PDA

View Full Version : If you could only save one...

Colonel Angus
09-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Say there was some random disaster in your hometown. If you could only save one of your possessions, which would it be? Would you save your favorite game? Your favorite book? Or would it be something else?

Note: Excluding living things, such as love ones & pets.

escobert
09-02-2015, 05:18 PM
I would save something that would actually help me survive?

Formalhaut
09-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Note: Excluding living things, such as love ones & pets.

Presumably they all got swept up by the freak sharknado.

Eh, probably the laptop or mobile phone so I can use it to call for more help. Of course, if the disaster is affecting the entire world and no help would be around, I might as well pick my favorite book to live the last few hours of my life in relative happiness.

Pumpkin
09-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Teddy

Zanmato
09-02-2015, 08:28 PM
PC and mobile phone are very important to me, but the latter is more important to me. :P
But we have to remember that our lives are the most important here!

Freya
09-02-2015, 10:07 PM
My phone. It's in my pocket or attached to my hand at all times. So that'll probably it.

Colonel Angus
09-02-2015, 10:45 PM
I would save something that would actually help me survive?
IDK, would you? :p

Nothing. Especially if I'd be putting myself in danger trying to get it.

Things are replaceable, my life and my loved ones' lives are not.
You have very skewed priorities. :p

Actually, this poll is regarding if you had clear time to save something. Your life wouldn't necessarily be in imminent danger. So it's not like you're running into a burning building to save your Sega Dreamcast. It's something you could grab & run.

As for me, I chose laptop. However, I'd be very tempted to take my Wii U if I had Super Mario Maker. #9Days

Formalhaut
09-02-2015, 11:43 PM
Actually, this poll is regarding if you had clear time to save something. Your life wouldn't necessarily be in imminent danger. So it's not like you're running into a burning building to save your Sega Dreamcast.

Although in a post-apocalyptic society where the only currency is bartering and trading, your precious Sega Dreamcast or heaven help you Angus, your copy of Super Mario Maker won't get you much.

Shorty
09-03-2015, 12:23 AM
Probably my laptop. Has all my favorite photos, games, books etc already on it.

Colonel Angus
09-03-2015, 01:51 AM
Actually, this poll is regarding if you had clear time to save something. Your life wouldn't necessarily be in imminent danger. So it's not like you're running into a burning building to save your Sega Dreamcast.

Although in a post-apocalyptic society where the only currency is bartering and trading, your precious Sega Dreamcast or heaven help you Angus, your copy of Super Mario Maker won't get you much.
ARE YOU NOT FAMILIAR W/ THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS SUPER MARIO MAKER, FRIEND? #MarioMakerIsLife

blackmage_nuke
09-03-2015, 05:07 AM
I use my pc as a tv and a game system. It also contains most of my photos, a backup of all the files on my phone and an copy of a lot of the stuff I read, and books are replaceable anyway, as are clothes.

So yea my PC. Unless this isnt some kind of magic genie wish and I decrease my chances of living by lugging around a computer tower, then I'll just grab the external hard drive where I back up everything important once every 6 or so months.

Also why are people talking about a apocalypse/survival scenario? The thread just says the disaster is in your hometown. You can still stay at a relative/friends house until you're back on your feet unless everyone you know lives in your hometown and you have no money in the bank and end up on the streets.

Shiny
09-04-2015, 05:19 AM
Considering when I was in a natural disaster I took my laptop, I would say that. I used it mostly to get some work done, but sometimes I went to areas that had wi fi when we had that crazy Nor'easter a while back. Phone lines were down in our town so there was no way to really call anyone unless you drove further. Most likely in a disaster I'd probably try to have my phone though if I can to just call people.

Funnily enough there was a disaster in my hometown a few weeks back. A quarry break occurred and there was flooding all over. A lot of people who were living in basements had stuff destroyed and some people's cars as well. No one could drive around. If it's a zombie apocalypse I am bringing some type of long range weapon that can also be used as a short range.

Bri
09-05-2015, 04:00 AM
This is easy, obviously I'd save my butchers knife. It does wonders for me in the kitchen and it can be useful in other ways like chopping off... Well anyway, yup definitely my butchers knife!!

Aerith's Knight
09-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Pants.

Dark_Valentine
09-05-2015, 11:16 PM
Mine would definitely be my camera...I could do without the phone or computer...

Bri
09-07-2015, 01:26 AM
yes, what would that item be??

Taiga
09-07-2015, 10:54 PM
Only one item is really difficult...
I chose favorite photos though, because they couldn't be replaced if they were lost/destroyed and I don't have any digital versions of them. But I'd also save my laptop and my gaming consoles if I had enough time, they are just as important to me.

fire_of_avalon
09-07-2015, 11:24 PM
Everytime this thread comes around my answer never changes. My great grandmother's engagement ring & wedding band. But I'm usually wearing that. If I am wearing that & the clothes on my back don't count then I would say my old photo albums.

Christmas
08-12-2022, 03:26 PM
The server that is holding EoFF. It is my only world now. :(