PDA

View Full Version : Do you like roller coasters?

Pike
09-25-2015, 05:00 PM
How do you feel about these thrill-seeking machines?

Fox
09-25-2015, 05:16 PM
I quite like Mr. Bones Wild Ride

Pumpkin
09-25-2015, 07:14 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Del Murder
09-25-2015, 08:14 PM
I don't like that free fall feeling of the bigger coasters or anything that goes upside down. It makes me woozy. But anything that is more about the ride than the thrill (Disneyland stuff) I'm all for.

Freya
09-25-2015, 08:22 PM
First time I went on a rollercoaster I was with the EoFFer, Justy. IT WAS AMAZING. We went on so many. They were so fun.

Shauna
09-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Matt drags me on roller coasters. They are fine. Just fine.

blackmage_nuke
09-25-2015, 10:39 PM
I havent been on many but as long as they dont have too many tight turns I find the feeling of weightlessness terrifying at first then quite relaxing as I atune to it.

Shiny
09-26-2015, 02:23 AM
Kid coasters are for pussies. I like the big ones.

Ayen
09-27-2015, 03:48 AM
Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope!

maybee
09-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Not really, they give me a massive stomach ache.

Bri
09-28-2015, 11:33 PM
Never tried riding on a roller coaster.

Formalhaut
09-29-2015, 12:22 AM
I like them, as long as they don't make my head crash against the seat so I feel like I've got a massive headache afterwards. It happens on the more shaky rides. I remember one ride where my head just kept bobbing between the sides of the head rest. I needed to sit down for a bit after that one.

Any ride that is deliberately disorientating is a no. Though to be honest, this mainly applies to the teacup rides and others of their ilk. I can't handle them. They're just way too much. Mr. Carny adores the things; never understood why.

To be honest, I really like the water rides. There's this ride in... Thorpe Park? Called the Rumba Rapids, it is a fairly gentle 'ride', but it is the perfect cooldown after a really fast roller coaster. And you get sprayed with water, which is always fun. And you can chat with your friends and relax for a bit. And the line is usually short for it as well, which is a plus.

I really miss theme parks now. I kinda want to go. But after the Alton Tower deaths, that has put me off somewhat.

Bubba
09-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Considering I have a pretty bad fear of flying, I actually really enjoy roller coasters. Alton Towers is probably the best one in the UK, despite recent incidents.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32985384

That reminds me of a water slide I went on at the Palm Atlantis in Dubia. You stand up in a tube, you are told to cross your arms and legs then the floor just opens and you drop vertically a LOOOOOOONG way down this dark tube into a pool of water. I cracked my ankle on the way down and it was just generally unpleasant.

I should have known when there was no queue for the ride.

Shauna
09-29-2015, 11:21 AM
But after the Alton Tower deaths, that has put me off somewhat.

I didn't think anyone died? Assuming we're talking the crashes earlier this year!

Bubba
09-29-2015, 11:27 AM

I didn't think anyone died? Assuming we're talking the crashes earlier this year!

A girl had her leg amputated but no-one died.

Formalhaut
09-29-2015, 12:01 PM

A girl had her leg amputated but no-one died.

My bad. Still, that is pretty serious.

Bubba
09-29-2015, 12:15 PM
Absolutely. I've been on that ride a few times in the past. It's scary to think it could happen so easily.

fire_of_avalon
10-01-2015, 12:33 AM
I love roller coasters! All the roller coasters! The only one that's ever freaked me out was Nighthawk at Carowinds because you face the ground the whole time. But time and distance make me wanna try again.

Laddy
10-01-2015, 01:00 AM
I wish I lived closer to a theme park because I fucking love roller coasters.

MissH
10-03-2015, 03:50 PM
I hate rollercoasters!! I don't even like going over speedbumps! I dont like the feeling i get in my tummy!