PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Ever Use These Abilities?

Depression Moon
09-20-2015, 07:21 PM
Zidane's Skills
What's That!?
Soul Blade
Annoy
Sacrifice
Lucky Seven

Garnet's Wht Magic
Panacea
Berserk
Confuse

Steiner's Sword Art
Darkside
Lai Strike
Power Break
Armor Break
Mental Break
Magic Break
Charge!
Thunder Slash (Glitched)

Vivi's Blk Magic
Poison

Freya's Dragon Techniques
Dragon Breath
White Draw
Luna
Six Dragons

Quina's Blu Magic
Goblin Punch
Lvl. 3 Def-Less

Eiko's Summons
Millenial Decay
Diamond Light
Emerald Light
Pearl Light

Amarant's Spare Change

IX was the first to expand the predetermined job classes (Well VI sort of), and it ended up having a ton of abilities in the game that came out useless or near useless to me. Steiner has the most out of anyone. I used Minus Strike a little bit in the beginning of each playthrough, but it's quickly forgotten after Dali and I don't touch them again until he learns Stock Break. The Breaks outside of Stock Break have terrible accuracy. When they were making X it looked like they realized this and put emphasis on them making them some of the best abilities in the game.

Dat Matt
09-21-2015, 09:01 PM
FFIX is a game of getting abilities and then never using them. There is an optimum set up and everyone uses it.

Summons are lame though, so I'm surprised that anyone uses them.

Depression Moon
09-21-2015, 10:47 PM
Summons deal damage. Their one of the most popular jobs for a reason.

NeoCracker
10-12-2015, 01:29 PM
What's that is actually not bad from time to time, and I regulary find myself using White Draw. But yeah, not really any of those others.

Laddy
11-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Summons are a mixed bag. However, Zidane's skills, literally all of them, are completely useless.

Some of the others you have can be used less. Lv 3 Def-less is useful for bosses that's level is a multiple of 3. Poison and Eiko's summons are useful around Disk 2.

Elpizo
11-14-2015, 11:06 AM
However, Zidane's skills, literally all of them, are completely useless.

Speak for yourself, I was happily dealing 9999 damage with Thievery, which was only, what, 8 mp? Been a while, not sure. Steal was also very useful, as a lot of bosses in this game had nifty stuff to nick.

Laddy
11-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Steal is a Command. And by the time I was able to get Thievery to that level Zidabe was hitting for 9999 anyway.

Elpizo
11-17-2015, 09:52 PM
You can get Thievery to 9999 way before Zidane's normal attacks hit 9999. Plus, Thievery ignores protect, his attacks don't. Granted, some steal grinding was involved, but you can do that without overleveling. It's a very reliable and good way to deal damage, in any situation.