PDA

View Full Version : Have you played one of the FF MMOs?

Pike
09-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Some people love these, but others just kind of skip over them, preferring the single player experience. Where do you stand?

escobert
09-24-2015, 05:23 PM
I've tried both but was bored pretty quickly. Way too grindy.

blackmage_nuke
09-24-2015, 07:19 PM
I usually dont get past the free content in MMOs. I've never played either FF mmo.

Freya
09-24-2015, 07:53 PM
I tried both. XI several times and the beta for XIV 2.0

Vermachtnis
09-24-2015, 08:04 PM
I don't seem to do anything other than play XIV anymore.

Mirage
09-24-2015, 08:16 PM
I've played both. Their story modes justify the asking price, I think, but FFXI is (was?) quite the grind so it's not for everyone.

Fynn
09-24-2015, 08:19 PM
Just played the trial version if XI and it was AWESOME! We might get into XIV soon though!

Pumpkin
09-24-2015, 08:22 PM
I have FFXIV but because of cost and interest I haven't played in a while. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy it, but I get in the mood for certain games and it wasn't worth paying a monthly fee to just not touch it. I do plan to go back to it eventually

sharkythesharkdogg
09-24-2015, 09:42 PM
I've tried both, and "meh". I might pick up 14 again if Pumpkin gets interested in it at some point.

MMOs don't seem to be all that enjoyable for me. 14 was probably the most entertaining though. If I play again, I'll try to get more involved in the community, that might make it better.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
09-24-2015, 09:51 PM
I don't play MMOs!
I also don't really play Final Fantasy!

Pike
09-24-2015, 10:01 PM
My FFXIV experience was weird; I found it really REALLY fun for about one week. Like, for that week, it was all I played. Then one day I logged in and was like "meh". Since then I haven't really felt it so I haven't played. Oh well.

Formalhaut
09-24-2015, 10:38 PM
I haven't played any MMOs. I suppose I'd enjoy playing them with friends, like with FFXIV with the Fat Chocobos. However, I don't really have time, or a great PC, to really play them properly or in earnest. They are a massive commitment, and some people rely on you to be active participants.

And the grinding. Ugh.

theundeadhero
09-25-2015, 03:04 AM
I've played both but college means it's hard to find the time and the money to keep it up.

Mr. Carnelian
09-25-2015, 12:09 PM
I haven't played any MMOs. I suppose I'd enjoy playing them with friends, like with FFXIV with the Fat Chocobos. However, I don't really have time, or a great PC, to really play them properly or in earnest. They are a massive commitment, and some people rely on you to be active participants.

And the grinding. Ugh.

Exactement.

Plus, the subscription fees which MMOs can require are incredibly off-putting.

Shauna
09-25-2015, 01:24 PM
I have played both. I played FFXIV before I played FFXI which was a terrible idea since FFXI is less newbie friendly. Both Matt and I struggled to get any idea what we had to do. It was suggested in this very forum that we follow a newbie guide to help us through, however... it just didn't grab us at all. FFXIV has obvious direction and we didn't have to follow a guide to get us through the opening section of the game, so uh that ended up sticking.

re sub fees - FFXIV is £10 for the base game and then £9 per month afterwards, which isn't really all that bad, everything considered.

Fynn
09-25-2015, 02:54 PM

And the grinding. Ugh.

Exactement.

So you guys won't be joining when Ania and I will be hopping on board? :G

Mr. Carnelian
09-26-2015, 01:56 PM

And the grinding. Ugh.

Exactement.

So you guys won't be joining when Ania and I will be hopping on board? :G

No. Sorry, Fynn. :cry:

Wolf Kanno
09-26-2015, 11:42 PM
Played XI awhile back but never got far into it. I recently acquired XIV by accident but I'm not really sure if I'm going to bother. I learned with XI, I just don't have the mentality for MMOs.

Ayen
09-27-2015, 01:03 AM
I played a little bit of XI at my cousin's house, but that's it. I have XIV on PS3, just haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Picking my spot since I want to make good use of that 30 day free trial.

Shiva95
09-27-2015, 01:48 PM
I've played FFXIV, but I didn't enjoy it, probably because I'm not a fan of MMOs in general.

Depression Moon
09-27-2015, 06:38 PM
I only played the XIV Realm Reborn beta. Thanks again for that EOFF.

fat_moogle
09-28-2015, 10:26 AM
I've played FFXIV and completed the first part of the story, but I stopped there. It's a good game but it requires too much time. There is SO much more content I would have to get through before Heavensward is even relevant to me.

Del Murder
09-28-2015, 10:53 PM
I played FFXI for about 4 years, got to the max level (at the time) for two jobs and finished all the storylines, and did each of the end game activities at least once. It was tons of fun and I probably put more hours in that game than any other game. Once I felt like I didn't have much else to accomplish, I quit and only looked back a couple times (but not anymore). Since then they've raised the level cap and added a new expansion with two new jobs, but I haven't had a strong desire to go back to it.

I tried playing FFXIV when ARR came out and it was mildly enjoyable but I just didn't feel like starting over again with this and the game didn't really blow me away enough to keep me around. Plus there wasn't really a good way for my wife and I to play at the same time due to time & PC constraints, and us playing together were some of my fondest memories of FFXI (and why I got into it in the first place).