28-2015, 10:56 PM
Cereal began to taste like dog treats to me so I don't like it anymore. I use to love Cap'n Crunch, Lucky Charms, etc. and then I just realized it's all sugary dog treats. I much prefer some granola medley with fruits and nuts on top of yogurt (lactose free of course).

Ironically the one cereal I would eat doesn't exist anymore as it was banned for being TOO sugary which means it's sugar level was over 9000. Oreo O's man how I miss thee.
What are some dog treats that particularly tasted like cereal to you? Specific brands that you've tried would be preferred. My dog is sick of her current treats and I'd love to get her some that taste like my delicious cereals.

Formalhaut
09-29-2015, 12:25 AM
Isn't American cereals relatively unhealthy and laden with sugar?

Colonel Angus
09-29-2015, 12:59 AM
Isn't American cereals relatively unhealthy and laden with sugar?
Only the good ones.

Depression Moon
09-29-2015, 03:47 AM
Best cereals:

Life Cinnamon
Honey Bunches and Oats - Almond
Honey Bunches and Oats - Cinnamon
Waffle Crisp
Raisin Bran Crunch
Honey Nut Chex
Cinnamon Toast Crunch (Before they changed the recipe)
French Toast Crunch (They brought it back!)

Bubba
09-29-2015, 09:41 AM
MissH has Coco Pops religiously every day. I am only a very occasional cereal eater. It tends to be either Cheerios or Frosties.

Consuming Frosties can be very dangerous though as it is a race against time. Like the majority of people on here, consuming soggy cereal is as bad as eating a sandwich with soaking wet bread. Please everyone adhere to the following steps in order to fully appreciate your Frosties

- Ensure the location where you will be consuming said cereal is close to the kitchen
- Pour Frosties into a bowl
- Spoon at the ready
- Pour milk quickly but carefully to avoid having to wipe up splashes
- Milk quickly back in the fridge
- Proceed to your designated place of consumption and wolf down your cereal lest it become the consistency of moths drowning in milk

Night Fury
09-29-2015, 11:13 AM
I like plain old rice crispies! With a little bit of milk, and I don't mind eating the rice crispies when they're soggy. Soggy cornflakes though? GTFO