PDA

View Full Version : American Horror Story: Hotel

Jinx
10-08-2015, 02:31 AM
IT STARTS TONIGHT

WHO IS READY FOR GAGA

AH THE HORROR OF RUNNING OUT OF CLEAN TOWELS

AND YOUR ROOM SERVICE COMING 15 MINUTES LATE

OR HOUSEKEEPING NOT SEEING THE DO NOT DISTURB SIGN AND WALKING IN WHILE YOU'RE POOPING

very scary stuff guise

(Can you tell I don't really care about this season? I don't. It's just tradition I make the thread. Let's hope I'll be pleasantly surprised.)

Depression Moon
10-08-2015, 06:00 AM
That pilot was great and I hope it stays that way.

Shauna
10-08-2015, 08:35 AM
I need to watch this tonight.

As I always say, I am always cautiously optimistic about this show.

Jinx
10-08-2015, 01:19 PM
The pilot was actually really, really, REALLY good. It gave me nightmares.

Shauna
10-08-2015, 01:35 PM
We're off to the typical good start. It makes me concerned.

Jinx
10-08-2015, 01:41 PM
We're off to the typical good start. It makes me concerned.

Same, honestly.

I'll give them this, though: it's the first time since season 2 that the show has been legitimately scary at times. Let's hope this is a return to form.

Also, it's refreshing not to have Jessica Lange around. I love her, but every single one of her characters are exactly the same.

Shauna
10-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Yeah, some of it was a bit freaky. But. Reasonable start. We'll see how it goes. Lady Gaga wasn't even terrible or anything (not that I expect her to be, she is eternally fabulous)!

You know, I love the aesthetic of the hotel. So 20s.

Psychotic
10-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Interesting start. All sorts of fucked up weird shit which is nice to see. Not keen on vampires but whatever, we'll see. Sarah Paulson doing her best Helena Bonham Carter in Fight Club impression.
Also, it's refreshing not to have Jessica Lange around. I love her, but every single one of her characters are exactly the same.No, because the last one was the exactly the same but German.

Depression Moon
10-09-2015, 01:46 AM
I'm not entirely sure that they're vampires. Lady was walking in the sun.

Jinx
10-09-2015, 01:53 AM
Different mythologies have different rules for "vampires".

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-10-2015, 08:46 AM
I think the creators said that she wasn't a vampire, but simply a blood drinker. Which in my book is basically a vampire without the mythology attached to it. Maybe she'll pull what Dandy did last season and bathe in the blood for the illusion of eternal youth. There has to be something supernatural going on, though. Otherwise how do you explain Sally being alive after she was pushed through the window

I've liked every season so far, but I think Sam's right. This so far is the first season since Asylum which I would classify as fitting the title of horror. Coven and Freakshow were definitely creepy in their own right, very macabre and at times unsettling, but now we're getting back into "holy crap should I watch this with my hands in front of my face" territory.

I thought the first episode was really good. It's refreshing to see Sarah Paulson as a villain and i'm interested to see what's up with the kidnapped children. Seeing them run around the halls and vanishing had to be a homage to The Shining.

Also, I really dig the white room with tetris and donkey kong playing on the walls.

Are we spoiler tagging stuff that happens or should the title just be changed to the usual -spoilers for aired episodes-?

EDIT: I just found out the realtor in the first episode was the same realtor from season 1 Murder House. After all this time I forgot what she looked like.

Night Fury
10-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Tried watching this and turned it off after the orgy bit. Too mic high fashion horror and I just couldn't be arsed. May go back to it at some point though.

Tyson
10-12-2015, 12:42 PM
I'm a massive fan of The Shining, which this season seems to be heavily borrowing from. So I enjoyed the premiere and am looking forward to the next ep.

Gotta agree with Night Fury tho, that foursome scene went on too long. GaGa is definitely the weak link for me. Every scene that focused on her I lost interest in.

SammieBabe
10-13-2015, 07:52 PM
I've never watched any of the previous seasons, but watched episode one last night. I wanted to see how many parallels there were between the show and real-life hotel drama.
We will be watching more. :)

Psychotic
10-29-2015, 11:48 PM
Anyone still watching? I find it a bit hit and miss. I like Mr March and his scatter brained maid, and his voice is pure liquid honey. Serial killer dinner party was dumb, though. I like the Lowes too, a bit, I guess. They're okay. The Lady Gaga vampire bit is mehhhhhhhhh. Oh, and the soundtrack for the show is top notch.

Jinx
10-30-2015, 01:09 AM
I'm actually enjoying this season immensely, but after the last couple of seasons, they really could only go up.

I thought serial killer dinner was dumb, but it made me read about serial killers and gave me a nightmare, so that's a plus.

Also, I think Wes has eclipsed Evan in my heart a little.

Psychotic
10-30-2015, 08:32 AM
Haha, I looked up serial killers too!

Depression Moon
10-30-2015, 04:16 PM
Mt. Rushmore of murder was tight. I loved that whole scene. That classic horror trope there.

Shiny
11-06-2015, 04:14 AM
So far this has been the gorest season and I don't particularly think that is a good thing. I'm interested to see how this Seven storyline pans out.

This season has some pretty freaky shit. The storyline of Mr. March is basically true and did to some extent did actually occur which is more frightening. So far this season has been actually scary so that's good/bad. I also really like the Elizabeth Taylor character but have not yet watched last night's episode which is apparently about her.

Zeldy
12-12-2015, 05:56 AM
I love this show. The first series was alright, but I'd put that as the worst one - well they were testing the water!

The Asylum series has been my favourite so far :) but I am very twisted.

I miss Jessica Lange, she kicked ass but agreed that it was time for change.

Shiny
12-12-2015, 06:27 AM
Annnnd it's still balls. Worse season so far imo, but I'm going to finish it out to see where the arcs go. I'm not as invested in the characters as I was in previous seasons. None of them have any redeeming qualities except maybe Liz Taylor who will probably be getting killed off soon.

Zeldy
12-13-2015, 12:23 PM
I agree, Shiny. It hasn't hooked me like the others have, but then it would be much better to just speed watch them on Netflix all in one go, I think thats been my problem. I messed up on recording them all so now and they're not on Netflix. gah.

I don't think I entirely know what's going on in this series XD

Psychotic
12-13-2015, 02:14 PM
I'm not as invested in the characters as I was in previous seasons. None of them have any redeeming qualities except maybe Liz Taylor who will probably be getting killed off soon.James March has the redeeming quality of his delicious erotic voice and I won't hear otherwise :colbert:

Jinx
12-13-2015, 03:07 PM
I actually like this season a lot. Like always, the show isn't scary, but it's engaging to me. Much better than last season.

Psychotic
12-13-2015, 08:25 PM
Has AHS ever been scary to you? I don't know if it has to me. Mind you, I don't even think that's what they were going for with Coven, and probably Freak Show after Twisty's death and Hotel after the first things-in-the-matress episode. Asylum was probably the only one that might've approached it, both with the concept of being wrongly imprisoned in an abusive institution with no recourse and the unexplained supernatural/demonic elements.

I don't think it's possible to maintain fear throughout a 13 episode season consisting of 45 minute episodes. Less is more when it comes to the horror genre, I think.

Jinx
12-13-2015, 09:04 PM
Season one freaked me out, actually.