PDA

View Full Version : Gmail sending alerts to spam

Chibi Youkai
10-07-2015, 03:24 AM
So, apparently for the last couple months, Gmail has been sending all my thread reply emails directly to spam saying "It is in violation of Google's recommended email sender guidelines" to quote the email header. Any chance this is being looked at to clear the issue up, or if this is even a widespread problem? I've been flagging all of them as not spam, but they still keep going there.

Pike
10-13-2015, 09:53 PM
This is happening to me, too... but with staff emails D: Like spambot alerts, and things like that. I cannot for the life of me get Thunderbird to send them to my Inbox and not to the junk mail folder.

Rantz
10-13-2015, 10:15 PM
There's a bunch of stuff we could probably do to better follow Google's Bulk Senders Guidelines (https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en), but it's a bit of work to get there, so might be a while before that's sorted. The best thing you can do to prevent emails from a certain sender from going to spam is usually to add the sender to your contacts. You could try that for now if you haven't already.

Pike
10-13-2015, 11:27 PM
Thanks Rantz, I'll give that a shot :3:

Chibi Youkai
10-15-2015, 09:14 PM
I'll try it as well, thanks.

Pike
10-15-2015, 10:34 PM
Sadly it didn't seem to work for me :(

Chibi Youkai
10-16-2015, 01:42 AM
Not working either so far. I wonder if it has to do with whatever service is delivering the emails on the back end.

iXanon
11-24-2015, 08:11 AM
You guys are lucky, I couldn't even register with Gmail since I never received the activation link for my account despite re-sending it about 5 times (and yes, I did check my Junk/Spam).

In the end I gave up and used my work email.. ^^;

Shauna
11-24-2015, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up on that. We're still investigating the issue, sorry about the inconvenience! Oh, and welcome to EoFF :3

Midgar Mist
03-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Hmmm I cant say ive noticed EoFF notifications recently either. When I first joined i signed up for weekly ones on my gmail but....i get so much email in there I havent kept track. But its good you guys are on it :-)