PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any scars?

Pike
11-26-2015, 05:03 PM
Tell us about 'em! :eek:

I have one on my left arm kind of near my elbow-pit (I guess that's what it's called). It's not a particularly exciting story, but basically I was working at PetSmart at the time and trying to help carry a big glass fish tank and it ended up digging into my arm and leaving a big ol' gash, which I toughed out. Later it turned into a scar.

I have a couple scars on my legs as well (by my knees) but I have no clue how I got them.

Formalhaut
11-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Tell us about 'em! :eek:

I have one on my left arm kind of near my elbow-pit (I guess that's what it's called). It's not a particularly exciting story, but basically I was working at PetSmart at the time and trying to help carry a big glass fish tank and it ended up digging into my arm and leaving a big ol' gash, which I toughed out. Later it turned into a scar.

I have a couple scars on my legs as well (by my knees) but I have no clue how I got them.

I'm far too safety conscious to do anything dangerous, so I don't think I have any scars: at least, any scars that I'm aware of.

Crop
11-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Yes, I have a small one on my forehead from when I was about 5 and I fell and hit my head on a fireplace.

I have a large appendicitis scar from when I was 15, because it burst before they could get it out.

My most recent is my lower lip a couple of years back, it had to be reattached after a dog bit it off. Not really noticeable now unless I point it out, props to the Doctor for that one.

Fynn
11-26-2015, 05:11 PM
I have a couple.

I have three after the lipoma removals. I have one on the knee from when my brother hit me when we were sitting in a restaurant as there was a nail sticking out of the table. I also have this bump on my nose after a particularly nasty zit, but I guess you really have to know its there to see it.

Oh, and there's that scar from when I was a little kid. I think I fell asleep during some church ceremony and I have this horizontal scar on the bridge of my nose. It's really subtle though, so you have to know its there to notice.

Formalhaut
11-26-2015, 05:23 PM
Oh, and there's that scar from when I was a little kid. I think I fell asleep during some church ceremony and I have this horizontal scar on the bridge of my nose. It's really subtle though, so you have to know its there to notice.

That bad was it? :p

Rin Heartilly
11-26-2015, 06:43 PM
I have a small scar on my wrist from resting it on the edge of a stove. I have a scar on my leg from a car running over a bottle as I crossed the road (shard of glass went into my leg of course) and I have a scar on my knee from when i played basketball in highschool (got shoved and fell, gravel went into my gash).

So much fun :D

Ayen
11-27-2015, 12:44 AM
No scars of any kind.

Mirage
11-27-2015, 03:41 AM
Way too many. Looks like I've been shot by a shotgun.

blackmage_nuke
11-27-2015, 05:25 AM
Only a few small ones where I overscratch mosquito bites and one on my knuckle I dont know the origin of. Nothing large and noticeable.

Big D
11-27-2015, 09:58 AM
A few here and there, including one on my scalp from an accident as a toddler, a surgical scar near an armpit, and several bits of damage to fingers caused by mishaps with sporting equipment, kitchen utensils and office supplies.

Fynn
11-27-2015, 12:19 PM
Oh man, that reminds me. I cook a lot and I am also clumsy as fuck. So do the math.

SammieBabe
11-27-2015, 06:48 PM
I have a rather large scar on my right hip from when I fractured my pelvis and dislocated my hip in an accident some years back.
My appendectomy scar is no longer visible thanks to babies!
I have a small one at the base of my left thumb, and couple on my right leg from the above mentioned accident, and one above my right eye, which you have to be uncomfortably close in order to see.

Pumpkin
11-27-2015, 07:15 PM
One on my nose from a cat bite, a recent enough one behind my ankle from the shower door, and several around my lady parts from childbirth

Madame Adequate
11-27-2015, 07:38 PM
I have one on my right hand at the base of the thumb, from it going through a big sheet of glass. I also have a couple on my head, one from a brick (which I had thrown up myself with a lever to see, well, how high I could get a brick to fly with a couple other bricks and a plank of wood), and one from smacking my head on a ceiling fixture or a light or something. Can only see those when I'm shaven-headed though!

Old Manus
11-27-2015, 07:42 PM
I've got a pretty grim looking one on my right elbow from when I fell off my bike once when I was about 13. Nothing else apart from a big round one around my midriff which I've had since birth.

Shiny
11-27-2015, 07:49 PM
Most interesting scar I have is probably the one I got from bending over in my shower to get soap I dropped. When I came up the faucet scraped my butt.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-27-2015, 09:27 PM
I have scars all over my arms from burns ive got from work, but they aren't too noticeable. I also have a couple on my wrists from when people used to stab each other with pens and pencils for fun in middle school. There is a biggish one on my leg that appeared from walking by my dad's grilling equipment and the serated edge of the aluminum foil box was sticking out and sliced up my leg.

Laddy
11-27-2015, 11:37 PM
I'm a pretty-boy girly man and I never engage in physical exertion of any sort outside of sexytimes.

That being said, I once fell through a chair at age 11 when the seat gave away and a screw tore all down my leg, leaving a thin scar that's about five inches long and opening up to an inch-wide gash just above my ankle. It's hard to notice but it's there.

Araciel
12-02-2015, 01:59 AM
Got a few from when I was in high school and got into some fights. Got some from working. Got some from your mom.

Bri
12-02-2015, 02:09 AM
Yes I have scars, I have alot. Honestly each of my scars tells a story. I have some battle scars, random scars, accidental scars and a few self inflicted scars from when I was going through a great deal of hurt and depression.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-02-2015, 02:49 AM
Yes. So many.

DMKA
12-02-2015, 04:10 AM
I have a scar on the upper joint of my left thumb from when I was a stupid 22 year old and decided to peel potatoes while I was wasted and ended up peeling off a chunk of my thumb in the process.

Iceglow
12-06-2015, 12:03 PM
I also have a couple on my head, one from a brick (which I had thrown up myself with a lever to see, well, how high I could get a brick to fly with a couple other bricks and a plank of wood)

Somehow this has made my morning. This is an amazing mental image. For a man whom has several qualifications... you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

I've plenty of scars, thankfully not many are too noticable. My skull is probably the most obvious ones, the contusion to the back of it where it was fractured and the shattered jaw left their marks. I have some pretty noticable ones on my right hand and wrist, one from a glue gun in year 3 (also the first incident where I swore in a classroom). The rest are from when I got run over and the wing mirrior literally ripped the skin open to the bone on the outside of my wrist.

Zeldy
12-12-2015, 05:53 PM
This is a topic quite close to my heart, I clicked the yes - a few option.

I have many scars littered around my body; from the small dent in my forehead that I don't know how it got there, a slash down my cheek that was caused by someone's nail (owww) during playing netball at school, my knees are covered in awful scars from falling over as a young girl (always).

But obviously I had alot of piercings in my teenage years (25 in my peak) and it's left me with scars on my hips, my belly, my wrist, my neck, my back... quite alot of places. Oh I have marks on my lips and nose still too from piercings!

I had micro-dermals inserted into my chest and after my body rejected them, in their place keloids formed (unfortunately, a trait I'd inherited but never knew I had - or probably wouldnt have done had I no subjected my body to such pain.) If you're not sure what keloids are, google them. They're scars, just a bit worse and more ugly and red.

I have them on my chest, it's something that I feel really self conscious about as I just feel like everyone looks. Got them forever! I uploaded a picture to instagram to "get it off my chest" so to speak ohohoo.. can see here, educate yourself (https://www.instagram.com/p/7GScdxoDew/) on piercings.

Midgar Mist
12-13-2015, 03:17 AM
Wow a lot of you guys have been through the wars. I just have a small scar on my left knee. I flew off the back of a playground conga line aged 5 and a piece of gravel embedded itself in my knee. I also have an uneven forehead due to acne scars. Im mostly cautious but i do have another small scar from where i sliced my finger open a few years ago.

Loony BoB
12-13-2015, 09:04 AM
One from when I got run over by a car I was sitting in, one all-but-gone one from when I hit myself in the face with a hammer, another all-but-gone one from when my dad hit me in the face with a crowbar, and a couple from when some stranger cut me with a knife. One of those cut scars is pretty huge, but probably not as big overall as the car one.

theundeadhero
12-13-2015, 09:50 AM
So. Many. Scars. One that's vertical to left of my left eye from where I fell and hit in on a bed frame when I was a really little kid. Another horizontal one above my left eye from when I slipped on some wet concrete steps and busted it open on the edge of a step. The left edge of that one meets up with the top edge of the other. A small one on the bridge of my nose, centered with my eyes, from when I hit it with a pan when I was a little kid. A few on the back of my head from the various times I've banged it on stuff and cut it open. One on my chin from when my little sister and I were throwing rocks into a creek. I got hit with one she threw. One on my chest from a pizza roll. I was eating some shirtless that were very hot, and the insides gushed out the back when I bit down and they landed there. There's some lines on my left shoulder from where it was cut. I have some near my right elbow from RPG shrapnel. There's a line on my left thumb from when a little kitty mangled it. I have a scar on my knee from a surgery I had as a little kid. I fell off my bike in the gravel driveway and some rocks got up in there. My right ankle has a scar around it from when I sliced it open and had to get it stitched up. I... think that's good for now.

Zeldy
12-13-2015, 09:52 AM
So. Many. Scars. One that's vertical to left of my left eye from where I fell and hit in on a bed frame when I was a really little kid. Another horizontal one above my left eye from when I slipped on some wet concrete steps and busted it open on the edge of a step. The left edge of that one meets up with the top edge of the other. A small one on the bridge of my nose, centered with my eyes, from when I hit it with a pan when I was a little kid. A few on the back of my head from the various times I've banged it on stuff and cut it open. One on my chin from when my little sister and I were throwing rocks into a creek. I got hit with one she threw. One on my chest from a pizza roll. I was eating some shirtless that were very hot, and the insides gushed out the back when I bit down and they landed there. There's some lines on my left shoulder from where it was cut. I have some near my right elbow from RPG shrapnel. There's a line on my left thumb from when a little kitty mangled it. I have a scar on my knee from a surgery I had as a little kid. I fell off my bike in the gravel driveway and some rocks got up in there. My right ankle has a scar around it from when I sliced it open and had to get it stitched up. I... think that's good for now.

Was the pizza worth it?

theundeadhero
12-13-2015, 09:53 AM
Always. It slowed me down for about three seconds before I tried again, with better results.

Zeldy
12-13-2015, 09:54 AM
Always. It slowed me down for about three seconds before I tried again, with better results.

damn. No one can question your commitment to pizza rolls. I too will happily burn my mouth just to impatiently eat pizza, SO WORTH IT.

fire_of_avalon
12-15-2015, 04:22 AM
Aw Zeldy I'm sorry your microdermals did that. My cousin's ended up scarring a bit like that too. Boo for when things go wrong.

Zeldy
12-15-2015, 11:32 AM
Aw Zeldy I'm sorry your microdermals did that. My cousin's ended up scarring a bit like that too. Boo for when things go wrong.

Thanks foa.

Did your cousin find anything that works on reducing their appearance? I got prescribed something called ScarSil but its done nothing to reduce their redness. Sad times :(

Mirage
12-15-2015, 11:59 AM
just get some sandpaper

Zanmato
12-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Just a few scars on my face after fighting with my brother in childhood...
They're almost unnoticeable. :P

Zeldy
12-15-2015, 12:39 PM
just get some sandpaper

:colbert:

Mirage
12-15-2015, 12:58 PM
what?

Chris
12-23-2015, 11:22 AM
My face is a scar. But a very beautiful scar.