PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Gaming

Wolf Kanno
10-07-2015, 04:16 AM
My tradition might get bunked this year. I usually try to play a creepy game every October for celebration into Halloween, but the way my work schedule has been and how fucking good MGSV is, I have a bad feeling I'll be still playing through Venom Snake's campaign by month's end. With that said, I'll probably either try to restart one of my two old Horror games I kind of left on, which is Fatal Frame and Silent Hill 3. So which should I choose because I've enjoyed what I've played of both.

So does anyone else bring out the scary, Halloween themed games in October like I do?

Ayen
10-07-2015, 05:09 AM
I do, but due to technical difficulties with my switch to videos I'm either only going to be able to look at 2 horror games this month for Halloween at most.

Psychotic
10-07-2015, 08:33 AM
Damn right. Been rocking the incredible Until Dawn and I then plan to move onto Albino Lullaby next.

Pike
10-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Not really spooky games but I definitely play Costume Quest every October 31.

Colonel Angus
10-08-2015, 02:27 AM
The only "horror" game I ever really played was Parasite Eve & that was many moons ago.

For some reason, I always find myself playing FFXII every fall, but that really has nothing to do w/ this thread. :shrug: :lol:

Jinx
10-08-2015, 02:32 AM
I really want to play Fatal Frame, but I think I'd be too spoopy.

Depression Moon
10-08-2015, 06:01 AM
The only "horror" game I ever really played was Parasite Eve & that was many moons ago.

For some reason, I always find myself playing FFXII every fall, but that really has nothing to do w/ this thread. :shrug: :lol:

You must have forgotten, XII came out on Halloween.

Ayen
10-08-2015, 06:54 AM
I'm sure Vaan was pretty scary to some

(not a Vaan hater, but the joke had to be made) :stare:

Karifean
10-08-2015, 10:24 AM
I guess I'll reread some classic Bern moments.

Colonel Angus
10-12-2015, 12:31 AM

You must have forgotten, XII came out on Halloween.
Oh, I remember.

Formalhaut
10-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Eh, I don't really do horror gaming. Waaay to scared to be dealing with any of them. I don't think I'll commemorate Halloween through video games; I don't think I've done anything​ for it for a looong time.

Randy
10-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Well I'm playing through Resident Evil Revelations 2 on Vita. The scariest thing so far is how much worse it looks than the first game on the 3DS.

FFNut
10-16-2015, 08:56 PM
I'me not able to game on Halloween due to taking the munchkin out trick or treating. After that I hit a sugar comma.

krissy
10-18-2015, 02:43 AM
i dont have time to play it this month but i recently started Alien: Isolation and it is spectacular

Ayen
10-18-2015, 02:48 AM
i dont have time to play it this month but i recently started Alien: Isolation and it is spectacular

Me too. I got to play some of that in my spare time. Holy trout the suspense is intense.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-19-2015, 07:31 PM
I don't have much time for games anymore, but I've decided today to finally start up the first Fatal Frame. I've been meaning to play it for quite a while!

In other years, I've usually done something like Silent Hill or something like that during October, but I devote most of the month to horror movies rather than games.

Vyk
10-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Too bad Until Dawn came out so early, it would have been perfect, but I played and beat it already. And there's too many good games coming out right now. Playing through Tales of Zestiria right now, and then Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced is coming out in a few days, and I am all over that

Shiny
10-23-2015, 11:05 PM
Yes I've been playing the remake of Resident Evil. I may get the remastered version of Silent Hill 2. Maybe even a little Manhunt. It would probably not take me that long to play these games if I didn't have panic attacks in between every other thing.

Vyk
10-24-2015, 05:05 PM
I've always been told the silent hill remasters are garbage where they ruined the lip syncing somehow and took out all the fog and ruins the atmosphere entirely. May want to research how much they've changed that one. I wonder if there's a digital version on PSN of the original. Probably not, good ol' Konami

Vermachtnis
10-28-2015, 08:33 AM
I've been thinking about getting the new Fatal Frame for the WiiU. I'm not much for horror games, but I did play either the first or second one before and it was pretty scary, but I liked it. Also played some Silent Hill 3 before.

Vyk
10-30-2015, 06:35 PM
I really want the new Fatal Frame. Out just screamed hidden gem. For all its lack of polish it has a lot of charm. And from what I gather it's one of the least scary. I prefer a more legit experience with my horror games but I'd totally make an exception for that one

Psychotic
10-30-2015, 07:40 PM
I have the Silent Hill 2 and 3 remasters and they're fine. Yeah removing the fog makes it look dated but it looks dated anyway. It's still classic Silent Hill and it's still fun.

Gonna be giving Outlast a whirl myself!

Christmas
05-15-2022, 09:49 AM
Man, seasonal gaming is really a thing!