PDA

View Full Version : Did you fight B'Gamnan the first chance you got?

Colonel Angus
10-01-2015, 05:03 PM
In the Lhusu Mines, during Operation Rescue Penelo, when his crew chases you out the door, have you ever just stayed & fought him & his crew? How did it turn out?

Pumpkin
10-01-2015, 05:05 PM
I just ran away

sharkythesharkdogg
10-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Pretty sure I tried it. Can't remember how it went, but I imagine I was destroyed.

Crop
10-01-2015, 06:40 PM
First time I ran like the game told me to. Second time I was seriously over levelled so I stood my ground and ended up beating them quite easily. I think there's a small cut scene change at the end, and I can't be sure if you get any good loot but I don't think you do.

Galuf
10-01-2015, 10:41 PM
I fought anfleed. Next time Bagmanan will never get away ( deliberate ba'gamnan spellung)

Karifean
10-01-2015, 11:03 PM
Pretty sure I one-shotted him with a Quickening chain. Or just outright murdered him in IZJS because having Level 1 spells with area of effect is pretty damn powerful.

Colonel Angus
10-02-2015, 01:59 AM
I just ran away
BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Pretty sure I tried it. Can't remember how it went, but I imagine I was destroyed.
That's pretty much what happened when I first tired.

Madame Adequate
10-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Yes, first time through I tried, and I got completely fucking destroyed.

Loony BoB
10-02-2015, 04:38 PM
I can't remember D:

Anzai
10-03-2015, 06:29 AM
I honestly can't recall for my first play-through, but on my recent one the B'Gamnan and company got trashed. This time I'd done a fair bit of early grinding and equipment upgrades... I recall starting the fight with a Quickening Chain targeting one of the lackeys and annihilating him; along with some nice splash damage to the others. After that it was a matter of kiting B'Gamnan around while the rest of the party finished off the other two to isolate him... though admittedly I needed to take advantage of several party-swaps, a boatload of potions, and plenty of phoenix downs.

Fynn
10-07-2015, 07:42 AM
I had lived my life the only way that I had known. But when the pillars of that life came crashing down, I did not stand and watch then fall. I turned, and walked away.

DMKA
10-11-2015, 09:03 PM
The first time I ever played I tried to fight him but just ended up running away instead when it became apparent that I was severely under-leveled and quite honestly I still didn't have the hang of gambits and the license board so even if I was appropriately leveled I wouldn't have been equipped to beat him.

In every subsequent play-through I've defeated him with ease.

Formalhaut
10-11-2015, 11:12 PM
I think I have a habit of over-leveling even in my first playthroughs of games, and I defeated them with some challenge. They weren't so bad. It's their numbers that can turn the battle ugly fast.

Madame Adequate
10-12-2015, 12:28 AM
Ha, replaying the game now and just did this very part - Ba'Gamnan and his mates got their trout pushed in! :D

Candystar
12-13-2016, 08:05 AM
In the Lhusu Mines, during Operation Rescue Penelo, when his crew chases you out the door, have you ever just stayed & fought him & his crew? How did it turn out?

LMAO glad im not the only numbnut who tried that mistake! in fact i tried it three times before i took the characters' advice of RUN!!!! im like...ok i try that ne--LARSA GET BACK HERE!!!! dumb medic taking off ahead.....oh well. lol