PDA

View Full Version : Anime

Karifean
09-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Feels like it's been a long time since we had an anime topic. Anyone been watching any anime lately? This season has quite a few standout shows as far as I'm aware.

I'm currently catching up on Gakkou Gurashi! and it has one of the best first episodes I've ever seen. I've seen the first 6 episodes now and I'm really liking it.

Still waiting for the conclusions of Charlotte and Working!!!. I pray for a good finish for Charlotte in particular, but I'm kinda sad the series never really "took off".

Planning on watching Bakemonogatari in the next few days as well. Anyone have any opinions to give on that one?

FFIX Choco Boy
09-24-2015, 12:07 AM
I actually haven't really gotten into the anime scene this year, which is strange because anime is basically all I've watched since middle school. But this year I've been watching horror movies and zombie films the whole time. Anyways, I'm mostly just marking this topic because I'd like to come back to it later when there are more anime suggestions here so I don't completely miss out on this year.

Vermachtnis
09-24-2015, 12:44 AM
The last anime I watched was the first episode of Death Parade when that aired. Been meaning to watch some more. Like finishing that and Kill la Kill. For this season, that Umaru-chan looks cute.

Fynn
09-24-2015, 05:45 AM
Watched the first episode of FMA: Brotherhood a couple days ago. Late to the party, I know. We'll see how it goes.

Shiny
09-24-2015, 06:01 AM
One of my friends recommended a cooking anime called Shokugeki No Souma.

Agent Proto
09-24-2015, 06:11 AM
I've been watching some anime from this year alone, and there has been some really great ones that I've seen, so I'll list what I've watched.

DanMachi: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist
Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri

There's also more that I've watched, but these are the most notable ones that were started this year. :)

Shauna
09-24-2015, 08:38 AM
Ore Monogatari is my favourite anime from this year. Gakkou Gurashi has been an interesting thing, didn't think I'd end up liking it as much as I did.

I have watched a lot and I am just up - watch this space for more 10/10 animes.

Karifean
09-24-2015, 04:43 PM
Ah, and also what animes are you looking forward to? Coming season I'll probably just watch the continuation of K and see if anything else promptly catches my eye, but one I can hardly wait for is the Ace Attorney anime even though it's still half a year off :P

I have watched a lot and I am just up - watch this space for more 10/10 animes.

*staring intensely*

Watched the first episode of FMA: Brotherhood a couple days ago. Late to the party, I know. We'll see how it goes.

Nice. It's nothing special IMO, but can be very well enjoyed for what it is.

Fox
09-24-2015, 05:42 PM
One of my friends recommended a cooking anime called Shokugeki No Souma.

Watch it with your parents. It isn't weird at all to do this. :roll2

I am watching many of the anime:
- Gate
- Working!!!
- Himouto Umaru-Chan
- Non Non Byori Repeat
- Okusama ga Seitokaichou*
- Wakaba Girl
- Shokugeki no Soma
- Danchigai
- Steins;Gate (this is a few years old now, but I missed it when it came out and my friends who have played the visual novel have insisted that I watch it).

As you can probably tell I like my moe comedies. ^_^

*discretion advised. There's a 'censored' and 'uncensored' version put it that way

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

\0/ This is one of my favourites ever. I hope it gets a second season one day.

Shauna
09-24-2015, 06:03 PM
This space has now moved here

Currently watching (although many of them are finishing :( :( :( :( )

Non Non Biyori Repeat (Renge is amazing)
Ore Monogatari!! (everything is amazing)
Gakkou Gurashi (Taroumaru is amazing)
Joukamachi no Dandelion (uhhhh LINE is amazing)
Dragon Ball Super (the animation is "amazing")
Sengoku Basara (engrish is amazing)
Cardcaptor Sakura (Windy is amazing)

On hold at the moment until my friend and I actually get it together

Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions (ST☆RISH is amazing)
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season (nothing is amazing)

Next season, looking at the line up... there wasn't very much that tickled our fancy. Except Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?? because silly girls in a cafe. Owarimonogatari is another, but we need to catch up with what's happening in the world of Monogatari. Others we have randomly chosen include:

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets-Sareta Ken
Lance N' Masques
Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan
Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai

But, I couldn't tell you what any of these are because I have already forgotten.

Agent Proto
09-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Ah, and also what animes are you looking forward to? Coming season I'll probably just watch the continuation of K and see if anything else promptly catches my eye, but one I can hardly wait for is the Ace Attorney anime even though it's still half a year off :P

You have no idea how excited I am about the upcoming Ace Attorney anime. It's the one thing missing from the entire fandom and literally everyone is excited about this.

Formalhaut
09-24-2015, 06:34 PM

You have no idea how excited I am about the upcoming Ace Attorney anime. It's the one thing missing from the entire fandom and literally everyone is excited about this.

I never watch anime usually, but I might chase this up when it gets released!

Pumpkin
09-24-2015, 06:48 PM
I haven't been watching much lately but someone recommended Puella Magi Madoka Magica to me and I quite enjoyed the first two episodes. I should watch some more

Karifean
09-24-2015, 06:56 PM
I haven't been watching much lately but someone recommended Puella Magi Madoka Magica to me and I quite enjoyed the first two episodes. I should watch some more

Oh, that's a really good one. I typically tell people to binge the first three episodes and THEN decide if they want to continue watching. Make of that what you will.

Shauna
09-24-2015, 06:59 PM

Oh, that's a really good one. I typically tell people to binge the first three episodes and THEN decide if they want to continue watching. Make of that what you will.

The three episode rule is solid for all animu.

Fox
09-24-2015, 09:30 PM

Ah yes. Madoka Magica is probably the most brilliant thing I've ever hated :)

Pumpkin
09-24-2015, 09:38 PM
Why do you hate it?

sharkythesharkdogg
09-24-2015, 09:43 PM
I'm going to make Pumpkin watch some more Silver Spoon.

Fox
09-24-2015, 10:03 PM
Why do you hate it?

I could not say without very specifically spoiling major plot points which I didn't like. Definitely continue to watch though, even though I personally dislike it I would still definitely recommend it!

Fynn
09-25-2015, 05:42 AM
Oh my God, Madoka Magika.

Oh my God.

I love that anime, but...

There's this...

Argh! Spoilers! ><

Pumpkin, just keep watching. The first two episodes are... Uh... Not that indicative of the whole show, let's say :p

And Silver Spoon is awesome too! :D

maybee
09-26-2015, 07:50 AM
Been re-watching Inuyasha.

Ayen
09-26-2015, 07:53 AM
I finally got caught up on Sailor Moon Crystal. Probably a good thing I waited. It's better to marathon than follow on a bi-weekly schedule.

Karifean
09-26-2015, 08:31 PM
So Charlotte ended in exactly the way I was praying and praying for it not to. Making it a pretty mediocre anime. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

Working!!!'s final episode on the other hand is a pretty excellent end to the trilogy. The third season pushed the narrative way more than either of the earlier two and it was satisfying as hell to see it all get resolved. What the fuck was up with the special announcement at the end though... well we'll see ^^

Also I'm 10 episodes into Bakemonogatari. Interesting series. Probably the most talking I've ever seen in an anime though. Thankfully I'm used to that sort of thing through VNs, so it's fine. Gotta say though, that second opening was a massive WTF moment and I spent the entirety of it laughing out loud.

More importantly, a Rewrite anime was announced (https://youtu.be/JMd0sUcWr_E). I spent all my over the top hype on the Key community forums so I can just say that I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how it pans out :)

sharkythesharkdogg
09-29-2015, 05:05 PM

I don't know about that, really.

It's like they noticed Farming Simulator 2015 got reasonably popular (for some reason), and decided "Why not anime?'

I've only tried two episodes, but it's....definitely a show. :shrug:

Fynn
09-29-2015, 08:52 PM
Well, I enjoyed it. And I actually felt that I learned a lot after watching it.

Shauna
09-29-2015, 09:03 PM
If you liked Silver Spoon you may also like Moyashimon. It is also about agriculture.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-03-2015, 01:49 PM
I'll probably try another few episodes just because it is a little different. I'm just not sure if I like it yet.

Fox
10-04-2015, 02:47 PM
News: They're doing a Sword Art Online movie! Looks to be a new, original story for the movie. No more info than that so far really.

What's the general consensus of SAO here? I'm a big fan but tons of people hate it :)

Karifean
10-04-2015, 02:53 PM
I've only seen the first season which I found to be pretty enjoyable. Nothing world-moving, but a fun watch. I certainly feel it gets a lot more hate than it deserves, especially the second half.

Shauna
10-04-2015, 03:27 PM
/a/ hated SOA so I think it just made it seem like it was more hated than it was. Never watched it myself, but it might be something to pick up some time later. When I run out of other things to watch.

Matt and I have just started watching Haruhi Suzumiya again. Well, we have both watched S1 before - gonna watch it again and follow that up with S2 so we can watch Disappearance of Haruhi and maybe one day get round to Disappearance of Nagato.

Pumpkin
10-22-2015, 06:09 AM
Oh my God, Madoka Magika.

Oh my God.

I love that anime, but...

There's this...

Argh! Spoilers! ><

Pumpkin, just keep watching. The first two episodes are... Uh... Not that indicative of the whole show, let's say :p

I watched the first three episodes and I dun get what the big spoilery thing is? Do I have to watch longer?

Fynn
10-22-2015, 06:40 AM
The end where Mami's head gets bitten off? Yeah, it all goes downhill from there...

Ayen
12-05-2015, 08:41 PM
I recently watched Good Luck Girl, and Haganai on the Funimation streaming site. Both are funny shows with good dubbing. Not that I'm surprised since Funiatmion always been good with that.

I also saw Kotoura-san on Netflix and that has to have the most depressing first act to any episode I have ever witnessed. Goddamn!

Wolf Kanno
12-05-2015, 08:54 PM
Just One Punch Man and JoJo's Bizarre Adventures.

Fynn
12-05-2015, 08:59 PM
So FMA: Brotherhood is pretty much phenomenal so far.

Big D
12-05-2015, 09:43 PM
News: They're doing a Sword Art Online movie! Looks to be a new, original story for the movie. No more info than that so far really.

What's the general consensus of SAO here? I'm a big fan but tons of people hate it :)I checked out the first episode of SAO on Anime Lab, the new anime streaming service on the PS3. It seems interesting and fun, with a really striking visual style, so I think I'll keep watching.

Might also get around to checking out some Attack on Titan and Cowboy Bebop, as well as other respected classics available on Anime Lab.

Fynn
12-05-2015, 09:47 PM
SAO starts off strong but gets really, REALLY bad by the end. I was really hooked for the first half, but the latter part just left a sour taste in my mouth.

Karifean
12-05-2015, 10:17 PM
There's still lots of room on the "SAO was actually pretty decent all the way through" side so come join us if you like. Not a big crowd over here.

Just watching One Punch Man right now which is great. I've heard good things about the second season of K as well, so I might start watching that too. Still mostly busy being psyched as hell about Gyakuten Saiban and Rewrite coming sometime next year.

Fox
12-05-2015, 11:28 PM
I haven't seen One Punch Man yet as it isn't on Crunchy and that's the only one I sub to. I'll get around to it - I really should have already tbh it's not like there's much else of note this season. I'm watching Yuru Yuri and Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka for my cutesy slice of life fix, and Utawarerumono for my fantasy drama fix (although that's turned somewhat into Fujoshi - The Anime).

I feel obligated to watch Iron Blooded Orphans because apparently it's phenomenal, but I have not got around to it yet.

Shauna
12-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka :heart:

We're still watching Dragon Ball Super just now, along with the above and uh...

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru (crime drama + LEARNING the anime)
Shomin Sample (It is a terrible harem and is probably going to be dropped)
Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai (military academy generic stuff but with decent characters)

Fox
12-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Sakurako-san! Must...return...to that...

I watched the first 2 episodes, really liked it, and haven't watched any more yet. I just tend to always be more of a "let's watch cute girls serving coffee" mood than a "let's solve grisly murders from the remains" one.

Ayen
12-07-2015, 02:26 AM
It's official, Haganai is my new favorite anime. I get so absorbed into it it doesn't even feel like 20 minutes have past. Can't remember the last time anything ever made me fall out of my chair, either.

Sephiroth
12-07-2015, 03:28 AM
I am watching Dragon Ball Super.

Fox
12-07-2015, 01:37 PM
It's official, Haganai is my new favorite anime. I get so absorbed into it it doesn't even feel like 20 minutes have past. Can't remember the last time anything ever made me fall out of my chair, either.

I never finished watching the first season of that. Are you on the first or second?

Pumpkin
12-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Tried a few episodes of that Netflix original "Seven Deadly Sins"

it was... it was awful

Maybe it gets better, I dunno

Ayen
12-07-2015, 09:00 PM

I never finished watching the first season of that. Are you on the first or second?

I just finished the second season, and there better be a third or I found my next headquarters to blow up!

NeoCracker
12-07-2015, 10:09 PM
For the life of me I will never understand how One Punch Man manages to keep you invested in the fights, but dear god this show is amazing.