PDA

View Full Version : FF & Chill, aka which Final Fantasy game is the most relaxing?

Pike
10-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Of all the fictional FF worlds to run around in, which do you find the most relaxing overall?

Jinx
10-05-2015, 05:35 PM
FFX/X-2!

Depression Moon
10-05-2015, 05:47 PM
I was expecting this to be more like Netflix and Chill, but in game as the player Final Fantasy IX, as a resident every game that I played seemed to be in a bad world to live in. I'll say probably X-2 since Sin doesn't exist anymore.

Madame Adequate
10-05-2015, 05:53 PM
X for me, easily.

Ayen
10-05-2015, 06:01 PM
X or VIII. I'm going with VIII since I ran around in that game more than any other.

Fynn
10-05-2015, 06:10 PM
FFV is one of the most relaxing ones to play.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-05-2015, 06:49 PM
Even with an excellent soundtrack, FF8 is a pretty quiet game. You can hear your footsteps just as prominently as the music. You start off in a school that has wind chimes, then you go to Balamb which is acoustic guitar accompanied by ocean waves.

Listening to this video makes it a hard choice.

eGekrtAlLFM

escobert
10-06-2015, 06:58 AM
VIII

Rin Heartilly
10-06-2015, 05:57 PM
I'm going with VIII also, there are so many relaxing music tracks such as FH, Balamb and Balamb garden theme, most towns and dungeons (like tomb of the unknown king), even the world map music is the most relaxing of all FF's. Gameplay-wise it didn't force you to run through a corridor like another certain game that shall not be mentioned, so I spent a lot of time playing TT or collecting magazines or looking for parts to upgrade weapons...definitely VIII :love: but X comes very close! I spent a lot of time playing blitzball which was relaxing to me xD

Night Fury
10-06-2015, 06:02 PM
FFVIII because yeah, the relaxing music.... :)

Scotty_ffgamer
10-06-2015, 07:07 PM
I'm going to say VIII just because that is the game I've spent the most time with. It's a stress reliever for me to play the game because I just find the world and music so calming. It's been a long time since I've played this one though, but I feel like the original Crystal Chronicles was pretty relaxing to me too.

There are parts of XIV that always was relaxing to walk around through, but that ended for me once dungeons became a requirement to continue the story. I eventually hit a wall where I just wasn't very good at the game with playing with other people and just got stuck. But all of the solo stuff is pretty relaxing to me.

Shiva95
10-07-2015, 01:31 PM
I think it's FFX for me!

Lamia
10-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Well, it's got to be IX for me because I don't recall any tense moments in it. FF7 had that train that you had to get off of within a time limit or it'd be game over. I never failed it, but it's definitely not relaxing! FF8 was worse with the spider thing chasing you, and you were on a time limit! And ugh, the non-stop enemies after the Yuna/Seymor wedding in FFX was nerve wracking cause I was afraid I would die and I knew it had been awhile since I had seen a save point. Final Fantasy VI had the timer at the end of the floating continent... I remember the first time I played through it I missed Shadow because I got off as soon as I could because I was pressured by the timer. Final Fantasy I-V weren't easy enough to be relaxing (unless you count Dawn of Souls...)

So yeah, basically, if you put me on a timer I can't relax. lol

Loony BoB
10-08-2015, 05:15 PM
V, VII, VIII, XIII and XIV. For all kinds of different reasons.

V - Most relaxing level grinding. Spend more time thinking about what job to level next than you do actually thinking about anything.

VII - Most relaxing world. I've played this game enough times to just enjoy the feeling of wandering the world on a chocobo or in the Highwind, talking to NPCs, etc.

VIII - Most relaxing zone. Balamb. The music combined with the sea sounds is just perfect for chilling. Also, lots of sidegames and an easy battle system make for easy chilling entertainment.

XIII - I found exploring Pulse with my character-friends to be really enjoyable because of how they run ahead of you, not everything is in a straight line, you can just chill out in certain stunningly beautiful places on the map... yeah, it's great for that kind of thing.

XIV - When all else fails, I love a glorified chatroom and that's what FFXIV becomes when you're too bored to do anything else. It also has a bit of what I was talking about for XIII. Biggest downside? The soundtrack. It can be hit or miss, but over time it grows incredibly annoying to me, so I tend to switch the music off and play something on Winamp instead.

Honourable mention: FFX. The gameplay and characters did not relax me at all, but the hymns in the game can be incredibly relaxing.

Voted for VIII purely because it has the best mixture of the other things mentioned for other games.

black orb
10-15-2015, 06:38 AM
>>> FF8..:luca: