PDA

View Full Version : Do you think they will add in new content for the FFVII remake?

Lazerface
09-10-2015, 10:43 AM
I'd hope so. A lot of remakes of classic games are notable for adding in some new content that wasnt present in the original game which could make the experience better. What do you think?

Psychotic
09-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Probably. Gotta find something for the pre-order bonus and inevitable DLC.

Lazerface
09-10-2015, 11:32 AM
Probably. Gotta find something for the pre-order bonus and inevitable DLC. indeed. Maybe there will be a superboss that suceeds Emerald or Ruby weapon as story mode dlc with new weapons and armor to be used.

fat_moogle
09-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Probably. Gotta find something for the pre-order bonus and inevitable DLC. indeed. Maybe there will be a superboss that suceeds Emerald or Ruby weapon as story mode dlc with new weapons and armor to be used.
Gold Saucer Battle Arena DLC confirmed.

Fox
09-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I definitely think there'll be some new stuff. Bear in mind you had extra towns etc in Crisis Core, I wouldn't be surprised to see them included. Existing places that were relatively small in the original like Kalm or Rocket Town will probably get an expansion.

Lazerface
09-11-2015, 01:58 AM
They should make Goku or Vegeta a companion in a DLC in FFVII remake. At that point, I'd say screw Tifa. I'll take A MOTHERFUCKING SAIYAN WHO CAN BENCH PRESS A PLANET!

Mirage
09-11-2015, 03:08 AM
i'm thinking half the game is going to be changed anyway so there's no way around new content

Scotty_ffgamer
09-11-2015, 03:24 AM
I feel it's almost more likely for things to feel like they were cut rather than added. I wouldn't really be surprised if things like the super bosses end up cut and held back as DLC depending on the direction they take the game. I think a lot of the new stuff will be tweaks involving the scale of things being made more realistic to make the game more realistic and a lot of silliness getting changed or cut due to everything likely being fully voiced (such as the weird beginner's hall stuff).

It's been so long since I've played through the game though that I can't really think of many ways content would be added outside of possible Compilation stuff.

Lazerface
09-11-2015, 03:29 AM
I feel it's almost more likely for things to feel like they were cut rather than added. I wouldn't really be surprised if things like the super bosses end up cut and held back as DLC depending on the direction they take the game. I think a lot of the new stuff will be tweaks involving the scale of things being made more realistic to make the game more realistic and a lot of silliness getting changed or cut due to everything likely being fully voiced (such as the weird beginner's hall stuff).

It's been so long since I've played through the game though that I can't really think of many ways content would be added outside of possible Compilation stuff. Shit they should let Adam Jensen be a DLC character in game. I'd make a dream team of Cloud, Goku, and Adam Jensen. URGH! We'd own all of Gaia like a boss. Considering Adam Jensen is technically a SE character.

Carl the Llama
09-11-2015, 04:37 AM

It's been so long since I've played through the game though that I can't really think of many ways content would be added outside of possible Compilation stuff.

I doubt they will cut things from the original game like emerald and ruby, then shell them out as DLC, I can see them doing additional character arcs through DLC, like a what happens after Sephiroth, lets face it, we have 2 years to play with between Sephiroth and AC and I think it might be diverting enough to get people to shell out for a "what happened after" DLC for their favourite characters. I can also see outfit DLC, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I love it when a game has different outfits, a nice combo would be "play this DLC and unlock this outfit".

As for adding people like Goku, I am 99.99% certain we wont see anything like that.

Psychotic
09-11-2015, 09:41 AM
As for adding people like Goku, I am 99.99% certain we wont see anything like that.What about Sonic? Will we see Sonic?

Carl the Llama
09-11-2015, 01:37 PM
As for adding people like Goku, I am 99.99% certain we wont see anything like that.What about Sonic? Will we see Sonic?

I have a feeling we might see sonic...

http://i.imgur.com/wQIgCD6.jpg

That feeling turned out to be true I guess xD

Mirage
09-11-2015, 04:26 PM

It's been so long since I've played through the game though that I can't really think of many ways content would be added outside of possible Compilation stuff. Shit they should let Adam Jensen be a DLC character in game. I'd make a dream team of Cloud, Goku, and Adam Jensen. URGH! We'd own all of Gaia like a boss. Considering Adam Jensen is technically a SE character.

Sounds like what you want is a Square-Enix crossover game, not FF7.

Lawr
09-18-2015, 02:52 AM
The new content will most likely make the story tie into the compilation. They did a good job modernizing FFIVDS so I think this one will be pretty good too, because in hindsight I think FFVII's story was so-so after Disc 1.

But I also think people will be so infuriated with the new battle system that they will overlook most of the changes!

Sephiroth
09-24-2015, 12:49 PM
I don't think it will be any really new stuff because Compilation stuff is not new and retconned/re-explained stuff is also just stuff that somehow existed in another form and context before or whatever. It is possible though that they finally hint the long overdue sequel.

Ayen
09-27-2015, 04:30 AM
Seeing they're remaking a nearly 20 year old game from scratch on a new engine, I'm going to say yeah. What type of new content, I can't say. But it seems more likely than not.

Vincent Valentine
09-28-2015, 12:43 PM
I'm surprised nobody has suggested this yet...

Revive Aeris DLC

I don't think they'll actually do that, but it would still be funny to see.

Loopah
09-29-2015, 10:49 PM
I'm surprised nobody has suggested this yet...

Revive Aeris DLC

I don't think they'll actually do that, but it would still be funny to see.

Would love to see that. They could do so many things with that. Story/plots changes/etc.

Mirage
10-01-2015, 03:36 AM
It would be stupid as fuck.

Ayen
10-01-2015, 05:21 AM
And yet, I have a feeling they'd make a bundle if they went ahead with it.

FinalxxSin
10-09-2015, 03:11 AM
More optional bosses would be fine with me.

Ixtli
10-14-2015, 06:20 PM
I would think so. Probably like 13-2 and 13-3. There will be character costumes and additional dlc weapons.