PDA

View Full Version : Do you frequently tabletop roleplay?

Pike
11-04-2015, 05:03 PM
This is now the thread for that most incredibly nerdy pursuit.

Mr. Carnelian
11-04-2015, 05:19 PM
I normally only tell people about my roleplaying preferences after the third date, but I'll make an exception just this once. :p

I've only done it once, and I didn't much care for it. I might try it again some day, possibly. What would be a good one to start off with, do you think?

If I'm with friends, then I'd much rather play a boardgame or a video game than tabletop roleplay, to be honest. Or gossiping. Gossiping can be fun.

Shauna
11-04-2015, 05:24 PM
I think it would be cool.

But I have no friends so.

escobert
11-04-2015, 06:30 PM
If MTG counts :P

blackmage_nuke
11-04-2015, 08:59 PM
I use to and theres two systems I want to try out but me and my friends cant seem to find the time anymore

Ayen
11-04-2015, 09:30 PM
I only did it once five years back. Met up with some online friends who happened to be in my area (a rarity) and that was the first and only time I really did a tabletop. GM said I showed more incentive than a lot of newbies who play with them. I got my ass kicked! I also froze at one moment and had to take a potty break. RPING FACE TO FACE IS HARD OKAY?

Formalhaut
11-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Like Mr. Carny, I'm much more into board games than out and out tabletop RPGs. Having said that, if a friend invited me to a evening of it, I wouldn't say no, as long as they explained the complicated rules to me.

Vermachtnis
11-04-2015, 11:05 PM
I've tried a couple of times and it was fun. It's just hard to get a free afternoon for four people.

Psychotic
11-05-2015, 07:47 AM
I think it would be cool.

But I have no friends so.

Sephex
11-05-2015, 08:08 AM
Does bedroom roleplay count? There was this time I was in a Dragon suit because I wanted the sex to drag on.

Uhhhanyway I did frequently play last year and some of this year, but it has been harder to get together lately with the people who play.

Mr. Carnelian
11-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Does bedroom roleplay count?

I did that joke already. You're losing your touch, Sephex. :p

Although, the dragon pun is pretty damn good.

Shaibana
11-05-2015, 04:03 PM
what is 'tabletop roleplay'?

sharkythesharkdogg
11-05-2015, 04:42 PM

It's this. http://dnd.wizards.com/

I like playing, if the group is fun, but I can't find the time anymore.

Shaibana
11-05-2015, 04:48 PM

It's this. http://dnd.wizards.com/

I like playing, if the group is fun, but I can't find the time anymore.

ive played DnD through the internet.. does that count?

Sephex
11-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Does bedroom roleplay count?

I did that joke already. You're losing your touch, Sephex. :p

Although, the dragon pun is pretty damn good.

I noticed! Hence the poor excuse for a dragon pun.

I also thought about saying rolling down a hill while playing a video game, but that was too weird.

Crop
11-05-2015, 10:37 PM
I never have and probably never will. I like board games for the most part, and I would certainly give tabletop roleplay a go if the opportunity arose, but I'm already pretty certain it's not for me.

Sephex
11-06-2015, 01:33 AM
I never have and probably never will. I like board games for the most part, and I would certainly give tabletop roleplay a go if the opportunity arose, but I'm already pretty certain it's not for me.

I don't like most table top games, but the game I was playing was created by a buddy of mine. He actually streamlined a lot of things. Sessions were still long, but most sessions ended with things going by fast. As we went on sessions went faster.

NeoCracker
11-06-2015, 09:09 AM
A weekly game that I'm involved in is pretty great. I run Pathfinder, though a couple are out for a while so that's on hold until they are back and someone is running Prophecy.

And during character creation I realized half the time was spent yelling at how terribly organized that book is.

Del Murder
11-06-2015, 09:06 PM
Never done it and it looks so fun on Community but I have a feeling it's not as good in real life.

blackmage_nuke
11-07-2015, 04:02 AM
Never done it and it looks so fun on Community but I have a feeling it's not as good in real life.

Theres a little more paperwork and it depends on the creativity of the DM and the group dynamic but it can be that good. Though you probably wont have a life chnaging epiphany every session

Laddy
11-08-2015, 07:50 AM
I developed a tabletop game that I developed on my own and got a few EoFFers to play it and it was rather fun!

I play Pathfinder, D&D, Numenera, Shadowrun, Call of Cthulhu, and Vampire: the Masquerade. A good group and GM can make or break a session, though. I suggest for those interested to try multiple games with multiple people if you want to try it out.