PDA

View Full Version : Which FF should get the movie treatment?

Colonel Angus
09-26-2015, 05:03 PM
Bri's post in the FFVIII Love thread got me thinking, which FF would you like to see be made into a movie?

Formalhaut
09-26-2015, 05:46 PM
I can kinda see FFXII's political machinations being made into a political fantasy thriller. Along the same vein, FF Tactics is ripe for tension.

Fynn
09-26-2015, 06:08 PM
The Ivalice series needs to be made into an MCU-style movie franchise.

blackmage_nuke
09-26-2015, 08:43 PM
I could see a Marvel Cinematic Universe type thing going with FF6 since everyone in it has a unique power and backstory you could create an individual origin story for half the characters character (maybe joint movies for Edgar/Sabin, Strago/Relm/Shadow, Terra/Celes) and tie it all up with a Returners movie. for the World of Balance, and a stage 2 movie series for the World of Ruin.

If it had to be a whole FF condensed into one 2 - 3.5 hour movie then maybe FF13 since that seems to have the most simplistic, easily condensed story. If it was directed with the finesse of Mad Max 4 and had well choreographed well shot mind blowing action with subtle character development throughout it could be great.

Colonel Angus
09-26-2015, 11:49 PM
The first FF could be done in a movie or two. I think screenwriters would love a chance @ it, since it leaves a lot open for the writer to input their own backstory & characteristics.

That being said, the Ivalice movies are the most Hollywood ready. XII is practically a movie already, just by 6 hrs. of cutscenes alone. I agree w/ Formy that Tactics would make a great movie as well.

V could be fun. It's a story that doesn't take itself too seriously, & could make a nice trilogy (Hollywood loves a trilogy).

Ayen
09-27-2015, 12:59 AM
Final Fantasy VI! You can split it into two parts: World of Balance and World of Ruin. Even though it'd be condensed as smurf, that seems more likely to me if they were going to do it than giving them the MCU treatment.

Rin Heartilly
10-06-2015, 06:35 PM
I want a VI or VIII movie! VI would be an awesome Sci-fi, romance, action drama. VIII would be an epic Action, romance, thriller, drama. That mech spider chase scene would look awesome in a movie +____+

Considering how popular shows like Game of thrones are, I can definitely see FF: tactics or XII being a medieval, action, political drama, fantasy kinda movie.

maybee
10-07-2015, 08:03 AM
Honestly ? Half of me wants a 90's cheesy video game movie like version of FF VI with Kefka being played by Jim Carrey.

Shiva95
10-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Final Fantasy VI for sure! I think it has everything to be a great movie (action, a lot of drama, and even romance)! :)

NeoCracker
10-12-2015, 11:21 AM
There is no way in hell you would ever squeeze out a movie that would please the games fans.

You'd have to do something along the lines of a long running HBO series to do it. Now for that something like most FF's may be doable. For that kind of format though I think IV would be a lot of fun.

Lazerface
10-12-2015, 04:34 PM
VI definitely needs the treatment

black orb
10-15-2015, 05:05 AM
>>> None, movies ruin everything. :luca:

Perducci
10-21-2015, 12:32 AM
FFIX. Maybe an ongoing series rather than a movie.

Vyk
10-24-2015, 04:26 AM
If it had to be a whole FF condensed into one 2 - 3.5 hour movie then maybe FF13 since that seems to have the most simplistic, easily condensed story.
I would think FF1 for the same reason

Madame Adequate
10-25-2015, 04:43 AM
a 9-part epic a la star wars of ff3 is the only answer

Loony BoB
10-27-2015, 06:11 PM
For me, FFVI has too large a cast with too much going on for a 2-3 hour film. It'd be better as a mini-series, perhaps.

FFVII likewise. FFVIII is too ridiculous plot-wise. XII too political and probably too much to be condensed. FFXIII is probably the best shot.

I think films vaguely based on the plots of the games would work better than films trying to accurately match the plots and characters.

Psychotic
10-27-2015, 06:26 PM
I think FFIV would translate into a movie best. Just have the guts to actually kill the characters. I agree with BoB, FFVI would work best as a miniseries rather than a movie given the number of characters.

Wolf Kanno
10-27-2015, 07:16 PM
I think FFI would be the best answer. The overall story is good enough to make an interesting epic, and it's sparse characterization gives lots of leg room to create and reinterpret events into a strong story which means it's less likely to piss off fans who feel Cloud's hair isn't spiky enough or that reducing Kain's times of treachery down by one is detrimental to his whole characterization. It's the safest story to screw with.

FFNut
10-27-2015, 07:58 PM
First off Mystic Quest shouldn't be mentioned as anything other than we tried. I love VI but it's just to big for a movie. I think IX would be great though.

Ayen
11-01-2015, 10:22 PM
I think FFI would be the best answer. The overall story is good enough to make an interesting epic, and it's sparse characterization gives lots of leg room to create and reinterpret events into a strong story which means it's less likely to piss off fans who feel Cloud's hair isn't spiky enough or that reducing Kain's times of treachery down by one is detrimental to his whole characterization. It's the safest story to screw with.

But they better have the infamous "I, Garland, will destroy you!" line or else we riot!

Forsaken Lover
11-02-2015, 12:37 AM
Xenogears.