PDA

View Full Version : Do You Gossip?

Pumpkin
09-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Loose lips sink ships or... or something

fat_moogle
09-13-2015, 05:44 PM
I'm not a serial gossiper but I do like the occasional juicy bit of news; it's only natural in the working environment.

noxious.sunshine
09-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Of course I gossip.

I don't talk about friends though. Unless it's to my fiance. 'Cuz I tell him literally everything. In that sense, with him, allllllmost nothing is off limits.

Except if someone says "don't say anything" ...

But either way, my fiance isn't a gossip with other people about what he and I talk about, so anything I say to him is guaranteed to stay between us.

Shauna
09-13-2015, 06:59 PM
uh

Night Fury
09-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Honorary member of the bitch brigade.

Shiny
09-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Nope because that would actually mean I would have to give more of a shit than I actually do. "I don't want your life."

Freya
09-15-2015, 05:40 PM
I used to but I'm trying to actively avoid it. It's a waste of time and energy to worry and talk about others when I have so much of my own nonsense to worry about.

Fynn
09-15-2015, 05:46 PM
I can't resist sometimes if someone's really pissed me off: I just need to vent. I don't gossip so much generally, only when something is really playing on my mind.

This. I usually just try to live and let live, but I do talk to my wife about everything, and sometimes I do just get fed up with some people and need a friend to vent about them to.

Night Fury
09-15-2015, 08:20 PM
I think venting to a friend/friends about someone is fine, as long as it stays within the confines of those people. I admittedly do gossip with my gal pals, but it's not a great percentage of what we do talk about. I think if it starts taking over your life and you find that your conversations with friends are JUST gossip then yeah, maybe scale back. Also, I'm not a gossip spreader either. I don't hear something and then tell everyone - and I don't just gossip willy nilly. I think sometimes you do just need to do it though.

Also gossiping with my gal pals stops me from being a passive aggressive :bou::bou::bou::bou: to the people I don't like, so, there's that.

Ayen
12-06-2015, 01:11 AM
Why I'd never!

However I have heard that Jinks is plotting a hostile takeover of several restaurants so she can administer a new policy that allows waiters to viciously beat customers who don't tip their server. She already has half a dozen soldiers and guns and ammunition that is ridiculously easy to get online in America.

But shh! You didn't hear that from me. If anyone asks you heard it from a guy who knew a guy, who knew a girl, but that girl was really a parrot.

escobert
12-06-2015, 03:16 AM
It happens but, I try my best not to.

Rin Heartilly
12-08-2015, 06:48 PM
I prefer listening to gossip than talking about it. Most of the time I hear gossip from friends it's usually about people that I don't know well, so I just kind of nod and agree.

Del Murder
12-08-2015, 07:04 PM
I don't ever gossip but I hear all my friends and neighbors are terrible gossips.

Zanmato
12-08-2015, 07:33 PM
I don't gossip and I don't approve such behavior...
My village is full of gossipers and I'm sick of it...

Laddy
12-09-2015, 12:58 AM
I can be if it's minor or harmless stuff otherwise I try to avoid it.

blackmage_nuke
12-09-2015, 01:16 AM
I like to hear things about people just so I can be in the loop when it's alluded to in conversation but if something is stated to be none of my business or the like I'll leave it be.

I don't like to share things other people have confided in me, though I will share things they have done to me if I feel they don't deserve my silence for those actions.

Sephex
12-09-2015, 01:39 AM
I have a meeting every Thursday at 6:39 in the morning. I built a mini chapel in my bedroom. If orange smoke comes out, I have new information to share. If black smoke comes out, then I do not have any new info.

Due to scheduling conflicts, the next meeting with me at 6:40 in the morning. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Loony BoB
12-11-2015, 12:08 PM
I won't go so far as to say 'never' because that would be a complete lie. But it's a rare thing. I don't mind people gossiping to me but I don't like gossiping back, if that makes sense.

Madame Adequate
12-11-2015, 03:23 PM
Yes. I love gossip.

I have literally zero sources for gossip. :(

Bubba
12-11-2015, 04:58 PM
I put No, never but I suppose it should be rarely. I tell Miss H everything so I suppose that counts as gossip? Idk

I did have a chat to a girl at work about her Christmas party fumble with one of my colleagues. She then filled me in on all the other people who had 'altercations'. I don't actively seek this information out though. In fact, MissH will sometimes berate me for not being nosey enough!

I've got plenty of drama in my own life to be worried about anyone elses. This is why I don't watch the soaps. I just don't understand the fascination.

Zeldy
12-15-2015, 08:50 PM
ofcourse I like to gossip. Over a bottle of wine is best.

Miriel
12-18-2015, 09:42 AM
GIVE ME ALL THE GOSSIP.

Look. I have a good job, I have two adorable kids. I have a husband who I adore. We have a very stable lovely life. The highlight of the week was going to Target as a family and then eating cheeseburgers and fries with a vanilla shake.

So to balance that, I need to watch trashy TV shows (Heeeey How to Get Away With Murder!), read trashy blogs (OHNOTHEYDIDN'T - did you hear Chandler and Monica are dating in real life?!) and I need to hear all about the guy in my social circle who slept with his best friend's WIFE. Oooooohhhhh shiiiiiit! Or how my best friend was having a fight with her boyfriend and in a fit of frustration, said boyfriend CALLED HIS MOM TO BACK HIM UP and tell my friend she was wrong! Ahahahahaha.

And Eyeson Staff forum gossip was the best too.

So yeah, I will hear any and all gossip anyone has to share with me. Unfortunately (for you, not for me) I have nothing to offer in return but sympathy and very expressive facial expressions and language.

Mr. Carnelian
12-18-2015, 01:51 PM
I love gossiping about friends, acquaintances and hotties at the pub - mainly with my friend Jo - on Mondays.

Nothing malicious, just "Have you seen x with y? I think they're going to get together soon," that kind of thing. The hot bartender comes up a lot, as well. You didn't hear this from me, but I hate what he did to his hair last week.

Also, seeing as I know quite a few Christians, the occasional "They're getting married?! After dating for less than a year?!". Don't tell any of them I said this, but I think sex might have something to do with it, seeing as they don't believe in sex before marriage...