PDA

View Full Version : PS4 ejecting bug :/

Rin Heartilly
08-27-2015, 05:18 PM
Hello! I didn't see this question anywhere but if it's already been answered feel free to delete this!

So anyway, my ps4 is fairly new I've had it for around 4 months now but I was wondering whether anyone has experienced this annoying bug. Sometimes while playing a game or watching youtube on my ps4, it will start to beep and randomly eject the disk and continuously try to eject the disk even without a disk inserted. It'll make this whirring sound every 5 seconds :/ Like it's bulimic or something.

I usually turn off the power and unplug it for a while and it'll go back to normal, but it's only temporary because it'll start doing it again every now and then. It will especially start doing it if I plug in the controller cable too

Does anyone know why this happens and what I can do to fix it? :S

Thanks ^^

Pheesh
08-27-2015, 05:23 PM
If it's still that new then just get it into the store where you got it from and have them fix or replace it. No use messing around with it when it's still under warranty.

I've never actually encountered or heard about this error before though, so I couldn't tell you what would be causing it.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-27-2015, 05:48 PM
Maybe this will become the red ring for this generation of console.

I agree. Return it asap while you still have new product support.

Pheesh
08-27-2015, 05:52 PM
A quick google search did bring up this though.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/09/12/how-to-fix-a-ps4-that-ejects-discs-unexpectedly

Mirage
08-27-2015, 06:50 PM
Maybe this will become the red ring for this generation of console.

I agree. Return it asap while you still have new product support.

redring usually means catastrophic failure, not very similar to what this seems to be

Tyson
08-27-2015, 10:14 PM
Oh my PS4 does this sometimes too! (but then it will start working for like 6 months before it happens again)

From what I can tell it might have something to do with the temperature of the room making the plastic expand ever so slightly. They made the eject button WAAAAY too sensitive on the PS4, it only needs to be pushed like half a millimetre and it will eject.

My solution is similar to yours, I would usually unplug it and move it around. I also found if I left the front right corner of the PS4 hanging off the edge of my entertainment unit it would stop doing it.

Now that I think about it, it probably hasn't done it in a year or so now. Needless to say I never move the thing just in case haha.

Rin Heartilly
08-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone! The ps4 was a gift so I have no idea which store it was bought from (I'm suspecting it was EB games but I dunno which one) and I don't have the receipt obviously but I'll try and find out if I can get it looked at.

I'm gonna try the corner thingy Tyson! I've read about people removing the shiny top flap to tighten the manual eject button with a screwdriver but I don't even want to try that unless I really have to, so hopefully the corner thing works. My room isn't well ventilated at all either cos my roller shutter is busted so my window is permanently blocked until I get it fixed :/

Tyson
08-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Yeah tightening it would probably do the trick. I took the cover off to upgrade the hard drive once, not game to mess with the button unless I have to tho :P

If you do manage to get it working I'd suggest ejecting disks by tapping triangle and hitting eject in the menu. Don't risk hitting the button.