PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

DMKA
09-01-2015, 04:48 AM
Did anyone ever play this game?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/71/NAFfcc.jpg/250px-NAFfcc.jpg

I've always wondered about it. I never played it because I never owned a Wii, but I've literally never met a person who has. Even the biggest FF fans I know seemingly have never played this game. Even people who were crazy about Crystal Chronicles on the GameCube didn't play it. It apparently only sold like 40,000 copies.

Has anyone here played it? How was it? Would you recommend it? Why do you suppose it got completely overlooked?

Mr. Carnelian
09-03-2015, 11:33 PM
I've never even heard of it. I've never even heard of the Crystal Chronicles series, come to that.

With that in mind, I expect the reason few people played it was poor advertising. If people don't even know a game exists, they're not going to buy it. Bad advertising can kill a game more easily than any amount of problems with the game itself.

Formalhaut
09-04-2015, 01:41 AM
My only exposure to the Crystal Chronicles series is some songs on Theatrhythm: Curtain Call. Not a great start, if I'm honest. That boxart looks slightly pedestrian as well.