PDA

View Full Version : If you're at the movie theater and have to pee do you run to do it or hold it in?

Pike
10-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Miss the movie, or possibly pee your pants?

Make your choice.

Yes this is a real poll. It's serious business.

Bubba
10-26-2015, 05:11 PM
I always hold it. Or rather, I always used to hold it. Whilst watching The Martian recently I was dying for the loo and had to go right at the point where Matt Damon was messaging his crew. I have no idea what they said to each other :(

My bladder looks like it's going to be the first thing to go in my old age.

Shaibana
10-26-2015, 05:25 PM
i will hold it.. cinema is already getting more expensive with the years... im damn sure not going to waste it :P
and i always pee before i leave the house, so i shouldnt be having the need anyway

Pumpkin
10-26-2015, 06:00 PM
Wow I just had this discussion with sharky

Pee. Always pee

blackmage_nuke
10-26-2015, 07:00 PM
Hold it unless Im going to explode. I'm usually good about going before hand these days.

Ayen
10-26-2015, 07:48 PM
If I have to go really, really bad I'll just go to the bathroom. I rarely have this problem though. If anything it's the number two that gets me going. Missed the ending to Moses because of that. Not sure if that's really a bad thing or not.

Formalhaut
10-26-2015, 08:28 PM
I always hold it in unless I'm literally going to burst any second. Fortunately, I always aim to go to the bathroom before I watch a movie, so that's only happened to me a few times, and only for long films where I'm drinking lots of fluids (popcorn is like, so good, but so dry).

Colonel Angus
10-26-2015, 11:46 PM
i will hold it.. cinema is already getting more expensive with the years... im damn sure not going to waste it :P
and i always pee before i leave the house, so i shouldnt be having the need anyway
Do they not have giant cups of soda in Dutch Theatres, or is that just an American thing? :p

As for me, I hold it, if I can. I only remember running out once or twice.

Shiny
10-27-2015, 03:17 AM
This has happened many times and only one movie I walked out to pee but that's because it was pretty bad. The rest of the time I hold it in because if I miss any second of the film I will die obviously.

Colonel Angus
10-27-2015, 05:29 AM
Still waiting for the person who says they pee in a bottle/empty cup.

FFNut
10-27-2015, 06:27 AM
It depends on the movie. If it is something I can't look away... I'll go in a cup before I leave it. However if I could care less about the movie. I'm going to walk out to pea my brains out in the bathroom.

Bubba
10-27-2015, 08:22 AM
However if I couldn't care less about the movie.

Fixed :monster:

Old Manus
10-27-2015, 12:08 PM
I've never had to go to the toilet at the cinema before. Go before the damn thing starts!

Though this does remind me of a time when I was at a classical music concert with a mate and had made the mistake of meeting in the pub beforehand for a few. I needed to go before we headed off to the venue but we were running late, so I just decided I'd have to deal with it. We were about half way through what happened to be an infamously long Mahler symphony and I reached the point where I would normally run to the toilet. Unfortunately, this isn't a movie theater and you can't just get up to go and take a leak until there is an interval (which had either already passed or didn't exist for this performance). I just had to sit there and bite the bullet, for about an hour and a quarter.

It was up there with telling my parents I was an EoFFer as the most uncomfortable 75 minutes of my life. I must have contorted my body into a dozen different positions. By the end I was closing my eyes and managing my breathing because I felt that if I breathed too hard I would break the seal. When it finally finished, I didn't stay for the encore and had to awkwardly shuffle (running was a negative at this point as it would widen my legs to too large an angle) to the bathrooms. The worst part was that when I finally got into the cubicle to experience that sweet, sweet relief, nothing was happening. It was coming out in a trickle. I figured the pressure must have been too high or something. Eventually it started flowing and I timed it. I peed for one minute and fifty-five seconds straight. That is my story.

Shaibana
10-28-2015, 07:39 PM
Do they not have giant cups of soda in Dutch Theatres, or is that just an American thing? :p

As for me, I hold it, if I can. I only remember running out once or twice.
naturally.. its a Murican thing